clomid club

oh my god thats so true! i never knew when we decided to start ttc that it would end up like this. i thought i'd be like all the women around me who seem to fall pregnant in a few months. i wish someone had have explained to me that its not always like that because i would have started ttc a lot earlier had i known....

Such a good point a_missy! I held off on TTC for 3 years because I didn't want to get pregnant straight after getting married, but if I only knew it would take this long I wouldn't have waited. Oh well, nevermind. :dohh:

I never heard from the nurse at all Kissy- never mind any one else!!! They just gave me 3mths of tablets and said off you go!

doesn't seem right then if they permitted you 6months and only gave you 3 and even then to knock your appoinment onto the following month sometimes i do wonder if were just nhs numbers and not people in thier eyes i hope it gets sorted soon hun xx

(I am only having 21 day tests with one appt with my consultant after cycle 3)- QUOTE]

I'm having 23 day tests and that's it. My OB'GYN gave me 3 months worth of clomid 50g and told me if this doesn't work, I have to begin injections.

Any ideas what the injections are all about???

Such a good point a_missy! I held off on TTC for 3 years because I didn't want to get pregnant straight after getting married, but if I only knew it would take this long I wouldn't have waited. Oh well, nevermind. :dohh:

i know! i get anxious sometimes about my age and i pray it doesnt go on for too much longer but maybe this is our year for a BFP :) positive thinking and all that haha

I never heard from the nurse at all Kissy- never mind any one else!!! They just gave me 3mths of tablets and said off you go!

thats all i got babylou, she gave me the prescription and told me to make an appointment in 3 months time. what were you hoping for? 6 months instead of 3?

i agree with kissy, you do feel like the next number in a long line of cases, you dont feel like they actually give a damn sometimes.

I have been told I can have 6 months a_missy- I've got an appointment in between the two lots of three (or rather I did have before it was cancelled today!!) I just can never find out from anybody how much I am supposed to be taking in a cycle- don't know who to get in touch with about when to up my dose. the doctor said 50mg, then 100mg if needed, then 150mg if needed! But obviously I can't just up my dose myself!!

i see, jesus thats really unhelpful! no wonder you're stressed out. so basically you have no idea what you're meant to be doing this month and you cant get in contact with anyone to get any help??

No- been trying to contact a nurse at the hospital for days- but she is impossible!! Had the same problem with her to book my HSG- took me 5 months to get it done in the end!

5 months? thats ridiculous!

wow i'm really sorry for you that you've got this stress right now, its the last thing you need. i guess all you can do is persevere until you get through to someone.

although i've felt the fs hasnt been that forthcoming with information i have to say the nurses i dealt with when sorting out my hycosy and when i phoned about my progesterone levels have been really nice. you'd think they'd have some sensitivity with all the emotions and the stress involved with our situations... obviously the nurse you deal with doesnt :growlmad:

She just seems a bit like a batty old woman to be honest! :haha:

When trying to book my HSG I could never get in touch with her on CD1 (I could never book before this as I am so irregular and never knew when the first 10 days of my cycle would be)- she would never return my calls. :dohh: I would eventually get her a few days later and she would say it was booked up for that cycle. This happened 5 times- each time I had provera to start my AF and it was wasted! :growlmad:

But after I'd spoken to her she used to randomly ring me and say "hi, my name is ....... I have been passed your file to book a HSG"- and I'd say "YES I KNOW!!! I spoke to you yesterday for the thousandth time!"- she'd never remember! :dohh:

I was just catching up...and was wondering if anyone has crazy mood swings and headaches on clomid?? I am 100mg on cycle days 3-7 combining it with 2000mg of metformin. Pretty much on my own as my doc seems to not like to do testing. I am looking for a new doc but there are not many in my area that deal with clomid and fertility issues...which I have had tr and have 3 kiddos from a previous marriage. thanks for the help...you ladies are wonderful!!

Hey honey! I know personally I kept a headache almost the entire time I took Clomid and I think I was more moody and emotional than I am now! I keep saying, that Clomid is evil stuff but it sure does work!!! LOL

I have the headache and moodswings, Im on 50mg from 3-7 and I take it at night! I know that headaches are from rising hormones, in this case Estrogen FSH and LH. Hang in there they go away til the 2ww lol... then you start wonder if thats pregnancy.. Went to my RE yesterday, he looked at my bloods and follicular scans and was really happy. He said that because i ovulate normaly and hubby's SA is 100% that its just a matter of time. He laughed at my 3 follicles and said I had an extremely high chance to get preg with triplets *yikes*. So next month I will be taking from 5-9 so as not to produce so many follicles.. But I already started my second round, and taking last pill today lmao. I have been drinking green tea like a maniac, and for the first time ever I've had TONNES of creamy cm. So I'm hoping for some nice fertile ewcm around ovulation time. I am going to continue doing follicular scans and estriadol and LH blood levels until I ovulate. So Im feeling even better about this month, dont know why. But Im really scared to get my hopes up like I did last month, but its unavoidable.

Beth ~ you are soooooo pregnant lmao just thought i should let you know

Kissy ~ woop woop for the PMA!!

Hi
I was headachey whilst I was taking clomid but didnt really notice mood swings.

Hows everyone feeling today?
My temp was back up this morning although not as high as before I just feel tired and a bit emotional about it all as if the extra hormones from taking the clomid have wiped me out.Boob still off the scale sore though I am hoping that settles down before AF as they are usually tender for the first few days anyway.

Heres hoping your all busy celebrating BFPs
Beth x

My boobs were sooo sore right until 2 days before af. I woke up one morning and voila they didnt hurt anymore.. That was my first clue that AF was on its way.

Morning girls!! Well- I am CD28 today- temp dropped a bit this morning to 36.69- but still above the coverline. Boobs are still more painful than ever- and had a big crying fit at OH last night! :-(
Did a HPT this morning and got another BFN!! So that's it for this month- I'll just wait for AF now, as I am 14dpo so would have a BFP by now if one was due!

afternoon ladies ....

i see were all experiencing the lovely effects of Clomid .. i only got headaches on clomid in 2WW i'm hoping i get them soon might be a sign that Clomid working .... after starting yesterday i now feel less bloated but the backache is back and could only sleep on my side again last night as for emotions i cried at the silliest of things watched a film and when they laughed i cried they cried i laughed ....

how are we all feeling today? xx

hey girls thought i would pop in and se hoe you all are. Hope your all well and the horrid side effects ease off for your soon.

Lou when i first joined this thread i got taking to a girl who got her BFP on the first round of clomid. She didnt get her bfp until 18DPO and had been testing everyday from 13DPO and getting BFNs. chin up hun its not over yet.

xxx

That would just be too lucky Laura!! I think I am out this month- just got to pray that AF doesn't decide to do a disappearing act now!! Want to start next month now!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->