clomid club

I think with clomid we have as good a chance as anyone else to be honest, that is also what my gp told me and that is what I am clinging on to lol It is so hard not to 100% believe that its going to work the first time and hard to take when it does not but the success rates show that it can work as quick as round 1 or as late as round 6 or later still, guess its just a case of staying positive and hopeful, that has to be half the battle! positive thinking...
taking your temps will help as it gives you something visual to track and obssess over! :)

gutted! cd21 blood test result 2!! better than my less than 1 last month though lol:cry:

:hugs: At least the results are a bit better, 3rd time lucky!

Are you temping at all, not that it will improve your results, but will give you a bit more of an insight as to what your body is doing and will help you cope a little better maybe? that is what I found when i started temping last month, just gave me a different perspective and helped me to talk to my gp about things...

i am not having bloods done just rely on my temps to tell me what is happening..

I think with clomid we have as good a chance as anyone else to be honest, that is also what my gp told me and that is what I am clinging on to lol It is so hard not to 100% believe that its going to work the first time and hard to take when it does not but the success rates show that it can work as quick as round 1 or as late as round 6 or later still, guess its just a case of staying positive and hopeful, that has to be half the battle! positive thinking...
taking your temps will help as it gives you something visual to track and obssess over! :)

Pasteljay and Kiki, I completely agree, very hard not to get our hopes up, especially when the clomid does seem to boost the eggs and your ovulating...I've been feeling more cynical since I got my bfn last cycle, but I'm trying to keep my chin up and see what happens this cycle. I haven't been able to find stats on clomid working with us late 30;s/early 40's crowd either- and I've been looking because I don't want to have false beliefs.

I did my first trigger shot last night. It was scary but in the end very amusing to inject myself as it was actually no big deal- didn't hurt or bleed or anything!

Megg- welcome! We're at about the same place in our cycles (I'm at cd12). Good luck this round everyone!

gutted! cd21 blood test result 2!! better than my less than 1 last month though lol:cry:

I'm really sorry about this result! Are you going to see your fs about it? If this is the second month now surely they should be doing something?

Kiki, i will be venturing over to the journals soon so i can become an official stalker!

I have a baseline scan tomorrow before they will start my next round of Clomid. I hope it goes well. Otherwise, I will have to wait a month or so.

Good luck bizy, hope it goes well :hugs:

Milliemoo, lol, it will be full of nonsense rambling I am sure! come stalk away :)

good luck today bizybee! Let us know what the doctor says.

I had my IUI this morning after a trigger shot on Tuesday night. They said DH's motile sperm count was 11.5- the nurse said this was good and anything over 5 was fine, but it sounds low. Anyone know about this?

Hoping this is the month!

Hey Bklyn,
How exciting you are at this point.
I don't know about sperm motility numbers but if anything over 5 is considered good then 11.5 sounds great, doesn't it? What worries you about it?
xoxox
RR

I'm with RR, if they said anything over 5 was good then that seems pretty good!
Good luck Brooklyn!

I don't really know a lot about IUI. What is it and why do they use clomid with it?

Thanks ladies. My question comes from trying to plan bd-ing with the IUI. Both times I've had the IUI we had sex about 36 hours before...just to be safe in case I ovulated before the IUI (I know, I'm being paranoid, but after going through taking clomid, I don't want to miss my fertile period!)...anyway, I was wondering if the sperm count might mean that we should refrain for longer before the IUI...I think you're right though- if they said 11.5 was fine, then I'll take it at face value.

Milliemoo- The IUI is something they suggested for me, probably because I have unexplained infertility. It's intra uterine insemination, so they wash the sperm and then they put it inside the uterus on the day of ovulation. It just eliminates a few steps in the conception process that could be the problem for us unexplained folks. So it has a slightly higher success rate than clomid with timed intercourse.

Has anyone not had a period after 1st round of clomid? Now on day 33 and nothing. Took test BFN. Don't think i O'd but not had a period for over 8 yrs due to Depo. I have read a bit about provera if i went back to my doc do you think they would prescribe it so i can get af and start 2nd round of clomid? x

Sorry to hear that Emily, I just saw your post. :hugs:

Good luck with IUI Brooklyn!

Claire, sometimes AF is delayed with Clomid but I would call the Dr. if it doesn't arrive within a few days.

Had my scan today. I will find out the results tomorrow. (I know they saw follicles, many small but one large. I'm not sure how that will affect my treatment). I'll keep you posted.

good luck bizybee hope you get the result you need! Will they give you a jab to realease an egg?

Hope all you girls are getting on ok! Im having a bad time of it all keep feeling like a failure as a women lol i know i shouldnt, but ive got it all sorted out in my mind and going to carry on with a positive head!

Good luck with IUI Brooklyn, sounds like a good step forward..

Bizy, fingers x you get good results today, 1 large egg is good, it only needs the 1!!!!

:dust: :dust: all round for September...

Thanks for explaining that brooklyn! Good luck with it!

Bizy, i hope it comes back with good results!

I'm starting to feel something now, maybe the start of ovulation for me hopefully! It looks like my temperature is doing what it did last month so if it follows last months pattern it just needs to fall a bit again over the next few days before it rises again! I really hope that's what its doing!

Temps looking good for ov millie f'xd crossed any day now!

hey girlies how we all feeling positive and hopeful i hope.

claire alot of girls on clomid ovulate late my 1st month cd17, 2nd cd22 and this time cd17, did you pinpoint your ovulation? maybe you ovulated late hence wny af hasnt visited.
well i'm feeling hopeful been doing the deed not too much but not too much been using pre seed too. i had the most awful ovulation pains though wednesday night i was literally doubled up they were both sides and very crampy right round to my back which not sure is normal but i'll take it as a good sign

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->