clomid club

welcome Nat. Hope your stay is short and sweet. So sorry about your losses xxx

Hi Nat...sorry for your losses hun :hugs: I hope you wait flies by.

Lou, can you call the nurse and see what he/she thinks? Maybe they can advise you or move your test back a few days?

Okay girls. I am sure that some of you have a lot more experience with Clomid than I do. I have been off birth control for just over a year and I was just BDing like normal and waiting to see what happened and nothing...so my doc put me on clomid last cycle. I got pos. opk's seven days in a row and then I stopped testing..does anyone else have any experience with this? Is it normal to have an lh surge so many days on clomid?

Tysonnme...I am a tubal reversal patient and I did have a prenancy in Oct that unfortunatly was a chemical and we had talked about doing one the month I got the BFP...then he said that showed everything was working fine do said I didn't need it...but this was also the same doc who has had me on clomid for 7 cycles with no montoring at all!! So we will see..

Nate so so sorry for you loss. Welcome and hope your stay with us is short!!

bbdreams what days are you on clomid?? What days did you start testing with your opk? And did you know that clomid can gave you a false poisitive if you test to soon?? GOod lucK..

How is everyone today ladies??

i use a fertility monitor and i had less high days than what i normally get, think clomid affects people differently.

i'm 6 dpo today and have been getting little pains where my ovaries are, i know kissy has mentioned this, i'm trying not to get too hopeful, i just really want a bfp!! hubby is trying to be positive, but i just keep getting really negative all the time and feeling tearful - do you think this is still the clomid?

thanks

xx

Yes it very well could be..clomid is to stimulate your ovaried to produce your egg...or I think..where is NurseKel when we need her?? LOL She can probably answer better than I can but I think I am correct

bbdreams what days are you on clomid?? What days did you start testing with your opk? And did you know that clomid can gave you a false poisitive if you test to soon?? GOod lucK..

I am supposed to be on clomid days 3-7, but I forgot to get the med yesterday on CD3 so the doc said I should go ahead and take it CD4-8. Last month I started testing on CD10 and didn't get a real positive until CD17-23... it could have been pos longer than that but I stopped testing. I know that testing so soon can give a false pos, but i didn't think that it should effect cd17. Idk. Before taking BC my periods were always 28 days, but they have been all over the place since I stopped taking it. This last cycle was 30 days and the closes to a normal period I have had in a couple years before this last one I had bleeding between periods every month... Well, sorry ladies I am just rambling now as I do not want to overwhelm DH with all of this and I have no one else to share with.

reedsgirl...that is odd to be on Clomid so long without any help from the doctor...I thought you were only supposed to be on it for 6 months...you would think that after 2-3 months they'd start monitoring you...can you ask to be monitored? Are you seeing an GYN or RE?

bb...I hope this is you month, but honestly I have no clue about + OPKs over several days. Do you have PCOS?

I am supposed to be on clomid days 3-7, but I forgot to get the med yesterday on CD3 so the doc said I should go ahead and take it CD4-8. Last month I started testing on CD10 and didn't get a real positive until CD17-23... it could have been pos longer than that but I stopped testing. I know that testing so soon can give a false pos, but i didn't think that it should effect cd17. Idk. Before taking BC my periods were always 28 days, but they have been all over the place since I stopped taking it. This last cycle was 30 days and the closes to a normal period I have had in a couple years before this last one I had bleeding between periods every month... Well, sorry ladies I am just rambling now as I do not want to overwhelm DH with all of this and I have no one else to share with.

Ramble away sweetie that is what we are here for!! I would think that far past your last pill you should be safe to say that the test should be accurate. What kind of opks are using?? I am sorry your having a rough go. Can you maybe call your doc and ask him if its possible to have that kind of surge? Are you doing bbt?? I know I am guilty of not doing bbt and I do the opk only they only detect the surge but that doesn't garauntee we OV..it is all so overwhelming!!

Ramble away sweetie that is what we are here for!! I would think that far past your last pill you should be safe to say that the test should be accurate. What kind of opks are using?? I am sorry your having a rough go. Can you maybe call your doc and ask him if its possible to have that kind of surge? Are you doing bbt?? I know I am guilty of not doing bbt and I do the opk only they only detect the surge but that doesn't garauntee we OV..it is all so overwhelming!!

I was using first response opks not digital. I did call the doc and she wasn't in, but the nurse said that it is possible to have a surge that long and she wasn't concerned about it at all. I just wish I could have talked to the actual doc. I have been trying to do bbt, but every morning I forget and am up and about before I remember. Hopefully I will start remembering to do bbt and I will get a clearer pic of what is going on. Also, someone asked if I had PCOS and to my knowledge I do not... would the doc be able to see if I had that from a regular exam?

reedsgirl...that is odd to be on Clomid so long without any help from the doctor...I thought you were only supposed to be on it for 6 months...you would think that after 2-3 months they'd start monitoring you...can you ask to be monitored? Are you seeing an GYN or RE?

bb...I hope this is you month, but honestly I have no clue about + OPKs over several days. Do you have PCOS?

