clomid buddies

Hey Girls,I'm on CD5 on Clomid second round,first round I took it days 5-9,so now I am taking it on 3-7,am on a 3 month course so hoping I wont need next cycle,Oh taking 50mg

yeah i have actually..i think if u dont conceive after the first 3 months ur not likely too..but i think that just refers to the ppl who ovulate on it..if u take it and dont ovulate it doesnt count..its 3 months from when u first ovulate on it..and since i did both other months and probably will this month too if im not pregnant im probably not likely too..but its not guaranteed..its just a statistic i think...this is frusterating..i mean im glad that i prepared myself for it so i wasnt like devastated..but its still always disappointing no matter what. did u ovulate on ur own before clomid?

I did ovulate on my own, just really late. Like CD30 and the Clomid moved it up to CD20. So Im pretty happy with that. :) I conceived my first cycle off b/c with an O on cd30 but I m/c at 8 weeks. So even if Clomid doesn't work I still have hope I can get pregnant. I cant do much more than Clomid because my insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments and right now we just do not have the $$.

Do you ovulate without Clomid?

yeah cd 20 isnt bad at all..i dont even ovulate until cd 16 or 17..its 16 if u dont count the first day of spotting and 17 if u do...and i always count it. today i have had only dark red/brown really mucousy stuff..and that was earlier today..ever since its only been little specs of brown here and there..no new blood yet at all..i even put in 2 tampons each were in 3 hours and it was only the tip dark red/brown stuff..and really mucousy..so idk why its so weird like this..but i guess i will see what tomorrow brings. i actually dont ovulate off of clomid..at least not very much..i did at some point because my first daughter was a surprise..but i have irregular periods mostly..after my chemical i actually had really regular periods..they always come on the 10th of the month which is weird..no matter if its 14-15-16 dpo its been the 10th for like 4 months now even before clomid..weird huh. i have gotten pregnant 3 times..the last one was a chemical..and all times were on the first try while ovulating..i mean we tried other months but i didnt ovulate..so the first time i ovulated with 2nd DD i got pregnant and with the chemical it was the same thing. so i just sort of thought that since i started it in september i been ovulating so why havent i gotten pregnant yet? its really discouraging! :nope: i always thought that if u took clomid earlier that u would ovulate earlier but i tried..even days 2-6 and it never changed my ovulation day at all..and the weird thing that i have noticed this time is that i havent gotten fully positive opks..even though i ovulate for sure..is that weird do u think?

Hi all, just checking in... went to the FS today for a post-coital test and she said that all the sperm were just sitting there, not going anywhere, because the clomid had thickened up the cm too much. This was pretty disheartening but then she said 'so I have a proposition for you', and suggested IUI. So I am doing my first round of IUI tomorrow morning at 7.45am and then again on Friday morning!
It turned out I had not ovulated yet so she gave me the HCG shot, so I should ovulate tomorrow. There are 2 big follicles so I hope this works.... maybe I will pop my head into the IUI threads now too. But I sure hope clomid works some magic!
Fingers crossed for everyone....

Hi all, just checking in... went to the FS today for a post-coital test and she said that all the sperm were just sitting there, not going anywhere, because the clomid had thickened up the cm too much. This was pretty disheartening but then she said 'so I have a proposition for you', and suggested IUI. So I am doing my first round of IUI tomorrow morning at 7.45am and then again on Friday morning!
It turned out I had not ovulated yet so she gave me the HCG shot, so I should ovulate tomorrow. There are 2 big follicles so I hope this works.... maybe I will pop my head into the IUI threads now too. But I sure hope clomid works some magic!

That's so great! Good Luck to you.. :dust:

yeah cd 20 isnt bad at all..i dont even ovulate until cd 16 or 17..its 16 if u dont count the first day of spotting and 17 if u do...and i always count it. today i have had only dark red/brown really mucousy stuff..and that was earlier today..ever since its only been little specs of brown here and there..no new blood yet at all..i even put in 2 tampons each were in 3 hours and it was only the tip dark red/brown stuff..and really mucousy..so idk why its so weird like this..but i guess i will see what tomorrow brings. i actually dont ovulate off of clomid..at least not very much..i did at some point because my first daughter was a surprise..but i have irregular periods mostly..after my chemical i actually had really regular periods..they always come on the 10th of the month which is weird..no matter if its 14-15-16 dpo its been the 10th for like 4 months now even before clomid..weird huh. i have gotten pregnant 3 times..the last one was a chemical..and all times were on the first try while ovulating..i mean we tried other months but i didnt ovulate..so the first time i ovulated with 2nd DD i got pregnant and with the chemical it was the same thing. so i just sort of thought that since i started it in september i been ovulating so why havent i gotten pregnant yet? its really discouraging! :nope: i always thought that if u took clomid earlier that u would ovulate earlier but i tried..even days 2-6 and it never changed my ovulation day at all..and the weird thing that i have noticed this time is that i havent gotten fully positive opks..even though i ovulate for sure..is that weird do u think?

