Classic Girl’s line thread....could use some positivity! :/

That's a lovely line! My first thought is could you have ovulated earlier? If not, then it is possible to have a positive this early. It's unusual, but it isn't impossible. It could be you're making more hCG than usual, could be multiples, could be your egg took the super fast route to your uterus. But whatever the reasons, it's there! I would use another test to back it up for your peace of mind.
I had a clear positive at what I thought was 5dpo, the advanced setting on Fertility Friend put me at 5dpo, but when I changed it to research detector it changed it to 7dpo which seemed possible, and more realistic. I hope this is it for you :)

A I would have to take a frer! That is a beautiful line, so early, on an IC. I have everything crossed for you

Actually I don't KNOW I'm 5dpo bc I don't temp. This month I've used the clearblue fertility monitor which told me low/peak for 2 days then low again. The problem is I set the monitor with the times backwards so am was pm and you can switch it back until your next cycle. You also can't give it a stick when it's not asking for one so I was taking the tests after 5:00pm each day bc I didn't want to have to wait another month.
I don't have any FRERs right now but may grab one when I go out

I can't wait to see the frer! Those lines look great!

I can't get my head around those Clearblue OPKs. Anyone who can must be a genius. I hope you're able to poas soon! And I hope it's the darkest positive in the universe <3

Meh....I refuse to buy a FRER until I see another line like that. I took that around 5 yesterday, let it sit for a bit, snuck down to the garage to really look at it like always and sat it down, to put the clothes in the wash and forgot it. I remembered it last night about 5 minutes before I posted the pic. Would exposure (not while wet so much) to cold temps in my garage cause that?? It's darker than I've gotten on these ICs but I've NEVER gotten an EVAP/indent etc on this brand. Every other IC is bfn-ish

Attachments

• IMG_5640.jpg
    IMG_5640.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 111
Also should add that next cycle I'm going back on clomid, using ultrasound and trigger shot then progesterone. Currently on progesterone for last 2 days rather the waiting for lines

Extreme heat can cause false positives apparently, but not the cold as far as I'm aware

And why did i get some weird line drive-by?

Happycupcake: looks like cold CAN affect them but like, if you Store them in the fridge they can crack. Doesn't fit.

My amazing 18 year old son is an Aspie! Wouldn't change it for the world

And why did i get some weird line drive-by?

Happycupcake: looks like cold CAN affect them but like, if you Store them in the fridge they can crack. Doesn't fit.

My amazing 18 year old son is an Aspie! Wouldn't change it for the world

I frequently test this early too. Just an itch I have to scratch I guess.

Yes, extreme cold can bugger them up but I haven't heard of a false positive from that, only heat. Like if you put a dryer on it. Our bathroom is pretty cold, I now store my tests in our bedroom in my drawer just in case, but I haven't had false positives from them getting cold as I have had positives on tests I used right from the shops.
I think if you blow dried your test it may have given you a line like that, but I don't think the cold would have.

Ah, I have a 16 year old son who is also an aspie! All three of my biological children are on the spectrum. All my fault of course lol but like you, wouldn't change a thing. I didn't go to school, for pretty much all of secondary anyway, and I'm sure it's my obsessiveness and that need to know everything about an interest that gave me some form of intelligence.
Eldest gets obsessed with things too. He is an expert in trains for instance: by the age of four or five he could tell me the names of every steam train he saw, their routes, the numbers on them, their colour, literally every little detail.
That reads wrong, I mean every train he had seen. He didn't need to see them, I could ask him details about, say, the Orient Express and he'd be able to tell me everything about it

Ha! My son was like that about The Haunted Mansion Ride at DW, tornadoes, states and capitols...there's more but he's gone thru phases. There were very hard times growing up bc he was a genius but had immature or lack of social skills. My 10 year old has Mood Disorder, ADHD and anxiety so Ive fought for both kids to get what they need and luckily I'm a school counselor and had connections! There are very few resources for our ASD kids where I live, and I had to make the truly difficult choice to have my son move up to Pennsylvania with his father and stepmom. Once he was there, the state paid $43,000 a year for him to attend the pathway school for children on the spectrum and while it's private, it's not residential. He went for three years and graduated the program as an ambassador and is now a senior in mainstream high school on the honor roll and in audition choir singing bass... you'd never really know he is on the spectrum at this point but rather you would think he was just very detail oriented and needed to know lots of information! Lol lots! I'm super proud of him! Here's a video he did for school last year that I love sharing

https://youtu.be/wpe-7nyt7u4

No tests today....think I'll wait a couple days

ETA: I think cold can affect the tests of stored that way. Don't think so if it's peed on, dried and sits in the garage for 3 hours. Maybe I'll do another experiment and see if the same thing happens

Aw bless him, that video is fab! What a lovely young man you have there <3
You must be so proud of him. And it also must have been hard him moving away, you're amazing doing that for him. There's a lack of anything regarding autism here over the age of five. It's crazy. It's like 'hey you're five, you can make it on your own now' ... :wacko:
I know what you mean re social skills, my eldest struggles with this side of things. If people don't share his interests he struggles, but he's learning. I'm the same, but I literally don't have friends I see in real life anymore, whereas he does, so I'm pleased he's been able to form some good friendships. I can only really connect with real life people who have the same inappropriateness I do, otherwise I just offend everyone lol can't lie, depending on who it is, it's sometimes amusing ...
I hope you don't mind, I showed eldest the video :)

I don't mind at all! He's got other funny ones on his channel too! I knew my boy had ASD at 18 months. I finally got the Dx at age 9. Like you've experienced with 5, 9 seems the magic age here! So frustrating!

