Chromosomal Testing After D&C

I had a MC on 5/4 at 8 weeks and again on 7/21 at 11 weeks. I had a DC & E procedure done but was never told anything about testing on the fetus. Is this something that is always done or do I have to ask for it to be done? As Downs's runs in my family and I have endocrine issues, shouldn't they test? I just want to know what was wrong with my babies and if there is anything I can do differently to ensure the safety of the next baby. I give all of you ladies mad props for being so brave! I'm so scared to try again as I don't want to go through this again.

Jolene- so sorry for your losses hun. They are always hard, but I bet two that close together has been even more tough. :hugs:

They don't usually do chromosomal testing until after your third loss (so cruel in my opinion!) unless you request it. I had it after my second because my first was a little complicated requiring two d&c's. I think he just felt bad for me and agreed to test the second. Usually they just do a test that says yes, there were products of conception in the uterus, but it doesn't do any testing on the actual tissue. Had I been able to see into the future and had known better I may have requested testing after the first, but knew so little about miscarriages at that point. I will always wonder about that pregnancy.

I hope yo get some answers. Again, so sorry you are going through this again.

I just wonder if the odds of this increase just like Down's, in the way of age? I'm 32. Is this my body's way of telling me I'm more likely to have a Down's or Edward's child as I get older? [/URL]

Ki Kat, sorry for your loss as well. Like the quote that you posted, the chances increase, but my doctor has told me that it doesn't increase dramatically until over the age of 35. However, after two losses this isn't too comforting to me.

Your weed out of the aluminum can bit made me laugh (not in a mean way just was funny to read!), but I really don't think that was the culprit. There are so many hard core drug users out there that are totally destroying their bodies and still seem to have healthy kids. I don't think a little pot 10-15 years ago is coming back to haunt you. Hell, my parents were kids of the 70's and conceived me right in their prime pot head days and I've managed to turn out ok! Good luck, hun.

Just the other night I went to the store down the street. There was this 8 or 9 month pregnant woman behind the counter chewing gum. Only, she didn't have gum in her mouth. She also couldn't run my card and punch in my total and swat the invisible bugs she thought were landing on her face all at once. Sad.

I just got my results today. Trisomy 15.

It's a relief to know that it wasn't anything I did, but at the same time, I don't know, it doesn't really make it any easier.

It's a relief to know that it wasn't anything I did, but at the same time, I don't know, it doesn't really make it any easier.

Oh honey I am so sorry, I am sure that was hard to hear. I have to admit that for me I would feel relieved. There is nothing yu could have done to prevent that. :hugs:

Oh honey I am so sorry, I am sure that was hard to hear. I have to admit that for me I would feel relieved. There is nothing yu could have done to prevent that. :hugs:

Thanks. It is somewhat of a relief, because it means a future pregnancy should be okay. But at the same time it's just like why did that have to happen to me?! I know that sounds selfish, but it's frustrating.

On top of that, I come into work after to find out a co-workers daughter is pregnant (unplanned) and she's trying to decide if she should "take care of it." Obviously, it's none of my business what she does, but it's just so frustrating to see people who are not trying and not in the position to care for a child get pregnant while I do everything I can to no avail.

Oh well, I need to keep looking forward and hope for the best, not just for me but for all of us :winkwink:

Ceejie, I SO hear ya. I hate seeing women who don't want to be pregnant get pregnant while we are all so desperate to get pregnant and nothing happens. Big hugs to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->