clomid club

I thought my OH would find it difficult but it's me finding the most difficult! It all feels so forced and weird! OH seems fine and relaxed about it all- he keeps track of when we need to do it and then he's "up" and ready! :blush:

Hi ladies, any room for another? i am on my 4th round of clomid, 50mg the first 3 cycles and 100mg this time round. first two cycles no ovulation but third time it worked but the docs have still increased it, feeling as rough as i did when i first started it which i thought i would escape with already being on the 50mg but nooooooooooooo!!! all the symptoms are back with a vengance, my hubby calls the mood swings "a clomood"!!
i have PCOS as well as many other weird and wonderful illnesses, Graves disease, MS etc, here is a bit of my history, **UPSETTING, DO NOT READ IF OFFENDED**
hubby and i have been trying for a baby for 7 years now and its been a rough road, we lost 16 angels all between 8-12weeks one after the other last m/c in feb 2008, we then got caught again and got to 10 weeks before i collapsed, the baby was in my tube, still growing so needless to say i lost my angel and my tube also. that was august 2008, in october i went for a HSG and found out christmas day 2008 we were expecting. i had a very very difficult pregnancy, between the finding out i had the autoimmune disorder that makes my own body reject the fetus as it sees it as a disease to the chronic sickness which landed me in hospital with ketoacidosis. then came the SPD, i was in a wheelchair by 18weeks it was that bad lol, couldn't take the weight of me and my huge bump i was 8 stone but by 18 weeks i was the size of a fullterm pregnancy, i didnt care though lol, after waiting for so long it was worth the pain, when i got to 26 weeks i began in a lot of pain, early labour they thought but i was ok, just go home take it easy, by this point i was on weekly appointments with the consultant and supposed to be given a detailed scan every other week with a basic one the week inbetween, so every week was the same, i complained about the pain and asked for baby to be delivered, they sent me home telling me i was paranoid. this went on for 6 weeks and then they booked me in for my c-section which was in two weeks time, i went for my scan but once again the staff were not there either off or whatever so i was only given a basic scan, went to antenatal, again complained of my daughter not moving as she should be, i wanted her delivered, she was having weird freaky movements, again not even touched and told go home as i was being "neurotic", as i was leaving my daughter had a huge seizure and her heart stopped, she died not ten mins after i left the doctor who told me everything was ok, i was still in the hospital.
that was 15th july i gave birth to our much wanted loved and cherished sleeping angel Lilly-Maye on 18th july, she died from cord round her neck 3 times tight, cord torsion, cord compression, hypercoiling, full and complete body wrap and 2 true knots. her neck broke on the way out as she ad no give on the cord and as i was pushing her placenta/cord was being ripped away from me inside, my hubby delivered her as the midwife fell apart and couldn't, it was a mess, but she was absolutely perfect.
since i have had Lilly-Maye i haven't ovulated properly at all, my af has gone up the wall and i have had to battle with my doctors that there is such a condition as PCOS, i live in the back of beyond and they don't agree with the methods of clomid and such like. so i am now on my 4th round now 100mg and have never been checked at all whilst i have been on clomid. no scans no appointments nothing so looking for support, and saw your clomid club.
i hope i am ok to join you here
Sam
xx

welcome Sam i am so sorry you have had a cruel journey so far :hugs: ..

i'm not given much monitoring just a blood test 7dpo just to certify that i ovulate and my gyno didn't explain an awfull lot about clomid just gave me a perscription and sent me on my way ....

i hope clomid helps you onto your next BFP and that is a start of great things to come xx

welcome Sam i am so sorry you have had a cruel journey so far :hugs: ..

i'm not given much monitoring just a blood test 7dpo just to certify that i ovulate and my gyno didn't explain an awfull lot about clomid just gave me a perscription and sent me on my way ....

i hope clomid helps you onto your next BFP and that is a start of great things to come xx
Hi Kissy, thanks for the welcome, i have had a blood test done also the first two months at cd 21 ish as no definate thermal shift and my levels were 1.4 but to be honest i know thats not good but i don't know how bad as i haven't seen my doctors at all and never get any answers, googling just fills me with terror lol
here's hoping that things will work out for us all

before i started clomid my progesterone 21 level was 0.9 ... first month on clomid it went upto 2.2 .... i was told by gyno anything over 30 indicates ovulation xx

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry to read what an awful time you have had. It really doens't help when the medical staff are not supporting you. Hope clomid works for you this time and you get your wish! x

Hi Sam- welcome to the Clomid Club. I am so sorry to read about what you have gone through so far- I hope this year is luckier for you xxx