I dont know. I know a friend of mine always ovulated but never got a fully + opk. She did get pregnant also. Maybe you just have a short surge and you miss it? I know several people who test 2-3 times a day so they dont miss it. I only test once a day but I do limit liquids and hold my urine for about 4 hours before testing. Which really isnt good because around O time its really important to hydrate to have good cm, so I might try to only limit liquids and hold it for 2 hours this cycle.

I hope that it works out for you! I am really sad to see you say this, as I think this is why I did not get pregnant last cycle on the Clomid. I had hardly any ewcm mostly creamy or none, so this just makes me think it more :(

I'm so sorry I upset you vanillastar... cm seems to be one of the factors we have little control over, although I know people do have success with preseed and so on. I have never used those but just taken EPO each month. I knew clomid could affect the cm but was still surprised when it happened.
I think you said IUI is not an option for you right now because of insurance, is that right? I wonder if the preseed might help - one of the girls on here said she got it on Amazon, could you try that too?

im not sure about the short surge thing..i mean the day before i knew that i would ovulate since its always the same i took 2 tests..the first one was very negative..probably the lightest i have gotten..and then i took another at like 6pm and it was close to positive but deff not positive..then the next day i got that one that i showed u..and everyone said to take another in 4 hours and hold urine and everything and i did and it was super negative..so i was thinking that maybe i get my surge at night..when im not testing..because i remember back in january when i ovulated i took my opk with FMU because i was gonna be gone all day and it was really positive..but i didnt believe it because i know they say fmu can cause false positives..but then when i got all the pain and stuff i knew that it was a true one..so maybe i should start using FMU all the time and i will get a surge...just a thought lol

Hi ladies, just thought id check in, hows everyone gettin on? any BFP's yet?
Well AF is due today but no signs or symptoms of it coming, usually im like clockwork and usually wake up in the morning with AF but not this time.
I have like a thickish white creamy mucus when i done a self check when i woke up, does anyone know if thats a sign of early pregnancy?
Im really wanting to go buy a test today but im 99% sure im not pregnant and it would just be my luck to buy one then AF shows, my heads all over the place i want to test but scared of dissapointment, but on the other hand im not wanting to wait. ideally i want to wait 4-5 days after AF is due to see if its just late but i know i wont be able to do that.
im trying to convince myself im not pregnant then hope im very very wrong.
probably will test later on today.... iv waited long enough lol.
Very best of luck to you all.xx:flower:

hello everyone..well cd 3 here and still no sign of a real AF..ive had only brown spotting and a couple times have had gushes of brown CM looking stuff..no new blood what so ever..when i put it in a tampon it actually really irritated me (sorry tmi) so i had to take it out..i did have a tiny bit of dark dark red blood on the tip but thats the most..it was really uncomfortable to have it in so i only kept it in for 3 hours then i had to take it out..it actually hurt. so i went and bought pads..i havent even close to filled one up..ive had a liittle bit of brown spots on every single one of the pads..and today im barely even on AF anymore but still feel really wet down there if u know what i mean. im a bit worried that clomid could have messed this up..do periods like this indicate thin lining or something? im pretty worried. last period i had i did have some regular blood, but only one day some spotting of regular blood and the next for a couple hours and then it went to brown spotting..i told the dr and she said that was fine..but idk about no regular red blood at all..has anyone else had this on clomid and been fine? :wacko:

hello everyone..well cd 3 here and still no sign of a real AF..ive had only brown spotting and a couple times have had gushes of brown CM looking stuff..no new blood what so ever..when i put it in a tampon it actually really irritated me (sorry tmi) so i had to take it out..i did have a tiny bit of dark dark red blood on the tip but thats the most..it was really uncomfortable to have it in so i only kept it in for 3 hours then i had to take it out..it actually hurt. so i went and bought pads..i havent even close to filled one up..ive had a liittle bit of brown spots on every single one of the pads..and today im barely even on AF anymore but still feel really wet down there if u know what i mean. im a bit worried that clomid could have messed this up..do periods like this indicate thin lining or something? im pretty worried. last period i had i did have some regular blood, but only one day some spotting of regular blood and the next for a couple hours and then it went to brown spotting..i told the dr and she said that was fine..but idk about no regular red blood at all..has anyone else had this on clomid and been fine? :wacko:

