Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Hi everyone! The ads on here are making my phone glitch lol.
I found out yesterday (at 7/8 dpo O.O ) that I'm pregnant with my 4th and last baby. EDD based on ovulation is NYE.
Do we happen to have a secret facebook group yet by chance? I'm much more active on there!

Welcome, SteffyRae, I don't think we have a Facebook group (yet), but I really hope we do because I'm also much more active on there haha. You're among quite a few of us expecting our fourth babies! So much excitement!

Yes I've been reading through the thread and its nice to see others with 4th babies this go around! If no one makes a group im happy to do it, Id just like to make sure it remains secret at least for now since I'm not planning to announce for a long time.

I've been reading a bit, I'm supposed to be Gandalf for halloween so I guess I'll be pregnant Gandalf lmao. I have no symptoms except some light cramping (which of course worries me) and vivid dreams. To be fair I'm like 3w 3d pregnant so its not much of a hormonal change yet. Normally i just feel queezy and my boobs hurt, Im still nursing my youngest so I hope I'm the 30% that doesn't have a milk drop and that they just don;t hurt! Although I wonder about my levels because I got a light positive frer at 7/8 dpo and a positive digi 8/9 dpo.

I've been reading a bit, I'm supposed to be Gandalf for halloween so I guess I'll be pregnant Gandalf lmao. I have no symptoms except some light cramping (which of course worries me) and vivid dreams. To be fair I'm like 3w 3d pregnant so its not much of a hormonal change yet. Normally i just feel queezy and my boobs hurt, Im still nursing my youngest so I hope I'm the 30% that doesn't have a milk drop and that they just don;t hurt! Although I wonder about my levels because I got a light positive frer at 7/8 dpo and a positive digi 8/9 dpo.

Well, I tandem nursed while pregnant with my third and I noticed my milk dropped a lot around second trimester. I got nursing aversion really bad and it never really went away, even if it did lessen a bit after my daughter was born. I plan to triandem nurse but it's hard to say if my son will self wean or not. For the first time, he didn't nurse yesterday, but today he's asking for it, so we'll see how it goes. I hope your supply doesn't drop, but I've only met a few lucky ladies in tandem groups on FB that have had such luck!
The vivid dreams are a big one for me, they're usually very interesting dreams too, and one of my favorite parts of pregnancy haha.
I didn't get a positive until 14 dpo (if my calculation is right, I may have ovulated a little later though). I tested a week after having our "woops" and it didn't show positive for so long.
As for nausea, ugh, some days it's really bad and others it's so mild I forget all about being preg (other than my clothes being tight). Last night I did not sleep well at all so I am so exhausted and nauseated today.

Welcome SteffyRae :hi:

Just updating on how I told DH about our surprise twins. It wasn’t anything creative as the shock didnt let me think straight. I just said to him if he wanted to talk about my doctors appointment and he was like ok. I quickly went through what was said at the appointment and then got to the ultrasound part. I said to him ‘so we did the ultrasound and this is what we saw’ I handed him the picture, he looked at it and then at me. He asks ‘what is this?’ I said ‘what do you think it is?’ He takes a moment and then says ‘is it twins?’ To which I reply ‘yes it is’ he didn’t believe me lol. Until I swore to him that we are indeed having twins he got extremely happy and excited (literally jumping up and down). Once he calmed down he was like ‘Babe, we’re going to need a bigger car!’ Lol.

Sushai that’s nuts, and you have 3 singletons too. How exciting and nervewracking that must be.

Jessica, our youngest are like 2 weeks apart. I want to tandem nurse too but who knows what will happen. I hope you get more rest tonight!

Okay I made a Facebook group. If you’d like to join post your email associated with Facebook here or message it to me. Because it’s secret I have to add via email or we have to be Facebook friends.

Thanks! I messaged you.
I also reinjured my knee turning wrong last night and god knows it took over a month of being soft with exercising to let it heal and now it's hurting again to where I'm limping like a pirate. That was part of the issue last night, that and the upset stomach. Today I am taking it a bit easy and it's hard because I want to clean and do house work.

