Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eve. Its so exciting with the anticipation plus scrummy food!! I still believe in Santa!! :)

Christmas Eve here too I think. And obviously Christmas morning. But Christmas Eve is all about the magic and anticipation, rushing, chaos, and fun. Oh I can't wait!

I usually run around like a headless chicken on Christmas Eve, so I've promised myself I will be organised this year and spent Christmas Eve doing fun things like making cookies, crafts, movies etc. All the cleaning will be done on 23rd, with just a quick tidy up the next day.

DH does the dinner prep, but he enjoys doing that with a glass (or maybe bottle!) of wine.

I can't pick one, lol! We are doing our Christmas with the boys on Christmas Eve, so I'm really looking forward to spending the day with just us as a family enjoying their gifts. Then Christmas day is spent with both sides of our family, so we love getting to see everyone too. We spend the morning/lunch with Dh family doing gifts and meal, and then afternoon/early evening with my family doing gifts and meal. I really can't choose which day is better, as they both are special for different reasons.

Another Christmas Eve! I love the anticipation, the look of the Christmas tree with all the presents underneath and sitting back with DH with some wine and watching "It's a Wonderful Life" as is our tradition. :D

Christmas Day. The morning with lo getting her Santa gifts and then going to my parents for the rest of the day to open gifts with them and my sister's family and then eat and sit around and relax.

I don't do anything on Christmas Eve (except put out Santa once lo goes to bed) so I spend the whole day just waiting ..

Christmas eve. The anticipation and tracking santa!

I love xmas eve - this year were planning to take DS to the garden centre to see the reindeer then pop into our local pub for dinner before we all have a soak in the bath and our xmas pjs and snuggle up to watch polar express together! Cant wait

I'm working Christmas Eve but really I'm looking forward to the excitement of Santa coming and looking forward to seeing his face on Christmas morning. Then we have family day planned with DHs family - tbh not really looking forward to that - then roll on Boxing Day.

Can I pick 24 hrs. Cause I'd say from 2pm Christmas Eve till 2pm Christmas Day. That's where all the best bits are. Lol

Christmas eve! The anticipation and excitement, can't be beaten. Christmas morning is obviously magical, but I love the build up.

Christmas day for me, you cant beat the look of the childrens faces when they come downstairs and see that santa has been and Christmas eve is normally manic here! Ohhh i cant wait:xmas6:

Christmas Day as I just love Colin's excitement at his gifts and then spending the rest of the day playing with his toys and spending time with family.

That's a tough one. We spend Christmas eve with my in laws and Christmas Day with my family and exchange gifts...but the in laws usually have the good alcohol...

Christmas Day, I think, but I love it all!

xmas day :) oh work until dinner time xmas eve! ughhh.

Ahhhhh!! I love them both, but probably Christmas day. My husband works Christmas eve so although I love the evening, watching Its a wonderful life and doing the finishing touches, I just love being all together on the day itself. Jacob's face in the morning when he sees Father Christmas has come is so precious. We then spend the day with my family which is lovely. So although I love the anticipation of Christmas eve, guess it has to be Christmas day :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"