I have no idea about that. Could it mean your lining was thin? Because your not bleeding much maybe you dont have much to shed?

My AF was heavy CD1, and then kinda medium yesterday CD2, and now today very light. So odd for me, and Im paranoid Clomid thinned my lining. :nope:

Hi everyone, I was worried about the lining too, but it was a good 11mm yesterday on CD11 even though I was on 100mg of clomid. I have always had quite light periods and only bleed for 4 days (7 with spotting), so maybe the heaviness of the period does not correlate to the thickness of the lining?

Oh I forgot to say, good luck today Munchkinkelz!

Hi all, well i did give in and test today as AF has still not shown and like i said, no signs or symptoms, sadly i got a :bfn: :cry:
my period is always on time and i should have woken up with af today.
I know i def did ovulate on cd 15 as test showed a clear +:growlmad:
well if it aint here by sunday/monday i will do another test.
Good luck to you all and plenty babydust to you all.xx

I have no idea about that. Could it mean your lining was thin? Because your not bleeding much maybe you dont have much to shed?

My AF was heavy CD1, and then kinda medium yesterday CD2, and now today very light. So odd for me, and Im paranoid Clomid thinned my lining. :nope:

thats what im worried about..thin lining..my period for last cycle was kinda like yours, only no heavy days at all..and only red spotting the first day and just one gush of regular blood the next day then all brown spotting, and i told my dr and she didnt seem conerned at all but she did make it very clear she wanted me to take a test before i started the clomid..like right before i took the first pill. so i would probably take a test if i was u just to make sure. but im just worried about mine because i havent had any red blood..only brown old spotting and then quite a few times gushes of brown CM..so im getting pretty worried..like maybe it made it so thin that i have like no blood..eek! idk i wanna call the dr but last time i had a really light short period and they didnt seem concerned in the least..but i did have regular blood last time so i wasnt as concerned as this time

Hi all, well i did give in and test today as AF has still not shown and like i said, no signs or symptoms, sadly i got a :bfn: :cry:

hey so sorry about the :bfn: but it could be too early..many dont get :bfp: until 14 or 15dpo..is this ur first time on clomid? it made my lp one day longer..i used to have a 14 day one and on clomid last month came on 16dpo an this month 15dpo..so maybe it just made ur lp longer..and maybe ur pregnant but implanted like yesterday so not enough hcg to turn it positive! dont give up yet!

Hi everyone, I was worried about the lining too, but it was a good 11mm yesterday on CD11 even though I was on 100mg of clomid. I have always had quite light periods and only bleed for 4 days (7 with spotting), so maybe the heaviness of the period does not correlate to the thickness of the lining?

Oh I forgot to say, good luck today Munchkinkelz!

well that would be great news cause im getting very nervous about taking it again this month..i just wish my dr did more tests..to see what my lining is and look at the eggs and stuff..the only thing she does is progesterone tests 7 days after pos opk..im not as concerned about light periods as i am about no fresh blood at all..its only either brown spotting or brown CM..i havent had one drop of red blood..so thats just kinda getting to me..maybe im just over reacting! lol but im hoping very much that it doesnt mean anything and maybe its just a weird period even though i ovulated for sure :wacko:

Sorry sorry about BFN. However maybe you arent late yet. You usually ovulate 24-48 hours after a + opk. So if you got a + on CD15 maybe you didnt ovulate until CD16 or CD17.

thats what im worried about..thin lining..my period for last cycle was kinda like yours, only no heavy days at all..and only red spotting the first day and just one gush of regular blood the next day then all brown spotting, and i told my dr and she didnt seem conerned at all but she did make it very clear she wanted me to take a test before i started the clomid..like right before i took the first pill. so i would probably take a test if i was u just to make sure. but im just worried about mine because i havent had any red blood..only brown old spotting and then quite a few times gushes of brown CM..so im getting pretty worried..like maybe it made it so thin that i have like no blood..eek! idk i wanna call the dr but last time i had a really light short period and they didnt seem concerned in the least..but i did have regular blood last time so i wasnt as concerned as this time

