Clomid club- any ladies on clomid please join x

Hi ladies im in a dilemma, long story short i started spotting before my fertility appt, i thought perfect timing asi inew they would wanna do clomid,
They told me wait til af has a proper flow to start the meds, i figured the next day or day after would be day one... but the next day it was gone! And none since and the spotting was brown! I tested and it was neg so defo not pregnant, i dunno what i should do now, take the clomid? Wait for af, so confusing

Hi, how is everyone doing?

Redrose - have you called your doctor's office? Yes you do need to have a proper flow in order for the endometrium to be shed & a new cycle to begin (I know some drs do prescribe clomid to start without having AF but that is for ladies who don't get their periods due to not ovulating at all). You dr should be able to assist you with that question. :)

Sunflower (cycle buddy!)- any news, are you doing OPKs or anything?

AFM - holy painful ovaries & uterus! EWCM started up today. Will bd CD14-17 every day (so from tomorrow). I realized today that I should probably look up which CD I am & tracking my cycle more carefully since I should stop taking black cohosh some time lol.

The more I read up about IVF and especially ICSI, the less I want to do it! I really want to stop trying and just accept that it will never happen. I really really want a baby but at the same time IVF is sooooooo expensive and I feel so conflicted about the IVF/ICSI laboratory procedures. If it was just my decision I would have stopped trying already but of course it is DH's decision too... This is such an emotional journey and I guess none of the decisions ever get any easier. :( :cry:

Hi everyone

Quiet here! Anyone with an update?

Holy smokes I'm in pain this month! Soooo much uterine & ovarian pain & pressure. I cancelled a ladies night tonight and will be staying in bed! I hope to ovulate in a day or two.

Thinking of you all x

Fern - fingers crossed those are good signs for you!

Nothing to report over here. CD9, temping this month to see if I can pin point O (might even use some of my old OPK's). DH and I had a date night tonight. It was lovely, I got to dress up and we went out for dinner and drinks. I have been so obsessed with not drinking while TTC but it's been sooooo long now, I just needed to have a few drinks and a laugh while knowing I'm not in the TWW. I really enjoyed it.

Good news, my sister has been discharged from hospital. She needs to take it easy for a few weeks, but should be back on her feet before Christmas!

Fingers crossed for some pre Christmas BFP's!

Hi everyonje just popping by to say hi xx

I've been stalking when I get the chance on this thread, still thinking of you all and cheering you on xx

Fern I hope that means the clomid is getting to work :) x

Aro I'm so sorry to hear what's happened to your sister.. life is so cruel sometimes :( I'm glad to hear she's out of hospital though, hope she's on the road to recovery x

RedRose - just to echo what fern said, you could phone your FS and ask to be prescribed something to induce a period (provera or norethisterone are ones I have had in the past) if you have very irregular cycles x you could probably get it prescribed from your GP but they don't always like to interfere with FS work (so I've been told) -HTH x

Hi lace&pearls and Arohanui!

So good to hear from you ladies :) feels like a visit from old friends.

Lace&pearls - do you know if you are having a boy or a girl OR are you team yellow? So glad everything's going well!

Arohanui - ditto for news re your sister. Great news that she's doing better and that you get to spend more precious time with her. I also have a sister and I can't imagine my life without her. Just sending you so many hugs. xxx

Guess what!! My husband said last night that he is also tired of this black cloud of ttc hanging over us and that we can stop trying! Whoop whoop! I guess I will definitely still be going onto the new medical insurance plan to at least get a proper endometriosis removal done, and then ivf is OPTIONAL, IF we feel up to it.

Hi ladies thanks for your advice, i rang my dr and we both agreed it was just a v light period due to having a d&c and polyp removal surgery done the month before. The lining is probably thin enough, she said i could start my clomid if i didnt wanna wait for another cycle thank god, so I start it tonight

GL redrose!

Sunflower - any news?

IDK if I ovulated or not! I had almost no EWCM and my temps are not rising even though I had what I *thought* was ovulation pains. Oh well.

Do any of you guys get hot flashes while on clomid? I swear I get them on the 3rd day of taking it but this time they are crazy!

Hi fern81 I'm on cd 20 I had my progostone
Blood work done today I go to see my doc on
Thursday to see what my levels are at I just hope
I get my bfp this time

Hi all :hi:

I haven't posted in a while but I'm still stalking all you lovelies!!

Fern - how frustrating about your temps :growlmad: keep on temping & hopefully it will become clearer. I'm sorry you're still facing the decision over IVF but glad that your hubby is open to talking about it before you make a final choice. You know I'm really rooting for you to get the rainbow you so much deserve!!

Arohanui - hoes the temping going this month? Is it shedding any light? I remember when I started it was all nonsense!! But it does become clearer with time & practise. Good luck!!

Lace&pearls - either I missed your bfp announcement or I've forgotten :blush: So I apologise if I'm repeating myself but congratulations :happydance: How are you feeling? I second ferns question... Team yellow, pink or blue??