Sushai - that’s so sweet!! I’m glad he was so excited!

Steffyrae - Thanks! I messaged you too.

Jessica - ouch! So sorry about your knee. What a pain (literally!). I didn’t know about the supply drop in the 2nd tri. My supply is so low now with DD only nursing twice a day, so I wonder if she’ll wean after that. I have mixed feelings. I’m a little nervous about the idea of nursing 2 at once, but also don’t want her to stop if she’s not ready!

Honestly tandem nursing isn't bad, and it's a great way to let the little ones bond, but it can be super stressful. I've seen a few moms that really didn't care for it, but most of them didn't regret their decision. I didn't know much about it going into pregnancy with my third! I also only nurse two times a day, as I'm trying to cut out that morning feed for the two of my kids.
I'll be okay, I decided to use my immersion blender to blend up a couple of bananas, some peanut butter, a little almond milk and some oats, for a quick smoothie with some vitamins in it.

How exciting, twins!

I tandem nursed mine. Around the second trimester I had horrible nipple pain (it felt like needles stabbing my nipples) and bad nursing aversion, but, luckily, my supply never suffered, although apparently the milk started tasting better, lol. The pain got better after the birth.

I'm sorry to everyone who feels sick. :( Still no symptoms here, but I never really had any with my other pregnancies either. I wish I did because I honestly don't feel pregnant.

Thanksgiving will be difficult! Both mine were about a week late, but the first was an emcs and the second I tried for a vbac, but ended up with a C-section and he spent a little time in the NICU, so I'm not sure what will happen with this one.

I'm from San Marcos TX, in between Austin and San Antonio but my family is close to Dallas and DH's is close to Houston. I have a feeling I'm not driving too much for the Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays this year. Hopefully both our families understand!

Full blown nausea has hit! Yesterday I had trouble stomaching most foods, was very nauseous and dry heaving all day. Today I’ve been sicky and threw up this morning after dry heaving all morning. Keep growing little bean! All of this really calms my nerves though because out of all of my pregnancies I’ve only ever experienced morning sickness with one, my DD. I never had it with any of my miscarriages.

Hi ladies; i see a lot of you having scans around 8weeks, do you book these privately or is this something they do in your country?

In the UK its 12 weeks but don't think i can wait that long. Might look into a private early scan x

Sushai- I'm so glad your DH is excited. His reaction is super sweet!

Brie- :wave: from another Texan. I also have asymptomatic pregnancies. I'm always thankful for easy pregnancies but not until AFTER I have confirmed a healthy baby in there. The first trimester is so nerve wracking when you do not feel pregnant at all.

Buttercup- I think scans are dependent upon your medical provider down here in the states. With my first and second pregnancies, I did not have one until 12 weeks. With my 3rd, I had one at 6 weeks because of a previous miscarriage. This time around my doctor wants me in at 8 weeks for a dating scan. So it's been different for me nearly every go 'round.

Hi, what’s the Facebook group called? Can I add myself that way I can’t remember which email I’m registered with for Facebook

Aah OK, well that's really good that they are doing that :)

I'll just wait until my 12weeks, I am so impatient though - only 4 weeks realistically and Im going mad already haha!
Can't wait to find out the gender too this time so we can start planning!
Didn't find out last time and it was h3ll! I dont really like plain white stuff lol
Kind of hoping for a little pink bow this time as we have 2 boys and i know how much my eldest wants a sister (even asked one for his bday - he doesnt quite understand how it works lol) xx

Fx you get your girl, buttercup! I'm leaning towards wanting another little :blue: since my only boy is 12 years old now. I had two girls in a row following him. I do have a sweet step-son that is the same age as my youngest DD, but I truly would love to raise another baby boy. Of course DH is longing for a little girl. He loves my two girls enough as it is, but I think he's secretly wanting his own little princess to call him Dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->