Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Welcome Piper, feel free to stay and chat. I'm second trimester but was in the TTC board with a few of these ladies. Congrats on your pregnancy. Do you know what you're having?

Nita, I'm sorry things have been so rough. I can't believe how quickly your appointment has come around. I was looking at your ticker the other day and couldn't believe you already have a peanut M&M! Growing so fast.

I text my midwife to tell her that I vomited and failed the test and she said "oh no, I hope you're ok now. We will have to look at repeating the test". But I've spoken to my sister in law who is a midwife and she said its early to be testing and really I'm not at huge risk of GD so ask for the Polycose (just 1 hour and no fasting) rather than the GTT.

My bump seems to have grown overnight and I love it. Last night the baby was moving so much. DH still can't feel the movements though.

Going baby shopping after work with mum!

Thanks Sarah & TTC - there is also a stomach bug in the air again, so I feel about 10 times worse today. I am hopeful that my OB will me that there is something that I can take to make it better, but I also know they usually give antibiotics which I can't take. I am taking a Probiotic too which I hope will help. Think I will have some ginger again tonight to help my stomach stop a bit, even just for a few hours again.

I am so happy to hear about your bump Sarah - have you started wearing maternity clothes yet?

Sarah I hope you had fun baby shopping!!!! You're almost halfway!

Nita your appointment is soon right???? Good luck!

Hi ladies, just an update after my appointment. Baby is meassuring about what it should, nice strong heartbeat, doctor didnt tell me how fast though. And she is giving me progesterone until I am 12 weeks, she says its just for incase, as clomid can mess with my hormones, especially the dose I took. She did a pap smear as well, which hurt a lot, and I have some bleeding now, but she said it had to be done. But all in all, we are happy with the progress and cant wait for our next scan at 12 weeks.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-03-27-17-35-33.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2017-03-27-17-35-33.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5
Yay so exciting Nita!! Your chance of a miscarriage has dropped heaps by hearing the heartbeat. I hope you enjoyed it and can relax a little!

Yup, I've been wearing maternity jeans since about week 13. It was weird, my old jeans didn't fit then but around week 14-15 they did because my uterus moved up. Now I don't even bother with my old jeans my bump has become quite obvious.

I also worked out why I keep waking in the middle of the night. It's because I'm hungry! I woke up this morning at 4am and ate some cereal and went straight back to sleep.

And mum and I had a great time shopping. We have heaps of baby stuff now. It's so exciting. Crazy to think I'm nearly half way!! So exciting :)

Thanks TTc and Sarah, it was amazing to see the heartbeat and to see our little monkey move (my OB actually waited for little one to move so we can see it)

Totally jealous at your Bump @sarah, I have lost enough weight so I cant even see my bloat bump anymore. With the added Progesterone it does feel like I am becoming comstipated again lol, so might have a bloat bump soon again.

So happy you had fun baby shopping. We are trying to wait until 12 weeks, but my father in law is already looking at camp cots, and my fingers are itching to start buying things and getting the baby room ready.

How exciting. We saw ours move at 7 weeks too. It looked like a sea monkey haha. It started to feel a lot more real after the scan.

Your bump will come! I lost about 10lb initially and now I'm about 3lb heavier than I was when I conceived. You'll get your bump really soon! It's hard to wait for it. But unless I'm wearing tight tops or the wind blows my top back I can still hide it pretty well. I'm glad I didn't need progesterone, hopefully it's not like provera!

Haha yes we waited until after 12 weeks to go shopping. I was so scared about a MMC that I wasn't going to buy anything until after that scan. Now I've gone a little bit crazy haha.

Nita the progesterone constipates me too. It's not horrible just annoying. I drink prune juice when I'm not too sick and it really helps. The discharge isn't bad (you're doing vaginal?) and side effects are very mild. I hope you find it to be as tolerable as I have.

Sarah how fun!!!!! You're getting to the super exciting part! Are you finding out boy or girl? What do you think you're having?

Nita what do you think? I assume boy since that's what I'm used to, but I feel totally different. Im craving milk like crazy. And only like popsicles.

The Progesterone is a lot like Provera, just a bit worse, and I am not taking it once every day for 10 days, but twice everyday for 30 days. I am takimg it orally, thats how my OB prescribed it. The side effects only last 3 hours though, it makes me sleepy and extremely dizzy, but I now take it at 7pm and 2am so I get the side effects when I sleep. Fatique is also way worse, as can be expected from Prog and my boobs are 10 times more sore especially the few hours after I take it. Really cant wait for the 30 days to go by quickly, on day 3 already atleast.

Ttc, lots of boys in our families, so we feel this moght be a boy too. However we wont mind if its a boy though.

TTC, I'm so excited! We will be finding out if it's a boy or a girl. I feel like it's a boy but I really don't know. I'm hoping it's a boy because I have bought some clothes, mostly gender neutral but more boyish than girlie haha.

Nita, that sucks! Provera is the worst. I'm glad you're taking it at night time and can sleep through the side effects.

P.S. for anyone following the other thread, I do not think we should have to hide our tickers or signatures. We have been through infertility, medications, stress and tests and deserve to be happy and share our news. I understand it's hard for those who are still TTC to see but when they also get their BFPs, we will be happy for them too.

