Christmas :)

C

Ceejay123

Son this year will be the first year we spend Christmas as a family! Usually be go to our own families to watch the young ones open their gifts. We were talking about it the other day when OH casually mentioned inviting MIL Round for christmas dinner! He didn't understand why it annoyed me so much.
1. It's meant to be OUR family christmas.. Not our Christmas with his family!
2. I have family that would love to see LO on christmas day. Not really fair.

Would you guys be annoyed? Or am I over reacting. It's the way he casually threw in 'I might invite my mum , sisters and nephew over' ! I'd be the one cooking by the way!! X

It would annoy me too..as its your 1st christmas with your LO which is a special time :)

I would just sarcasticly say "oh well if your inviting your family i will invite all my family also, so they can see LO too..as inviting just yours wouldnt be fair on mine" :haha: He might then change his mind.

And if he doesnt change his mind..just keep bugging him that you want it as just You,Him & LO for his 1st christmas and people can always come see him on Boxing Day ?

Hope it works out for you :hugs:

I've said that! Problem is, boxing day - his family have a buffet thing, as do mine. So we split on that day anyway! It means I'd be cooking for 10 people for christmas, my first christmas with my LO :( I explained I just want it for us three, but he sort of brushed it off. I'm just worried he's going to invite her anyway, then ask me after! If he does, he'll be cooking and i'll be going to my parents! Lol. x

Try explaining to the big lug that with LO you are not up for visiting OR cooking for a million ppl... We always seemed to get saddled with family comittments at christmas until 2 years ago. Best 2 christmases EVER :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->