Christmas Shopping and Birthday shopping

Radiance

Reaction score
I thought we could share tips that we do when shopping for holidays and birthdays.

Also, how many presents do you usually buy for birthdays and Christmas? (separately)

:thumbup:

1 usually, for birthdays. 5-6 for Christmas, but it breaks down to 1 big one from Santa, a smaller one from Santa, 1 from mom and dad (bigger, but not as big as Santas) and then a couple smaller, plus a stocking

1 usually, for birthdays. 5-6 for Christmas, but it breaks down to 1 big one from Santa, a smaller one from Santa, 1 from mom and dad (bigger, but not as big as Santas) and then a couple smaller, plus a stocking

I do something similar, we usually buy one big one for our toddlers to share and then a few (2/3) big presents for each of them and some small toys for each of them. I went overboard last year and got 20+ things (for each) and then other family members got presents too.

I was thinking of buying two presents each month after Christmas for both of them. Then during big sales buying a few small for them. That way we would save a ton of money instead of doing one big shopping trip right before. Hubby thinks they only need 5-7, we're trying that this year :thumbup:

Micah just had his birthday yesterday and we got him 2 books, a wooden zigzag car ramp thingy, an Ikea chair which I covered in a jungle animal fabric for him, and a helium balloon in a box lol. It looked like quite a few presents all wrapped up this morning but didn't cost too much! We have a couple of bits for Christmas already but won't go overboard as he gets a lot of gifts from other people.

I don't buy a set number of presents but I have a set amount of money. For one she could get 1 big present expensive ones and 2-3 smaller ones or she could have 15 small ones.

Don't have a set number of presents. Usually though it's only 2 or 3 for Birthdays and 10 or more for Christmas.

We do one, and a book for birthday and then one big present and a stocking at Christmas.

She does get loads from other people though. We had a little party for her first birthday and got like 10 presents from other "babies".

The grandparents spoil her rotten too.

X

One bday present that he picks out, and maybe 3-4 presents for xmas, one clothes, usually a plush and a hard toy. Been iron man toys for yrs now!

I do 2-3 birthday presents and I always go crazy at Christmas I've set an amount of £150 for Xmas presents for my dd so far she has 5 and I have around £100 left and I were putting £50 to one side incase our little boy is born before Xmas so we can get him a few things :)

I don't have a normally yet as we've only had one birthday and one christmas, I try not to go overboard though
He got a jumperoo and about 4 other toys at Christmas as he was still so young, for his birthday he got mega bloks, an electronic book, an igglepiggle bedtime toy and a play tent
I don't know what to get him this christmas but it will probably be 4 or 5 things, one expensive, the rest less so

Usually 1 main and 2-3 smaller ones for both birthday and Christmas, each. Budget is £100 for birthday and £50 for Christmas each. For example, Earl is getting a drum kit for his birthday, plus a redwings jersey and a puzzle. For Christmas he is getting some roller skates, and some toy cars.

The joint present comes from Santa - this year they're getting a big garage.

I don't buy a set amount. I buy until I'm happy they've got everything that they need or want :) although definitely 11+

It depends on what we are buying so we don't have a set amount. For DS's birthday this year he had about 12 presents but they still only added up to the £50 that we set aside. For Christmas though he is probably having a new bike so he'll just have that plus a pressie from his sister (plus family presents) and a couple of very cheap presents from Santa.

More often than not they will have 1 biggish present and two or 3 smaller ones. They have the same budget for birthdays and Christmas.

I buy loads, for both

I don't spend a set amount but I even out the presents in terms of amounts rather than money.

Leah's Christmas will cost 3 times the amount I will spend on Lana, but that doesn't mean Lana is going without, but baby Annabel is much cheaper than an iPod, a dolls pram is cheaper than a pair of beats. Elefun is cheaper than a superdry coat etc etc

I tend to have a buget rather than amount of gifts. We spend more on Christmas than birthdays and usually off me and OH he will end up with 2-3 for his birthday and 10+ for christmas, but his christmas will be like 1 big a couple of medium then a few smaller.

Birthdays, usually 5-6 gifts. Christmas, no set amount of gifts, just whatever I see that I think they'll like. I tend to go overboard. Christmas is pretty huge for both of our families though, and its EVERYONE going overboard. Kind of rediculous, but its how we've always done it so its hard to scale back when you're used to such a big thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->