Clinique ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what they're talking about.

I swear the to ad drops even when I haven't hovered over it.

As soon as I open any page, BAM, there it is! :nope: It's driving me mad. I was trying to show my husband something, and couldn't even be bothered by it after closing the darn ad 10 times.

I took a screen shot of this the other day and it has only gotten worse since then. I hope the IT people can fix it soon. The Clinique is all apart of Macy's. :nope: It is always their ad's that are the worst on here.

This should be removed now from the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure if that means the other one has gone as I'm in the UK and these are USA ads, could you ladies confirm whats happening so I can approach the ad team again if needed. :D

This should be removed now from the bottom of the page.

I'm not sure if that means the other one has gone as I'm in the UK and these are USA ads, could you ladies confirm whats happening so I can approach the ad team again if needed. :D

The one on the top is still here.. :( the one on the bottom seems to be gone. :flower:

Right is that the one someone screen shot on page 2?

Could you please give me some fresh feedback just for this ad how this is disrupting your forum use so I can discuss further with the ad team? Thanks :D

Right is that the one someone screen shot on page 2?

Could you please give me some fresh feedback just for this ad how this is disrupting your forum use so I can discuss further with the ad team? Thanks :D

Yes on page 2, same one. Well it is annoying cause it comes up before you click on a forum when you get into the forum and through the pages of the thread, it has seemed to calm down a bit.. :flower:

I just had another ad (similar to the Clinique one) pop up at the bottom of the page. It was actually for vodka (I think) which seems like a weird ad for a pregnancy message board. I x'ed out of it and it hasn't returned since, tho.

I hate to be a pain, but these MACY'S ads are really getting to me. I've given up on reading topics, and replying to them because it's annoying having to close the darn pop-up ad every single time I open a new page. :cry:

I'm still having issues with the one at the top as well. The screen shot on page 2. I'm really thankful that the one on the bottom got taken care of! :flower: The one on the top is just really annoying because as soon as you scroll back to the top of the page the mouse hits it unless you are prepared and go off to the side.

It is still happening for me, too. I am pretty sure I hate Macy's, now.

It is still happening for me, too. I am pretty sure I hate Macy's, now.

Me too.

All of the ads that have ever done it to me here are Macy's-related (Clinique from Macy's, one flat-out says Macy's, and the new one is Camilla Alves-something to do with Macy's), so I don't hold it against anyone at BNB, because the rest of the ads seem to manage to be here without being so intrusive. It's the way Macy's designs their ads... to be seen. Well, I've seen them, and will never shop there again.

Hi! I hope I'm not a bother to mention: When I get the pop ups (every page) the ads don't have a close button. I have to wait like 30 seconds to see anything because the ad will take up the whole page and I can't exit out of it.

I totally understand advertisements are important for webpages, and I really wouldn't mind them so much if there was an escape button. Sometimes I have to refresh the page over and over before I can read a post. Is there any way to add a close button to all of the giant rollover ads? I don't have a clue how any of that works, I'm just being hopeful. :)

I hate to complain, honestly. I love BnB! I'm an incredibly patient person, I really really don't mind refreshing once or twice. But now it happens on almost every thread I try to open :(

Thanks for reading!!! <3

For the one on the top (you know, the one that that pops up randomly whenever it wants <_< ) the close button is on the top left of the ad and is green. Hope that helps.

However, the ad prevents me from properly accessing the site from my phone. :(

For the one on the top (you know, the one that that pops up randomly whenever it wants <_< ) the close button is on the top left of the ad and is green. Hope that helps.

However, the ad prevents me from properly accessing the site from my phone. :(

Some of the ads have a close button, but the clinique one doesn't for me. I'll see if I can put up a screenshot.

Here are two that pop up all the time that I can't close out.

Attachments

• ad1.jpg
    ad1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ad2.jpg
    ad2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 6
Maybe it's your browser? I'm using FireFox and the Clinique ad has a close button for me. o_O How strange that it doesn't for you.

I have an apple, but I am on AOL and it closes for me also. I will say the ads have calmed down a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->