Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

This dream is a few days old...so most of the detail is gone, the parts that tie it all together, all that's left is the gory stuff.... :( Gotta LOVE nightmares!

Mine seems to walk up while i'm walking or at least by time i sit down. If I lean forward I can usually feel a twinge here and there.

Hi ladies, I hope you are all well.

I was 22 weeks yesterday yay and I can now see baby move from the outside yay

MrsDuck isn't it so cool? I don't think my LO is kicking hard enough just yet to be seen, but it's also really low (below where my panties sit) so I can't see under my belly button well anymore. But I put my hand over my lower belly and get to feel nudges.

Baby must have taken a nap by the end of the afternoon. I was trying to feel little wiggles and felt nothing ... started to get worried, even though I felt them earlier... a mothers worry haha
I tried pushing my belly up and seeing where Baby was... decided I'd curled in a ball on the couch and finally felt the nudges and then the baby moved up a bit. I'm guessing that they nestled deep in my pelvis and didn't want to move no matter what I did til i made the space "smaller".
I kinda want them to move up a little ...not a ton ... but most of the little twists, turns, nudges, kick are all very very low.

Another prenatal appointment is this afternoon. Just need to make it through most of the work day.

MrsDuck - woohoo, happy 22 weeks! And yaay for seeing baby from the outside, always one of the most fun things :).

StarGazer - I hope your appointment goes smoothly and you get to hear that lil heartbeat. I've found I can find baby pretty easily if I'm lying flat on my back since they like to spread out. I look like I have a huge squash on one half of my belly when I'm down on my back lol. I push and poke at them but they don't respond quite as much yet.

afm - it's very smokey here, there's now a fire up by the lake just half an hour from my house so the smoke has settled all around us. We have air quality warnings for everyone, and especially pregnant women, asthma, immune compromised people. Hoping it will rain sooner than later to help it clear out a bit, but there's nothing in the forecast. I had another crappy dream this morning, so I woke up feeling sad and distraught.

I read somewhere that their baby was using their pelvis as a bed and just laying low and curled up down low. I think that's what my little wiggles is doing.

Awe Jess, it sucks that it's that close to home. I hope that rain comes soon to help clear the air some!

I think as long as the nurse goes low enough they'll find the heartbeat. It should be strong, and clear now.
As long as I don't rush, my blood pressure should be fine. I might have to find some candy though. I feel my blood sugar dropping a bit. Mostly cause i'm TRYING NOT to drink sugary drinks, but it looks like I'm gonna have to have something during the day if it keeps doing this. URgh!

Sorry you are having horrible dreams star and Jessica, it’s horrible how real they seem at the time

Jessica I hope you get a downpour to clear the air. It must be a bit scary to be that close

Star my baby was wriggling down really low until a couple of days ago then suddenly up she popped, I guess she ran out of room down there. Now movement is almost continuous and I’m feeling huge

Star I hope your appointment goes well

Hope your appointment went well. I don't think it's going to rain here for awhile, we're in the middle of a drought as usual, but the fires generally stay much higher up than here, I'm not worried for myself but it is uncomfortable to be out in, you can barely see the hills across the river at this point.
Mine has been staying up high lately so I do feel more movement but it is still muffled with my placenta being in front.

Hi ladies, how are we all?

Happy 22weeks MrsDuck - Im 22 weeks today! Can't believe it... ill be officially 5months on Monday and that scares me a little... Im really not ready! Apart from the occasion little outfit here and there we have NOTHING!!

AFM, my heart palpitations are still here and annoying me! However, i can proper feel my little bug now, last night was the first time i witnessed a kick from the outside so that was nice to see especially because i have an anterior placenta

Happy 22 weeks buttercup and yay for seeing baby kick. How big are you? I feel massive for 22 weeks haha

Thanks Ladies, my appointment went fine. Nothing special to report.
I didn't bring up any of my worry-wart items as most have kinda worked themselves out...
They didn't actually numerically measure me. The doc came in and found the top of my uterus and said I'm exactly 2 fingers above my belly button and on track. So :) All is good.
The nurse with the doppler asked where baby likes to hang out. I said low. She put the wand half way between my panty line and belly button, you could just hear it, so i told her lower would be better. She even had to angle it to get down low enough haha. But .... Baby's heart is around 160's, nice and strong! :D

This morning was rough.
Dog got sick twice ... and I couldn't get back to sleep. When I actually got back to sleep is when he got sick the second time. Since I wasn't feeling well from the first jolt out of bed, I knew it wouldn't end well, so I got Hubby to clean up the mess. And now, I'm groggy and irritable and don't feel the best.
Today needs to end....I'm so over it.

Happy 22 weeks buttercup and yay for seeing baby kick. How big are you? I feel massive for 22 weeks haha

Oh you'll have to show me...

I don't feel that big! Ill take a photo later when I can and ill upload it :)

Have you started to buy anything??xx

Buttercup - I get the heart palpitations as well, and they aren't fun. Always from getting up too fast or walking after resting. Happy 22 weeks!

StarGazer - I'm glad your appointment went well and you got to hear the hb! As for the sleep, I hope you get some rest tonight! Sorry about your dog getting sick, I always save those lovely messes for dh to clean up with our cats :haha:.

Afm - dd must have gotten too much sun yesterday because her core has been hot and she had a low grade fever. I encouraged lots of water, even though they all drink a lot, I think she was a little dehydrated. She still feels a bit hot on her core this morning but she has her usual disposition. And she is drinking lots of water today, so far, so I think she'll be on the mend soon enough. It's so smokey, I don't think I want to let any of the little ones outside today because it just makes the heat worse and it's difficult to breathe. Baby has been moving quite a bit. I had my hand down on my belly last night and felt lots of kicking at my hands.

