Christmas Eve meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleM

Reaction score
What do you all do? I know in some cultures people have their main Christmas dinner Christmas Eve, but I presume most of us in the uk have ours traditionally on Christmas Day.

So what do you usually do? Just a normal tea, buffet tea takeaway?

We personally have a takeaway, always the chippy, have done since my childhood.

we have had takeaway the past couple of christmas eve's...before that we just had normal dinners like on any other day but takeaway is just easier because christmas eve is so busy now we have callum

We are normally an Indian takeaway but...
My mum is working Xmas day this year so they are thinking of doing Xmas dinner on Xmas eve then just presents on Xmas day when mum gets in from work. DH is all for this idea as means we get two Xmas dinners because we will go to his grans Xmas day for dinner :)

I was working last year, this year if I'm off OH and I will have takeaway. Hopefully persuade oh for Chines:thumbup: DS will be going to bed just as oh gets in from work, if I'm off il make DS his favourite mac and cheese with peas and maybe some ice cream for pudding instead of fruit:thumbup:

We have a meal with OH's side of the family, usually all get together at his Nan's house and exchange gifts and eat.

Buffet. We buy party food, i make a ham/beef and we open up all the Christmas food we've bought and generally gorge ourselves lol.

We usually just had a normal dinner growing up. I think we'll have a Chinese this year or chippy

We don't have a set tradition for christmas eve meals, whatever is easiest really! Last year I made us chicken jambalaya. Can't remember what we had the year before!

I'm in the US. We traditionally did Christmas with grandparents on mom's side on Christmas Eve, Dad's side on Christmas day. Now I'm married, we do (great)grandparents on mom's side Christmas Eve, Husband's mom's family Christmas Eve, (great)grandparents on dad's side Christmas Day, husband's dad's family Christmas Day....

Growing up we would have Christmas eve with my mom's family and Christmas day with my Dad's. Essentially we'd get two Christmas dinners.

Now that we're grown and I've moved away there's nothing special. It's different every year. Sometimes we'll order take out other years we'll just do deli sandwiches or a bunch of different appetizer-like things. It depends on if I feel like cooking and how much we have going on already that night.

We always have gammon and chips and pickled onion and gherkins :)

usually just do some picky bits, mini pizzas etc.
i don't like to fill up too much as i like to save space for sweets with our xmas eve box!

we do a ham so we have 2 lots of cold meat on boxing day :) last year we had it with baked potatoes and beans, will be similar this year i think.

Growing up in the UK we'd always have a takeaway, or if we were out visiting we'd probably stop in McDonalds or something! Now in Canada, I try to do something similar but Chinese takeaways just aren't the same here. I miss a good British Chinese takeaway!

I usually get a take away with friends and the LO's on Christmas eve :) I actually really like Christmas eve, think it's my favourite day around that time!

growing up my mum started doing ours christmas eve because someone would always call during dinner time christmas day! and she said she didnt want to slave away cooking christmas day.
now though, we have party food christmas eve, which serves as both lunch and dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"