Swimmy - I usually started with hot flashes around day 3 and they lasted until about 3 days after I stopped taking clomid. They were always worse at night - I don't know if that's because I took the tablets at night but I often woke up soaked. Sexy eh?? Hope they pass quickly for you.

Nimbec - don't know if you're stalking too but I'm thinking of you often too hun!

Red rose & sunflower - good luck. Hope clomid is the key to baby success you need!!

Afm - Ds is three months old now. He had his jabs today so is unhappy. He sleeps well and is otherwise a cheeky, happy chappy. Dd started school in September & is doing really well. The teacher says she's the best reader in the class! I count my lucky stars every day - especially the hard days. I cannot wish hard enough that clomid is the answer for lots of other ladies here. Still stalking & I'll check in occasionally :hugs:

Hi all

Sunflower I'm keeping my fingers crossed, keep us updated.

Swimmy - I used to get the worst hot flushes on clomid too, even the first month after I stopped taking it. This month I took black cohosh and didn't get such bad side effects.

K4th - hi, so nice of you to check in! I'm very happy that you and your family are all doing so well. Thanks for your continued positive thoughts and support. xx

I'm calling 4 dpo. I *think* (going on O pains) that I ovulated very late on Sunday night. I can't even imagine that this cycle will work. I didn't eat too well or look after my health (even though I intended to; I guess I was angry and skeptical and, well, haven't been eating/drinking as I should have). I had almost no EWCM and we didn't use preseed or similar. I think I really have given up (not trying to sound bitter, I'm doing OKish). On my birthday my husband gave me a card "from the cats", saying "happy birthday MOMMY". It made me so sad to think that I will ever only be mommy to my pets. It was such a poignant card. But I didn't cry about it and felt better thinking that at least my rescue kitties DO have a "mom" even if I don't have a human baby.

I won't be using clomid again next cycle even though I still have a pack left. I will go back on bcp and see what happens from there.

Hi Ladies,

I think I'm in the 'fertile' zone, so BD'ing, but as I've not been tracking etc. for along time, and my cycle was surprisingly short last round, I'm taking fertile days to be anything between CD11 & CD18, lol! I've been tracking my temp this round, but not very well due to crazy work schedules, not getting to temp at the same time each day, so it's not very reliable.

Fern - you have no idea how much I'm wishing you success this round! Remember, my lucky clomid round was when I'd completely given up - no eating well, no looking after myself, I even had a few drinks. I had no CM at all, like zero CM, let alone EWCM. I didn't track, didn't temp, and didn't plan BD. You're not out yet.

Kath - so nice to hear from you, I'm glad you and your family are doing well!

Still hoping for some pre-Christmas BFP's :thumbup:

Hi ladies I'm going for my scan on Tuesday, first time they are checking for the follies, not sure what to expect, if all good I will get a trigger shot

All the best Arohanui I really hope you get a bfp before this year is done!! I remember how positive you were on New Year's Day. Sending you soooo many hugs hun. Also, thanks for your kind words. :)

GL Redrose! Keep us updated. x

Today I've suddenly started thinking of the other cycle I had such slowly creeping temps (June cycle of this year). I had a 7 dpo progesterone test and my levels were quite high. Also, that was the month I had 2 tests turn positive (well after the time limit though)... and AF was 2/3 days late. Maybe I had a chemical pregnancy? That in itself would be astonishing and it would mean that I do still have egg cells. Just musing. :blush:

All the best Arohanui I really hope you get a bfp before this year is done!! I remember how positive you were on New Year's Day. Sending you soooo many hugs hun. Also, thanks for your kind words. :)

Ha, feeling way less positive as this year draws to a close! Actually, having spent the first 10 months of 2015 feeling bitter and twisted about all my friends and family having babies (most of them second babies in the time we've been TTC) a close friend of mine had a boy yesterday, and I actually felt ok about it. I guess after so long wishing, hoping, coming so close, heartbreak, jealousy and bitterness, there comes acceptance. I think this new year my focus will not be on what 'might' happen in 2016, but acceptance of what may never happen. It sure is an emotional roller coaster.

Good luck RedRose!

rose - fingers crossed on your scan mine is on wed but i have a feeling it will be bad news.

Fern - hopefully you keep going in the right direction! i really hope that you get your bfp soon!!

AFM - Its weird im cd 11 and i'm still having hot flashes at night its driving me crazy. also my opk's went from getting darker to now blank white (very frusterating) hopefully my scan gives me some answer.

My sides are killing me.. i wonder if by tomorrow it will be too late

hi ladies i had my scan, and i have two follies growing, they are 1.5/1.4 cm in size at cd 13, she said come back friday to check, if they are bigger she will trigger shot me lol my question is it realistically that they are big enough by friday? she said they like 2.4 cm but will trigger at minimum of 1.8cm

Hi ladies just an update I got my bfp today
I went to the doc he confirmed it did all the blood
Work I have brown spotting after peeing sometimes
When I wipe doc said to take it easy and not lift
Anything heavy just a bit concerned about the spotting
Please pray all goes well this is our rainbow baby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members