clomid club

hi im just wondering if anyone that got preg whilst taking clomid was given an early pregnancy scan??? ive done 3 tests this morning & all were positive, this was my 4th cycle of clomid & i really thought af was coming ( due on tues)...went to hosp this morning to have hiv & chlymidia test done ready to start iui in april...they had to do a routine pregnancy test b4 any swabs could be done & they did 2...both positive!!! came home & did another 1 & positive again!!! :) im still getting pains, mainly in lower back like af will still come & really worried.....

xx

Hi samfits i have just started clomid too. Just finished my first cycle i had them pains from day 2 of them and there still going on now and took my last one 5 days ago. I had my scan yesterday and asked them about it, the nurse told me it was a good thing cause it means your overies are being stimulated which hopefully means you will have a nice big follicle ready for ovulation. So dont worry about it huni.

Hi dancingkaty Congratulations on BFP. Id say it is just implantation pains which feel kinda the same as AF, id say you have nothing to worry about. I could be very wrong though.

Today i feel really tired and emotional. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. But i have no reason to feel this, Could this be down to the clomid even though i took my last one 5 days ago?
We should of bd this morning but we didnt cause i really didnt feel in the mood so we need to do it tonight but i really dont feel upto it. I need to try and get myself in the mood i think lol.

Hope the rest of you girls are having a lovely weekend? xx

Ladies who are on Clomid are you also taking Metformin? I was taking both but have run out of Metformin. I am due to start taking 3rd cycle of Clomid tomorrow. Will Clomid still work without Metformin? x

:dust:Hi everyone

Please can I join you? I have endo and a short luteal phase and am due to take my first clomid pill tomorrow. Feel so hopeful but am not sure what to expect! Have only got 3 rounds - is that narmal? Am due to start IVF in April if the clomid doesn't work and I really don't want to do that!!

Good luck and baby dust to you all xxx

Please can I join you? I have endo and a short luteal phase and am due to take my first clomid pill tomorrow. Feel so hopeful but am not sure what to expect! Have only got 3 rounds - is that narmal? Am due to start IVF in April if the clomid doesn't work and I really don't want to do that!!

Hi Silarose, I was prescribed 3 cycles of 50mg Clomid also and am starting 3rd round tomorrow. Are you on 50mg or 100mg? x

Katy, first off....congrats on your BFP!!! I felt exactly the same way before and after my BFP. I had taken Clomid and was on my third round. I had AF like cramps and about 2 days of really sharp, stabbing pains on my right side around where my ovary is. I just had my first scan last week and was 7w3d. If you are really concerned about the pain I would definitely say check with your doctor but I can tell you the pain is a normal thing from what I have heard from lots of ladies on the forums. Congrats again!
Jennifer, I have never taken Metformin but I understand that is common practice with PCOS. The Clomid should still work on its own since it is simply to provoke ovulation but I'm not positive since I have not researched the role of the Metformin. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Silarose, good luck with your Clomid! Three rounds to begin with Clomid is pretty standard. If you read earlier posts on this thread it will cover the multiple side effects of Clomid and hopefully help you be better prepared.

Hi everyone

Jennifer8 - I am on 50mg. I seem to ovualte on my own but the dr thinks I may get all of the signs without actually ovualting (unruptured follice or something). I sooooo hope the clomid helps. Good luck with your 3rd round. I have heard really good things about clomid so fx for you.

NurseKel - will have a look at earlier posts. I hope it doesn't have too many side effects for me. Congrats on your BFP - gives me hope.

Completely off the point - my neighbour is playing music really loud so can't sleep at the mo. She is an alcoholic and a total nightmare!!! Argggh!

Hello I am also on metformin with my clomid...2000mg a day. From what I understand that is to help with my lp cause it was also short. Do you not have refills on it?? (kinda a dumb queation)...Good luck to you. I am on my 7th cycle of clomid/metformin and hoping for a BFP this month

Good luck this month Reedsgirl! I'm not sure what metformin is? Is the metformin for the luteal phase or the clomid? I have only got 3 months worth as I am just trying clomid out whilst on the waiting list for IVF. I suggested taking clomid whilst I am waiting to my doctor and he agreed. I have another fs appointment on April 14th. Am sooooo hoping the clomid works as IVF sounds horrid. I'm so sure I can manage it naturally with just a little bit of help! It's good that I'm feeling positive as have felt hopeless now for such a long time. I'm sure positivity can only help - though I'm just dreading the letdown if none of these treatements work.

Morning everyone! Well I finally got my positive OPK this morning- and when I say positive I mean POSITIVE!! :thumbup: It is loads better than last months- it's about 3 shades darker than the control line! Woooohooo!! The clomid worked again! :happydance: (shame I didn't think it would and went and got a tiny bit drunk last night! :blush:)

Here it is... it even looks dark on a picture (we know they always look lighter on photos) - although not as dark as it is in real life...

https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p170/louise540056/Mobile%20Uploads/21022010244.jpg

:dance: wtg lou now get down to the BD! thats a sure fire possitive xx

Thanks Kissy! I am so happy! I felt so down yesterday- I was so sure it hadn't worked this month! I've got quite a bit of EWCM appearing too- more than I've ever had before (still not loads though) :happydance:

I didn't get chance to come on here yesterday- I was out most of the day- did I miss anything? Any signs with you Kissy? Anyone else?

we got another bfp on here yesterday ...

nothing to report really with me just clomid side effects startin to kick in ... got sore throat on a morning again and lots of lower back ache n a few side pains n lots on cwcm xx

Well i have just started 3rd round of clomid, hope it works this time 3rd time lucky. Good luck ladies lots of baby dust.

i hope so lou ... i normally have none unless i get my pretend ovulation's hehe .. but after ovulation was suspected the following day this rather thick pasty cm started and today its continued into a the cwcm ... who knows maybe i'm in with a chance this month! ...

dancinkaty got her bfp xx

Yay!! Let's hope we both do it this month!!

Did you get a positive OPK in the end? Or did you give up on them?

i ran out in the end but the last 1 i did was fainter that the 1 thought was possitive n was done using 2pm wee .... i'm calling the docs in the morning to get for blood test wednesday so will no by friday hopefully or a week monday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->