Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be completely alternative and say I prefer Boxing Day??? And it's not as grumpy as it sounds. I like the relaxed atmosphere of Boxing Day, the lounging around in your pjs, the leftover food, seeing the children actually play and look at all of the toys they just ripped the paper off the day before. Christmas Eve is nothing special for us because the OH will be at work and on Christmas day the MIL likes us round hers by about 12 so the morning always feels a bit of a rush.

I'll say christmas day from 12 am as I'll be at midnight mass singing.
It's my favourite performance of the year.
Home then have a hot whiskey while laying out the gifts.
I can't wait to see los face christmas morning.
I love going to my parents for dinner, being with family.

Christmas eve, it's all exciting and magical. I like having a quick dash around the shops and market when it's feeling all festive, then putting out the mince pie and carrot while watching the snowman! ⛄🎅⛄

Day! I work on Christmas eve so im there til 2 then go home to tidy up etc so its a rushed tiring day really. Plus I literally will be scraping my kids off the ceiling LOL

Christmas eve! I love all the excitement and preparation, putting the presents out, snuggling up and looking forward to the next day x

Christmas eve - we have a delicious cooked breakfast (we hardly ever make one so it's a real treat) and then we bake (we're having a cake bake off this year, mine is totally going to win :lol:) and then we get a take away and chill out.

I can't wait until we have little ones to put gifts out for :)

Hands down Christmas Eve. It's my favourite day of the year. Everyone is so happy and excited. You can feel magic in the air. I do miss going out on Christmas Eve though (like we did when we were younger). Everyone would be at the local pub for Christmas and it was lovely to see old friends. Eve is so flipping exciting!!

Bungle - as kids we used to have a reversed Boxing Day. My mum used to do the traditional dinner, family presents were saved to be opened in peace and we just chilled out at home. Christmas Day was always too rushed.

Christmas Eve is just magical. It has always been my favourite day of the year, it is the anticipation with everything still to come. Walking back from church in the cold, past houses with Christmas lights in the windows. The roads are so still. It is perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"