Just a GYN...have to wait a year of ttc before I can be referred to a RE...which is right around the corner.

I was using first response opks not digital. I did call the doc and she wasn't in, but the nurse said that it is possible to have a surge that long and she wasn't concerned about it at all. I just wish I could have talked to the actual doc. I have been trying to do bbt, but every morning I forget and am up and about before I remember. Hopefully I will start remembering to do bbt and I will get a clearer pic of what is going on. Also, someone asked if I had PCOS and to my knowledge I do not... would the doc be able to see if I had that from a regular exam?

I am not sure about the PCOS..I think there is test that they do to confirm it. To be honest I had no luck with the fr opk or the answer the only ones that I have had luck with are the ic cheapies from earlypregnancytest.com. Hope that helps!! God bless dear

Morning girls- well my temperature has only gone up slightly this morning- so I think I might be out this month :cry:

F hasn't given me a coverline though which doesn't help when trying to figure my temps out!!

Hi Lou - maybe you just are delayed? If I have ovulated this month, it was day 20 but when I used to ovulate regularly it was sometimes even later than this. Plus, isn't there a 'slow rise' pattern in some women after ovulating? x

I'mm hoping it is just a slow rise Megs and that I go up tomorrow. I have an appt with my Ob Gyn in the morning (it's been brought forward from April)- he will just double my dosage if I'm not showing ovulation! But I ovulated fine on 50mg last month- I actually ovulated on CD14 last cycle! I'm hoping I know by my temp in the morning so I can tell him for definite whether I have and can then beg for my CD21 blood test to be moved to a later day (supposed to have the blood test on Friday)

Hi Girls not been in for awhile been posting in other places.

Just had a read through and seems like theres alot of people in the same boat as me and im hoping someone will be able to help.

I dont do temps or opks (too stressfull and have disturbed sleep every night so temps wounldnt be good)
I had my second scan yesterday and had a follicle at 20mm which they say is ready to pop. They told me to bd today and friday and thats it. But i have worked it out from last month and i shouldnt ovulate til saturday so i think i should bd on saturday and sunday aswel?? I have been having really bad cramps in the left side for about 3 days now but only watery cm. I explained this to the clinic yesterday and they said ovulation is about to happen.
If i was to do an opk now would it show anything or would it be pointless cause i havent done any the rest of the month?

Hope all you girls are well and march will be our month for BFP.

Tysonnme to confirm PCOS your doc needs to do bloods and maybe an internal scan to look at the overies for cyst. It might not show up straight away so they need to keep testing. It took 2 years to diagnose me properly.
Have you got any of the side affects of pcos??

baby dust to all of you xxx

:dust:

Hi Vickylou - I would give opks a go if I were you. I've never had success with them at all until this month when I randomly did one and it was positive. It might help indicate where you're at (although you could miss it - don't be discouraged if you don't get a positive, I've only had 1 before and that was a few days back)

I had pcos diagnosed on my second scan. I don't have any side effects from it other than no periods.

Hope this helps! x

Thanks for the reply megs. I will look into getting some more strips as ust noticed the ones i have are out of date. Hopefully ill get a positive.

Thanks again xx

Hi Girls not been in for awhile been posting in other places.

Just had a read through and seems like theres alot of people in the same boat as me and im hoping someone will be able to help.

I dont do temps or opks (too stressfull and have disturbed sleep every night so temps wounldnt be good)
I had my second scan yesterday and had a follicle at 20mm which they say is ready to pop. They told me to bd today and friday and thats it. But i have worked it out from last month and i shouldnt ovulate til saturday so i think i should bd on saturday and sunday aswel?? I have been having really bad cramps in the left side for about 3 days now but only watery cm. I explained this to the clinic yesterday and they said ovulation is about to happen.
If i was to do an opk now would it show anything or would it be pointless cause i havent done any the rest of the month?

Hope all you girls are well and march will be our month for BFP.

Tysonnme to confirm PCOS your doc needs to do bloods and maybe an internal scan to look at the overies for cyst. It might not show up straight away so they need to keep testing. It took 2 years to diagnose me properly.
Have you got any of the side affects of pcos??

baby dust to all of you xxx

:dust:

Hi vickylou
when i had my scans one of my follicles was 14mm and the nurse i spoke to said that you usually ovulate when the follicle is 18-20mm so it looks like yours is ready to burst!! why not bd sat and sun anyway just for fun! ttc takes all the fun out of it in my opinion

xx

Hey VickyLou...I don't have PCOS. I think I was replying to someone else who thought they might have PCOS. I would give OPKs a try...unlike BBT, you don't really need to do them all month long. From personal experience, it is best to do them 2 or 3 timesa day to catch your surge. I caught mine at 10:30 at night this month. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->