Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Haha well English is my first (and only) language. I understood exactly what you meant.

That's fair enough. It's strange that she doesn't do them though. But here, my OB and midwife don't do the scans. I go to a clinic where they do MRIs, ultrasounds and other things like that. If you've seen the baby at 16 weeks it makes sense. Is your next one at 28 weeks? Mine's booked in for the 12th June.

It's so exciting to be able to think of the baby and a girl/boy. Both our nub guesses were correct!

Sometimes if your placenta is in an unusual position it can make it more difficult to feel movement, but your OB would have mentioned that. I read that most FTMs don't feel movements until about 18-19 weeks. I think I just have a crazy baby which is why I felt it so early haha. At my OB appointment (I was 22 weeks) she said I should have definitely felt movements by then (which I had).. And as I type he's kicking the laptop haha.

Panadol is a pretty standard painkiller here. It's safe to take in pregnancy. It's not amazing but it helps with some things, like headaches etc.

Have you noticed your appetite has increased?

TTC, are you having a 20 week scan? And will you find out the gender then?

English is my second language, I only use it at work with clients, other than that my first and home language is Afrikaans - very similar to both German and Dutch which I both understand.

My OB has her own practice and dont work at the hospital, so she can do the scans and everything at her office up until a certain point. Most other OBs work at the hospital and use hospital equipment. My next scan is 21 June on 20 weeks, I have appointments every 4 weeks until 28 weeks (I will have 2 then, the normal one at my OB and the 4D scan at the hospital) after then I go every 2 weeks.

She said my placenta looks good en sits in the right place, thats why she was surprised that I didnt feel any obvious kicks. However I did think I felt her earlier this morning, I usually just get a lot of gas later in the day (thank you IBS).

I woke up at 3am this morning and felt so hungry lol, when I got up for work at 4:30 I went to the fridge to get something to eat, so I am definitely more hungry :D

Wow, so many tests & options. I have some reading up to do!

I have no idea why my SIl didn't find out the gender when she had that test. She is 38 so she got it to test for abnormalities, and they were umming and ahhing about finding out for a while but decided to leave it as a surprise.

I just couldn't leave it, I'd have to know ASAP hah.

Sarah, had to have a giggle at your DH making whale noises at you :haha:

Sheece, I am the same, I just had to find out the gender :D

And MR Google is your friend, I went and read up what happened at each appointment so I am prepared, I just couldnt get any info on the 16 week appointment, as it seems like its only in South Africa that you get one lol

Nita I'm just so excited for you! I had a friend that was told boy at 16 weeks but then it ended up girl so your ob must be right! Also I had a 16 week checkup yesterday. In the US it's generally 8 weeks (if you have history of loss), 12 weeks, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36 then weekly till baby is born.

Sheece I'm glad everything seems to be going so well for you!

Sarah, I'm sorry you're sick again!

I did have a checkup, no scan, yesterday. Baby still has a strong heartbeat and I've started feeling a few movements even with my anterior placenta! My next scan is 18 weeks. They'll be doing the anatomy scan if possible and maybe I'll find out what we're having. I'm more anxious to know everything looks good and I truly don't care either way. My hubby doesn't want to wait till birth so we're finding out but I just am anxious that all looks well.

Learning another language is really tricky! Neither my DH or I speak another language. At school we learn a bit of Maori but it's not compulsory.

Sheece, I think in other countries they tend to have more scans that we get. Except maybe in Canada? My friend just moved back from there (they were there for a year) and she only had 1 routine scan at 20 weeks and 1 extra because she was in a minor car crash. She's due in a few weeks and her back here midwife has got her to do another scan next week.

You probably have felt kicks Nita, they do feel a bit like gas. Sometimes I feel them even now and freak out thinking I'm getting a tummy bug.. then I remember I'm just getting my insides kicked haha.

Haha between weeks 15-20ish I woke up almost every morning at 3am because I was hungry. Now I only wake up once a week or so being hungry. I've been having terrible leg cramps though. I wake up screaming. The other morning my DH thought I was having a contraction haha. I've started taking magnesium but I think it's too early to know if that's helping.

Sheece, it can seem really overwhelming! They explain everything pretty clearly. I figured I'd try not to worry too much about what was happening later on. Especially in the first trimester when I was feeling like death. I saw my midwife at 10 weeks, 14 weeks, 18 weeks, 22 weeks, 25 weeks and I'll be seeing her 29 weeks and 31 weeks (that's all I've got booked in at the moment, but they start weekly after that I think). I definitely couldn't wait to find out the gender! I had a scan at 7 weeks (most people don't), 12 weeks for NT, 20 weeks for growth and I'll be having a few more in the third trimester because of Lupus.

My tummy seems to be growing overnight at the moment. I found a photo of my bump at 15 weeks and there was no bump. I'll try upload the photos for comparison.

Not great photos, but here's 11 weeks of bump growth

https://tinypic.com/r/2dugrch/9

Ugh I don't know if that's working. If you can see it let me know, otherwise I'll try again.

It's not working! I want to see your bump! I still need to post one!

Annoying. Hopefully this works

I want to see your bump TTC!!

I caught a quick glympse of your bump Sarah, but then the website started to give me adz and ask me too download something lol. I prefer to just upload straight to the BnB page. Your bump are really growing now. :D

According one of my apps my boobs should start to grow now and feel itchy, eh, they are a few weeks behind.

Ttc, cant wait to see your bump... Mine still looks the same as my last photo, I lost some weight too with the stomach virus this weekend.

We bought our first outfit today :D eeeeeek so much excitement.

Do you ladies think its too soon to announce her name to everyone? We have decided her name will be Liezl, and it mean Oath of God <3

Congratulations love. I don't mean to put a dampener on things but you can still get a positive test for some time after a MC. When I had mine I was in a thread with women who were getting BFPs 6 weeks after their MC. I hope this is the real deal but if you haven't been to the doctor to check it might be a good idea.

Nita, not sure why that happened. I've never had any luck uploading straight the site.

We aren't saying the name until after he's born. People will always have an opinion and dislike it so we will just wait. But your choice :)

I wish it was that case Sarah but I tracked my levels back down to 2 when I miscarried & even took a FRER to see if anything would show. I feel so bad but I don't feel any connection right now, more than likely bc I'm terrified

That's good! Sorry I didn't want to be downer but I would hate to get excited and it turned of to be lingering hormones.

Don't feel bad, you are protecting yourself. I was the same. When I fell pregnant the first time I initially had a bond and felt like I had to protect that baby. This time, I really protected myself and didn't want to be hurt if it didn't turn out. I didn't feel the way I expected I would and if I'm honest, I still feel slightly detached at 26 weeks. What you're feeling is normal, don't be hard on yourself.

Welcome back Love, hope it works out for you this time! :hugs:

Love, there are lots of stories of successful pregnancies straight after MCs.

DH's away for 2 weeks again. He's going to miss our antenatal classes :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->