I'm having a rough day ...
Found out my dear friend got let go from her work ... after she's been struggling to find work too. So she's back looking for another job. Poor thing. Makes my heart heavy that I can't do anything to help her.
My computer database program is being a pain. After attempting 3 times I think it's finally going to work?? FX'd
And my stupid excel file is so large its crashed 4 times in a row cause it kept trying to load stuff i wanted it to close.

I really want sleep right now, but if i close my eyes i'm either gonna start crying or zonk out on the floor.

Congrats to all the others who are 22 weeks. I love that we are all so close together!

Jess, awe I hate that you DD is not feeling well. Yeah that smoke wouldn't help the kids in any way. Are you still under a air advisory?

Sorry about your friend, it's never easy losing a job especially after having a hard time finding one in the first place. We had issues like that after the recession was peaking, and it was super rough :/.

Yes, we have an air quality advisory until it rains which probably won't be for another month or better. Our entire state is in "drought" condition for now, it was like this last year as well, with so much smoke. It's very uncomfortable for everyone, and dh has copd so I'm not even sure how he handles being out in it all day, he did say it wasn't as thick down in the city. I think dd will be okay, she's still a little dehydrated looking but not nearly as warm.

We both went through a layoff together back in '16, and we've kinda bonded since being at that job. We chat nearly every day. I even got a chance to work with her for 2 months for a project... which fell through... and she ended up leaving that place cause she wanted a different position. Then this one where she was hired for marketing, but had no way to review her results as a 3rd party company gets the info, but never passes it on. *eyeroll*
So since we've been through it we kinda just stick to each other.
And it's nice to have someone who feels as crumby as you do during a situation like all that.

"Quality" I couldn't think of that word earlier lol That sucks ... I'm not sure how your OH can deal with that either.
I've never been past IL (and that was only a business trip for 3 days), so I have no clue about any of what is going on. And only really hear about it if it's gone crazy. I don't listen or watch the news -- plus i'm not on FB hardly ever except to clear my notifications. The farthest north I've been is NY traveled through the 1000 islands and got to be in Canada for a whole 10 mins on a boat trip. I'm hoping having this kid will help expand my horizon and I get to go places just so they can experience it too! (Beach trips are gonna be WAY more fun now LOL)

Oh you'll have to show me...

I don't feel that big! Ill take a photo later when I can and ill upload it :)

Have you started to buy anything??xx

Buttercup nope I haven’t bought anything apart from a nice newborn baby grow that my little girl chose, but I have kept practically everything of hers so I don’t really need much

I’m sure I wasn’t much bigger than I am now when I had my little girl haha

Attachments

• 358DB747-4AA8-4DDE-8094-F0D95D001D72.jpeg
    358DB747-4AA8-4DDE-8094-F0D95D001D72.jpeg
    283.6 KB · Views: 5
Star sorry you are having a rough day. Glad dh cleared up the doggy mess and I hope your friend can find something else. Yay for a good appointment and getting to hear baby’s heartbeat

Jessica I hope your dd is ok and it can’t be nice for any of you to be breathing in that smoke, I hope it isn’t another month before you get some rain

StarGazer - I haven't traveled much either, just mainly the west coast and some neighboring states. I much prefer the stay-cation life lol.

MrsDuck - what a cute bump! I know what you mean about feeling huge already, it's crazy! I'm sure dd will be fine, she's still a bit grumpy but actually showed me she bit the inside of her mouth which is what she was so upset about yesterday, so I think that's part of why she feels grumpy. I imagine she'll be back to normal fast!

It is a bit breezy today and that helps, but it's still very smokey. My appetite is so hard to judge lately. I don't have much snacks in my house and today dh will get groceries, but I don't feel like having the same old thing all the time. Luckily a sandwich helped me feel a bit more human, but I can't decide what to make for dinner (oh the horror).

MrsDuck - your bump is so lovely and high! Defo bigger bump then me but then all my boy bumps have been round and small...

Here is mine, excuse my bra lol

Attachments

• 20180817_103807.jpg
    20180817_103807.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
What cute bumps!!!

Thanks all. My day got slightly better when I got home and relaxed. I was hungry but not hungry so I made a cheese burrito and slowly .... made it through. After that I gave up on trying to stay awake. I got ready for bed and curled up on the couch as it was not even 8p yet.

This morning the baby is dancing on my cervix ... Which while you are driving is hard to deal with. I swear it was hitting it's head along the outer wall while it was poking it's tiny little feet in to my nether regions. I didn't necessarily hurt, just hard to concentrate on the road when your body is doing things you don't want it to.
Kid is still VERY active this morning. Not sure why, maybe the extra sleep made them wake up sooner? idk ...

I might take another picture, even though I haven't seen much change...

Jess -- I'm glad the breeze helped some, I'm still hoping you guys get some sort of break from all that smoke.
I like vacations, but I'm always worried about my dog when we're gone. We have either a neighbor or his parents watch him, but it's like a mother's worry ... and I miss him after a few days. My family is originally from MI and hubby's from NY. So i've been to both states a few times. And a few in between only for breaks and such. Farthest south I've gone is Charleston SC by land to meet a Cruise line, and by sea we went to the Bahamas. But my ultimate dream is to go to New Zealand and Australia.

I wish that today was a half day ... I really don't wanna stay here til 5 ... Blah. My whole week has been just a giant anticipation of Saturday LOL it's been forever since I've had a day off there it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->