clomid club

Hi Ladies, Can i join you? I had my first appointment with my very nice FS last Thursday, He has put me though for a lap and dye which will take plan this time next month. He is then going to put me on Clomid for a couple of months!! I am so excited. Does anyone know how you get Clomid, does the FS give it to you or do you pick it from the pharmacy? I assume that he will have to see me to explain the results?? I have another question for you lovely ladies, how do you know that you have not ovulated? Is it possible to get a posotive opk and not ovulate?

I have really enjoyed reading all your posts and i wish you all the luck in the world babydust to each and everyone of you xx

Hi Yomo- I think I recognise you from another thread???? Are you in the Softcups thread too??

To answer your questions:- The FS will give you a prescription and then you can collect the Clomid from the hospital pharmacy. As for ovulating OPKs will tell you that your body is gearing up to ovulate, but not that you have. The only way to tell if you actually DID ovulate is by your temperature chart or a 21 day blood test

Welcome to the Clomid Club xxx

Hi Yomo- I think I recognise you from another thread???? Are you in the Softcups thread too??

To answer your questions:- The FS will give you a prescription and then you can collect the Clomid from the hospital pharmacy. As for ovulating OPKs will tell you that your body is gearing up to ovulate, but not that you have. The only way to tell if you actually DID ovulate is by your temperature chart or a 21 day blood test

Welcome to the Clomid Club xxx

Hi,

Thanks for the answers, Yes I am in the softcups thread. I have been temping but I have given this month a miss as I was getting far to stressed with it all.As far as i know I am ovulating. Got a posotive internet cheapie hpt last month which screwed my head up as it was a faulty one. Hope you don't mind me asking but why have they put you on Clomid? Can it help you if you are ovulating naturally?

xx

Well I have never ovulated naturally so I am on it to help me ovulate. I am on my third cycle and it worked and made me ovulate cycle 1 and 2- so hoping it does the same this time.

I think it is supposed to help if you ovulate naturally too- it is supposed to make the eggs better quality and bigger I think. Makes your ovulation stronger. If they put you on it you will be given blood tests on Cd21 of each month to check you are ovulating and that your progesterone levels are ok.

Good luck and welcome xxx

Yeah spotting that the word I was looking for hahaha! My brain is mush today - Spent 5 hours putting our new bed together. I am shattered! But it was totally worth it!
Thanks for the info on the medicine, I shall purchase some tomorrow then Im covered for everything cm wise this cycle!
Oh my, your ticker is heading that way isnt it?? How strange this clomid is! Just keep bd to make sure that egg is caught ok! xxx

Yeah I am- no way am I letting OH off the hook incase it has happened early!!

Has the spotting stopped then? How much was there?

Hahaha Has your started complaining yet???? Last month mine said he felt like a machine hahaha
Well I only noticed it after going to the loo, and wiped and there was a little, not much, almost like at the very end of AF, and then again about 5 hours later, just checked again now (tmi! haha) and nothing! xxx Odd very odd xxx

That is odd- maybe it's just AF starting slowly! :wacko:

It's me who finds the TTC BDing difficult not him! I find it really hard to be so regimented with it all!

I Know what you mean.....After all our hard work last month of eating this and taking that, then the extremely sexy (not|) preseed applicators hahaha Then legs up. To find out I'd not ov was horrific! I do solemly swear that I shalt not obsess this cycle and I shall make sure DH is nice and chilled out this time hahaha It was not very sexy baby making last month!

I know I'm trying to make it better this cycle- but it so hard not to think "what day is it?" "do I need preseed?" and saying things like "move then OH so I can put my Softcup in" etc.... :haha:

I know I'm trying to make it better this cycle- but it so hard not to think "what day is it?" "do I need preseed?" and saying things like "move then OH so I can put my Softcup in" etc.... :haha:

Ha ha or I can't sit on it don't want all the men to fall out! lol

When you think about it surely it's a turn off for them at times, My OH says you only want me when it's that time of the month. I have kept it a secret from him this month so he don't feel as bad.:haha:

Hahaha At least we're all in the same boat hey girls! Im not at the extremes that some go to yet tho...I read one story of someone who's hubby said no more so she agreed to leave ttc, secretly monitored her temps and then dtd on top with him around ov......Then, excuse what Im about to say.....Got herself happy in the shower to "pull the boys up" hahahaha Credit to her she got her BFP!!!!!!

evening ladies
how are we all today, sorry i haven't been on for a while been very stressful week or so
hope you are all keeping well,xx

me and my fella bd everday to be on the safe side hi hedge how you keeping xx :) xx

evening ladies
how are we all today, sorry i haven't been on for a while been very stressful week or so
hope you are all keeping well,xx

Hello Darling....How the hell have you been??? Doing good I hope!
Im ok, just trying to work out whether AF is coming or not......Provera one tho :cry: :thumbup:

hey girls, not too bad but not too good either, the way things look at the min the hospital can't decide if its an ectopic or not? had my levels done for the last few days and they are rising, 96. 293,753,1618 and then had a scan today.
ok so i went for the scan but it was a different girl who did it today rather than sylvia who i have been under for the last 3 years, she has been through it all with us but is off this week, so i get a different girl who to be perfectly honest couldn't be arsed! she said she thinks she can see a GS but isn't sure, also if it is its about 3mm (for my gestation it should be at least 6mm) which means its not growing as it should but i should be grateful i got a positive pregnancy test and stop moaning as most women don't even get that, talk about making me feel like shit! she then said "well at least you're prepared" when i asked about ectopic and my levels...........no reassurance nothing!!
so i was obviously in tears at this. so i have to go back monday for another scan but i only got that because i lost the plot and kicked off as i was first given an appointment for in 3 weeks time!! i have a"cysty" left ovary and thats all she was interested in? whenever i tried asking her anything she just kept saying "well at least you got a positive test....."so i tried to explain to her that after what we have been through we are obviously very anxious but her response was," i can't see why"?????????????????
so she said she was going to see a doctor to see what they thought but then said as there was a waiting room full of people she didn't have time and i would be fine but if i have any pain to contact them on monday.
so i then went to see another doc for my Graves Disease and the nurse walked up to me who used to do antenatal when i was pg with LM and she says, " oh my god look at you, you had the baby, come on then where is she, oh i bet she's lovely, is she in the waiting room?" i don't need to explain what happened then really do i, i was in tears and everything just came out. poor woman, you could see she just wanted the earth to swallow her up and i also wanted it to swallow me up too.

Oh hun! What a terrible time you had........Im pretty sure that nurse will be thinking of you right now and having her fx for this time round. What a horrid little shit the scan girl was tho. God I really hate some of these "Professionals! They're not at all! xxx

oh crikey Hedge you've had a bloody hideous day. And that scan woman sounds VILE! What a bitch! I know we all get a bit samey samey in our jobs, i know, i work for the emergency services and sometimes dredging up empathy is a struggle, but that's no sodding excuse for insensitivity. Bloody people get on your wick. As for the other poor woman - what a horrid scenario. But there is no way of avoiding it presumably, short of wearing an enormous sign. Must be so hard for you.... :hugs:

oh dear hedge!
Sending hugs your way huni! Sounds like you had a really bad time.
FX for you huni!
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"