Did anybody else know that Ibuprofen/Nurofen can halt ovulation??? :dohh: I have bought the Fertility & Infertility For Dummies book this afternoon and it says in it that you musn't take ibuprofen in the middle of the cycle!!!! I have taken some this morning to try and get rid of my "clomid head"! :dohh:

i knew that is wasn't to be taken while pregnant as the tablets itself is to take down swelling and not kill pain ... ibuprofen for swelling paracetamol to stop the pain signals being sent asprin for thinning blood so the body's own pain killers kick in sooner ...

i can see why its not recommended to take them if it reduces swelling and it may reduce your follicles from growin to release the egg or at least holt the growth ...

ibruprofen only stay in the system 8 hours so if u don't take anymore i'm sure u'll be fine xx

Hey girls Hope everyone is doing ok.

Hi Sam welcome and im so sorry to read what a terrible time you have had/ been having.
I have just started my first course and have to have a scan on friday. Like most on here i never got told much info about clomid. I hope it works for you huni.

Not sure if this is correct place to write this but im hoping someone can help me. (i have also wrote it in the loseing weight thread)

Right i was offered a gastric baloon today but they tell me i have to check with the fertility clinic to make sure it is ok to have while taking clomid incase i get pregnant. Im at the clinic on friday for my first scan so i shall speak to them then but i was just wondering if anybody here nos anything. I have searched google but cant find information

Thanks girls xx

hmmm i'm not sure hun tbh ... hope u get an answer soon xx

here's todays opk looks like i'm getting closer for sure this time .....

https://www.babyandbump.com/ovulations-tests-gallery/277423-my-way-ovulation.html

Hi everyone, wow Sam you've had such a rough time. I hope things get better for you this year.

I didn't know that about Ibuprofen and I've been taking it non-stop as it turns out I have an abscessed tooth and need a root canal done :dohh: Wish it said it on the packet!

Another question - I've not had AF for a year and a half and was prescribed provera which induced it and then started the Clomid. What should I do if it doesn't arrive this month? Just take the Clomid after 30 days is up or something? Anyone else have this experience?

Kissy - i reckon you're quite close to ovulating from looking at that pic x

Megs79- I know I wish I had known about the ibuprofen too!! I won't be taking it anymore!

As for the clomid question if you ovulate then AF should appear anyway. I have very, very irregular cycles that are super long because I never ovulate- but after ovulating on the clomid last month I had a text book AF on CD29.

If you don't ovulate then you need to ask your doctor- some will let you take an HPT to check u are not pregnant and then just start the clomid again- but some will make you take the Provera again to have a period first (I know my doctor would, but Kissy's let her just start again)

Kissy- your OPK's are a lot darker than mine, but not dark enough to be your positive yet. Mine are still blank- but they were on CD12 last month too! Are yours getting slightly darker every day- or have they been like that for a couple of days? You could be getting a slow build up surge- or that could be your usual line and your surge is still to happen...

morning ladies ...

i'd say thats the darkest i've had so far ... yesterday i tried 2 diff tests in the same wee a sesitivity of 20 showed a faint line and that 1 is a sensitivity of 35 and a darker line than the 20 ... they have got darker since i started testing and my temp has gone down again today ..... pretty confused and annoyed because untill i've any indication of ovulation i don't know when to get the cd21 bloods done ...

megs hun i spoke to my GP about the same issue he told me as long as i got a negative pregnancy test i could start the next cycle of clomid ... my progesterone level was 2.2 tho so highly doubtfull i would have had AF anyhow xx

Your temperatures look good though Kissy. You've had a proper pre-ovulation drop- I reckon you'll get a positive tonight or tomorrow - then ovulation will follow. Your chart looks like a completely different person's than your chart last month.

i know i couldn't blv the difference myself when o set up the overlay even OH was like u sure thats normal haha i had to then explain for half hour why i'm not "normal" but different in my own way i showed my friend and she said i feel sorry for pete havin to deal with you last month with hormones like that ....

i did another test this morning and the line was just as dark so am hoping thats a good sign as usuallt FMU shows a blank for me ...

how are you feelin lou any second lines yet? xx

forgot to add i've been getting a bit of lower back pain on my right side .....

Ooo that's good Kirsty- I got a line on CD13 morning last month- that was my first ever morning line too- then it got darker every wee of the day!!

No mine are blank at the minute- they were last month on CD12 morning though so I'm not in a panic yet!

yer you have plenty of time yet ... well the line is deffinately there and about same darkness as yesterdays test so i might get my surge today or tomorrow ...

i think this back pain is a good sign also my sides have been feeling tender the past few days and today this has started it's like a pulling sensation....

i don't think this cycle is helped much by the lack of AF last cycle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->