Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Hi everyone,
Thought id drop in. Got my BFP today and think baby would be due around 17th Dec. I am 37 and have 2 boys ages 3 and 4. Feeling symptoms much sooner than my previous pregnancies. I really dont remember this constant nausea last time round.

Well hello morning sickness! I've felt queasy off and on all day. Here we go... lol

:wave: sezzolou.

I'm sorry some of you ladies are struggling with nasty symptoms. Hopefully they pass soon.

I don't have any nausea or m/s but my insomnia is out of control. I woke up at 3 to use the restroom and didn't fall back asleep until nearly 6 :( I'm so exhausted this morning because of it.

Welcome to all the people just joining! :)

Still no symptoms here. If it wasn't for the test I would have no idea I am expecting. I just realized that us ladies will have nice bumps for Halloween! I've always wanted to do a creative costume when I am pregnant but I was never showing. :)

I painted my belly as a pumpkin years back when I was expecting my 2nd child :lol:

Yes, I was pregnant once before on Halloween but wasn't showing enough for it to be fun. It'll be interesting to see what we all do, though!
I'm having the my usual symptoms like very intense dreams, nausea, hunger...
my sense of smell is stronger, too.
Anyone here use a doppler at home? I tried to use mine, which I wasn't even surprised I couldn't find a heartbeat, since the little one is still so far down in my pelvis. I think I was around 10 weeks when I found my third with it, maybe a little later.

I used a Doppler with my son think I was around 11 weeks when I picked it up.
I need to order another as I got rid of mine when we decided no more babies 🙈

That reminds me, I need to get my doppler back from my SIL. I didn't even receive mine until I was in my 2nd trimester so I'm not sure how early you can use them.

I took a loooong nap this morning. I closed my eyes around 8:10 and woke up at 10:45.

Hi Ladies, cautiously introducing myself. 4 weeks pregnant with an EDD of Christmas day.

Paranoid about things going wrong!

I am planning to tell my fellow Charge Nurses at work and my Manager this week as I work in a high risk environment (forensic mental health) so I will have to adapt what I do!! xxx

I used my doppler with DD. I found her for the first time at 8 weeks 5 days :) can't wait to use it again with this LO

Hi ladies! It’s been a while since I’ve been on these forums, but we are expecting #2! Based on LMP, I am due 12/15 but if we go by the date I expected I may have ovulated my due date is 12/20. We were waiting to try until June, but we were also a bit carefree this past cycle and boom! So crazy since it took so long and 1 miscarriage to get our first, who is 19 months now. Of all the months I thought having a December baby would be toughest because of having a birthday so close to Christmas, but maybe it won’t be so bad. My sister’s birthday is Dec. 30 though and I always feel bad because everyone usually lumps her birthday in with Christmas. But oh well - minor details.

I don’t have an appointment scheduled yet but I had a blood draw today for progesterone levels since I used the suppositories last time to keep my levels up. I expect my doctor will schedule my appointment once she sees those results. I am having nice progression on my cheapie tests so I’m sitting pretty comfortable for now.

I’ve had some mild nausea since Thursday, and today my throat is super dry and I’m so thirsty but it seems to be developing into a cold, ugh. I’ve also had some round ligament pain, twinges and fullness in the uterus, some vivid dreams and friskiness, some loose stools too.

:wave: ksquared!

I'm excited at the prospect of having a December baby, but unfortunately I believe I will have a Thanksgiving baby instead. I'm due on the 2nd but I have never made it to my due date before. I had my first directly on 38 weeks (although his was an induction so that doesn't count). My second came naturally right on 39 weeks and same for my third, but at 37+6. Maybe my fourth is the charm and s/he will make me go the full 40? <3

My bday is New Year's Eve and I never felt like it was overlooked or thrown in with the holidays, thankfully. Maybe that was intentional by my mom, though, as she always worried I'd feel overlooked. The only thing that concerns me is how much more expensive December will be for my family now. :haha:

Thanks, bdb84! My DH is a Thanksgiving baby - born Nov. 25 so his birthday is sometimes on Thanksgiving Day. He likes it because he gets a huge feast! Plus it usually falls during the long weekend. Hopefully you get your wish for a December baby this time though!

My DD came 5 days late, so I’m not sure the likelihood this one will come early but I’m hoping s/he will come a little earlier in December. Just a bit of separation from Christmas would be nice! But if my due date really is 12/20 and we go 5 days late again, it’ll be Christmas Day. Eager for a dating scan but alas I think I’m at least a couple of weeks away.

I will more than likely be delivered via scheduled c-section at 36 weeks due to a T cut on my uterus when DD was born (she was a micro preemie due to preeclampsia, we are hoping and praying so hard for no pre-e this time), so it will be mid november here.

My luck I'll go into labor ON Thanksgiving and have to miss dinner. I'll be so mad :lol:

Markswife- I can only imagine how stressful a micro-preemie was. Prayers this babe smoothly makes it to your c-section date! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->