Maybe you should test just to be sure. With not having any red blood I would test. I hear its not unusual to spot around the time AF would be due when your pregnant. If its BFN and you are still concerned I would call the dr. It might make you feel better if you call and see what they say.

yeah i know..i think a big reason why i dont wanna test is because when i had my chemical i had 3 day bleeding (not sure if it was spotting or not) and then it stopped and then i started spotting again like 5 days later and turned out i was pregnant but losing it..so im a little nervous..but i dont think im pregnant because i had tested at 13dpo and negative..but then again with my chemical i did too! lol its confusing..really im not concerned with being pregnant..just mostly the thin lining thing..im scared to start a new month of clomid and it hurt my chances even more ya know..but idk last month i did have a short lighter type period and the dr didnt seem concerned at all..so im due to start clomid on sunday..so ill just test then and as long as its negative ill just start it again maybe im just not a long heavy period type of person lol..it would help a lot more if i had some type of fresh blood instead of all brown!

yeah i know..i think a big reason why i dont wanna test is because when i had my chemical i had 3 day bleeding (not sure if it was spotting or not) and then it stopped and then i started spotting again like 5 days later and turned out i was pregnant but losing it..so im a little nervous..but i dont think im pregnant because i had tested at 13dpo and negative..but then again with my chemical i did too! lol its confusing..really im not concerned with being pregnant..just mostly the thin lining thing..im scared to start a new month of clomid and it hurt my chances even more ya know..but idk last month i did have a short lighter type period and the dr didnt seem concerned at all..so im due to start clomid on sunday..so ill just test then and as long as its negative ill just start it again maybe im just not a long heavy period type of person lol..it would help a lot more if i had some type of fresh blood instead of all brown!

Would it hurt anything to take one cycle off from the Clomid and then start the Clomid again the following cycle? (that is if you weren't pregnant) That would give your body a lil break (and correct me if Im wrong) allow your lining to build back up if it was thin?

yeah thats what im considering..but then again i dont wanna take a break for nothing..if my lining isnt thin..but im considering it..either way im probably either gonna have to just risk it or wait because im supposed to start sunday and i wont be able to talk to a dr til monday..its already half hour til the drs close and i guarantee if i called now they wouldnt be able to get back to me by the time they close..so im just gonna see..ill probably do a test sunday and if its negative just consider either taking it or taking a break..im leaning more towards taking a break just because this has really got me freaked out..i mean no new blood at all..not even a drop..only brown spotting or brown cm..ive never had this before. but it sounds like u are ok...i think a common side effect of clomid is shorter periods..which hey as long as u ovulate and ur lining isnt thin then it seems like a good thing! :) and i know that last month i had short lighter period and the dr said as long as i took a test before i started the medicine and it was negative to take it..she wasnt even concerned so im sure u are fine

yeah thats what im considering..but then again i dont wanna take a break for nothing..if my lining isnt thin..but im considering it..either way im probably either gonna have to just risk it or wait because im supposed to start sunday and i wont be able to talk to a dr til monday..its already half hour til the drs close and i guarantee if i called now they wouldnt be able to get back to me by the time they close..so im just gonna see..ill probably do a test sunday and if its negative just consider either taking it or taking a break..im leaning more towards taking a break just because this has really got me freaked out..i mean no new blood at all..not even a drop..only brown spotting or brown cm..ive never had this before. but it sounds like u are ok...i think a common side effect of clomid is shorter periods..which hey as long as u ovulate and ur lining isnt thin then it seems like a good thing! :) and i know that last month i had short lighter period and the dr said as long as i took a test before i started the medicine and it was negative to take it..she wasnt even concerned so im sure u are fine

I completely understand what your saying. You dont want to waste a month if its no necessary, but if it really makes you feel better about your lining it might be worth it.

I tried to do some reasearch on google and most things I found have said that a shorter/lighter period does not necessarily mean a thin lining. Some women were claiming they had a thin lining but a heavy period. Guess the only way to know for sure would be to get an ultrasound, but I dont know if that is an option for you or not. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->