I shall have to take a look :)
Yeah it is frustrating, I don't know why they just abandon children and families who may really want and need some support!
Eldest wasn't diagnosed until he was almost 14. I knew from about five years old but no one would listen to me and I was just told "he's just being a boy, he will grow out of it" ... wtf?!? Amazing as it's easier diagnosed in boys, so no surprise then I was only diagnosed two and a half ish years ago. Thankfully they were quick to see our youngest two once we raised our concerns. We left it a while because we wanted to give them a chance to hit these milestones, just in case they were simply a little slower to reach these than other children the same ages. But it became clear to us there was a high chance of autism and they were seen and diagnosed quickly. It was just so clear. It's hard when they're really little to know for sure and I didn't want to jump the gun and have an incorrect diagnosis slapped on them, but there's a point where you just know. They've had some fabulous help with speech & language and also play therapy, but now our son has hit five, they won't see him anymore. They have said when they see our daughter he's more than welcome to join in, which will be helpful of course, but officially they can't continue help with him. The only thing left regarding help now is if we put him in school, which we don't feel is right for him at the moment. So basically because at the moment we are opting to homeschool him, they won't help. But if he was in school, they would. It's rubbish because we don't feel now is the right time for him to go to school

Omg! Classic! In glad to see you back! &#10084;&#10084;&#10084;&#10084; I've got everything crossed for you! :flower:

Hi flip! Good to see you!

Happy: ASD kids fall through the cracks and it's infuriating. Yes their ability is high AS IS their achievement but only with accommodations AND RELATIONSHIP in place! While I do not have my autism certification (I do have a BS in psych and MS in counseling and human development) I'm the one they call on at school to do observations, create behavior plans and I'm ALWAYS the "safe person" for my ASD students (that are high functioning) because I have ASD radar and have learned from my son that developing relationships (with EVERY kid really) fosters trust as well as teaches you how the child ticks (we all know it's a biiigggg spectrum) and what works for them. Offer 2 approaches to a desire outcome allowing the child to feel they have some control/choice, don't force eye contact, reduce items to reflect mastery of skills rather than give them 5 pages at a time, notice anxiety and frustration and call my office stat to give a movement or sensory break! Frustrates me beyond belief fighting with teachers to excuse "Johnny" from cutting and pasting his slides into a notebook! If it's going to avoid a huge meltdown then ILL COME CUT HIS SHIT OUT! Sheesh sorry but I am advocate for these kids and you want to fight over cutting and pasting in 4th grade? He doesn't like glue on his fingers, fine motor issues making cutting piss him off and his main reason: it's a waste of paper to take a handout and cut it in fours and glue it in another notebook. Makes sense to me!

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox but I'm HAPPY to help you and your kiddos if you ever need it. I've been through more IEP, 504, child study, SAP, and RTI meetings between my own kids and my student and have LOADS of Tier 1 supports (accommodations or interventions available to EVERY CHILD) if/when you do consider schooling outside the home!

God how I wish there were clones of you everywhere. The people that visit ours are lovely, they have been amazing and are so good to keep on with our son anyway in a non official capacity, but I hate that there isn't any support for children with ASD out of school. If that is right for them, then why don't they deserve the same support?!?
The support in schools here seems to be inadequate as far as I have seen. I pushed eldest's school for support, to listen to me, but they kept saying they'd make an appointment and it didn't happen so eventually, when school became too much for him, I took him out. It was the only thing I could do, it was a choice of forcing him to stay in a place where it was making him so anxious he was making himself ill, or remove him from the situation and do our best at home, so that's what we did. He started at a placement a short time ago which are super understanding of him and the support he needs, and have offered him a course in catering which to my surprise, he really wants to do. Surprised because he didn't show any interest in cooking before. But this is wonderful for him, it's just such a shame school couldn't have been more proactive.
Youngest son is extremely close to us, he's particularly clingy with me and hates it if I leave the room so at the moment, I can't see him being ok. Perhaps a little later on, things always change and I suspect he will become less clingy to me at some point, especially as he's started to show some interest in playing with other children. So it may be that this overrides him wanting to be glued to me, and if so, we shall give school a try. If it isn't right for him then we can always come back to this.
With our daughter, she just doesn't show any interest in other children, so I don't think this will be a distraction any time soon for her. She also hasn't any fear, she doesn't know what danger is and this really frightens us. Most people don't seem to understand this, they just think of it in terms of she wouldn't think twice about eating something off the floor or something like this, whereas what we mean is actually she's really intelligent, she's a thinker and figures things out quickly, and wouldn't think about walking into oncoming traffic, which she did once when my mum left the safety gate open. Or she will do things like get into the bath and start the taps without knowledge of hot or cold or the fact she could drown, another incident which happened whilst my mum was babysitting ... she doesn't understand DD in the slightest. She's clever, but danger goes over her head so to send her somewhere where we can't watch her all the time while she's like this is absolutely terrifying!
Anyway, I'm sorry, I'm going on and this is meant to be your test thread! Thank you, I think you're brilliant. I wish there were more of you in the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->