TTC, I'm so excited! We will be finding out if it's a boy or a girl. I feel like it's a boy but I really don't know. I'm hoping it's a boy because I have bought some clothes, mostly gender neutral but more boyish than girlie haha.

Nita, that sucks! Provera is the worst. I'm glad you're taking it at night time and can sleep through the side effects.

P.S. for anyone following the other thread, I do not think we should have to hide our tickers or signatures. We have been through infertility, medications, stress and tests and deserve to be happy and share our news. I understand it's hard for those who are still TTC to see but when they also get their BFPs, we will be happy for them too.

Big thumbs up for this post! Thank you - after all we have been through we should not be hiding our happiness. Everyone will get their chance and I am sure they will feel the same way when they get here :hugs:

I do feel bad if it's hurting anyone over there. I am just sad too because it's not like we haven't been through hell and I think it's easy to forget that. Every day i still worry and am so unsure after all of my losses so I was maybe more active than usually would've been because I know full well I have a good dang chance of ending up right back there at any time.
I do hate if it hurts people.

TTC - I understand that it may hurt them but both Sarah and I have struggled to get pregnant for a long time. I feel that both of us had our fair share of Clomid, Provera, ttc stress and Hellova long cycles. However, a miracle happened to us, and even though I also worry about baby every day, asking me to hide it just isn't fair. I feel like I can help others with the same problem (not ovulating and needing Clomid) - and I do want too, as I also needed that 6 months ago. Nonetheless, I have decided not to post there any further, as I don't want to upset anyone. I just hope the women who needs help on there, get the answers they need. :hugs:

Wow...talk about insensitivity. Ladies - we ARE happy for you. It's not about resentment, or envy or jealousy. We are hurting from our own struggles and losses. I don't think it's appropriate to be sharing your pregnancy status and ultrasound photos in a ttc/infertility thread days after one of the active members has miscarried. It's simply in bad taste. Sarah - have you already forgotten the pain you experienced with your early loss? The private message you sent me asking how on earth you could get through it? Or talking about how difficult it is being a teacher of young children while experiencing struggles conceiving? Nita - have you forgotten your sentiments about hearing about everyone else's pregnancies while you were ttc and how that was painful for you? I'm sure it's easy to forget but please try to be sensitive.

I am sorry you feel that way ask, however, this thread is open to anyone to read, so we truly didnt gossip. I havent forgotten the pain of strugling, however, I am not going to keep holding on to it. I was purely updatting the other thread to help other ladies who are worried about multiples and progesterone, yes I changed my photo to my U/s (I wasnt sharing it on there however) because its the most amzing moment for me. Asking me to hide my pregnancy just because I want to help others, is very insensitive and I am sorry you feel that way, but honestly, I too have lost respect for some ladies in your thread, especially those wanting me to hide my pregnancy. I wish you all the best, but I wont participate in your thread any longer.

Wow...talk about insensitivity. Ladies - we ARE happy for you. It's not about resentment, or envy or jealousy. We are hurting from our own struggles and losses. I don't think it's appropriate to be sharing your pregnancy status and ultrasound photos in a ttc/infertility thread days after one of the active members has miscarried. It's simply in bad taste. Sarah - have you already forgotten the pain you experienced with your early loss? The private message you sent me asking how on earth you could get through it? Or talking about how difficult it is being a teacher of young children while experiencing struggles conceiving? Nita - have you forgotten your sentiments about hearing about everyone else's pregnancies while you were ttc and how that was painful for you? I'm sure it's easy to forget but please get off of your high horse. And gossiping about it in another thread? Come on. I've lost a lot of respect.

Nita and Sarah, I am a little sad to read this too.. I mean, I am happy for you, but have you forgotten what it was like already? :nope: I mean, if you already forgot, maybe that is a good thing.. Not saying you should go around feeling bad.. all that was suggested was to maybe use a spoiler on your ticker.. because it is hard to see peoples "baby sizes" when one has, like the two of you, tried for a long looong time.. I don't know you in real life, but I didn't think you would forget how hard it was when ttc....

Ladies, it hurts everyone when you fight, even those of us just watching from the "New Posts" section. Be kind and understanding to each other.

Ask, I think you (and anyone else in your position) need to take responsibility for protecting yourself. The Clomid thread is in the regular TTC board. It is NOT in a clearly marked safe space. Start a thread over in Assisted Conception or LTTTC with clear rules for sharing BFP/scans/etc if you need a proper safe space.

From another perspective, I found miscarriage stories deeply upsetting when I was newly pregnant because my mother had 10+ angels before I stuck, and I really appreciated the forum I was using requiring "trigger warnings" on those posts.

Nore, as I have said in my previous comment, I have not forgotton but refuse to hold onto it, I will enjoy every moment of my pregnancy, and I believe I am entitled to do so. I have removed my subscription to the other thread, as my posts are clearly upsetting. I wish you however the best and I am sure you will all get your BFP soon, and I hope you do :D

And how far does this go? If you were all friends in real life, would you stop seeing each other to avoid the bump? If you did decide to stop seeing a pregnant friend, it would be YOUR decision made to protect YOU and you would not expect your friend to decide on her own to stop letting you see her bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->