Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

This thread is very quiet now, but I'll ask anyway..

I'm due to start femara next cycle. when I was given the prescription I was told I'd go in for day 12 scan and then injections. not quite sure how it all works but I thought I'd get all my info at the day 12 scan..

now I have had a letter from the hospital saying they no longer do the day 12 scan and that I've to take the femara for 6 cycles, only getting bloods checked on day 21/28 to check for ovulation,
so now I feel like I won't be getting the full benefit of the femara treatment

also I think they should be scanning me cos they told me last time I had thin lining.

I don't know if femara will fix this by itself

also this cycle sucks as its day 36 and not even any sign of O. its my first natural cycle after clomid.

Femera is an alternative to clomid BUT it does not thin lining. Do you know if you hav thin lining apn your owner was it caused by clomid.?

Mine was caused by clomid, I changed to femera and m lining was fine!

I've no idea. at my last appointment she was looking thru my notes and told me my lining was 4mm but that scan was from Jan, the appointment was in May with no scans in between. were you monitored on femara?

This thread is very quiet now, but I'll ask anyway..

I'm due to start femara next cycle. when I was given the prescription I was told I'd go in for day 12 scan and then injections. not quite sure how it all works but I thought I'd get all my info at the day 12 scan..

now I have had a letter from the hospital saying they no longer do the day 12 scan and that I've to take the femara for 6 cycles, only getting bloods checked on day 21/28 to check for ovulation,
so now I feel like I won't be getting the full benefit of the femara treatment

also I think they should be scanning me cos they told me last time I had thin lining.

I don't know if femara will fix this by itself

also this cycle sucks as its day 36 and not even any sign of O. its my first natural cycle after clomid.

Femera is an alternative to clomid BUT it does not thin lining. Do you know if you hav thin lining apn your owner was it caused by clomid.?

Mine was caused by clomid, I changed to femera and m lining was fine!

Hi Breaking Dawn. How are you girly? Haven't chatted with you for a while.How is everything going for you? Are you still doing IUI's?

yea they told me to take motrin or ibuprofen before hand so that's what I will do. I had a colposcopy done and that made me cramp some but nothing I couldn't bear. My AF cramps are usualy horrible!!! Good luck this cycle Rebandy

How many cycles of clomid is this for you?

I did two cycles of Clomid and then took two cycles off, so this will be my third. But I ovulate regularly on my own so I'm not sure if it is even doing anything for me.

I ovulate on my own too. With 50 mg I have 5 eggs with 100 mg I had 11 eggs so it gave me more eggs and better quality so it's def doing something for you.

Yay that's what I'm hoping, I'm not being monitored tho so that is as bummer, my Dr will probably up my dose when I finish what I have, I just think there must be another problem if we aren't getting pregnant even with extra eggs.

I thought that exact same thing and come to find out there was a problem they found with surgery. Hopefully this month is your cycle! If not upping the dose should help!

I had the hsg and it was all clear. I'm sure the next step would be a lap&dye but they won't do those at the military base I live on. We are moving next year and I will probably have to wait that long. Unless I see a Japanese Dr. Which we haven't decided yet. I just finally took my 3rd round of Clomid in June. I didn't track my O at all because I'm trying to de-stress this whole thing. We just bd as much as we could during the O week. My period is due today. No spotting yet but sore boobs and light cramping. I hate the day of and the day before my period, that is when my hope is the highest.

When do you plan on testing since you were due today?

Still no AF and I haven't tested yet. I am so afraid. I am currently on CD 32, my longest cycle ever was 31 days. So I have been telling myself that if I make it till tomorrow morning without AF showing up I will test. I am not exactly sure how many dpo I am because I didn't track at all. I always O between CD 11&16. But I am scared that Clomid delayed my O and that's why I am late. I should have kept track of O but with trying as long I have it has gotten stressful to track it every month.

I am having light cramps and sore boobs. I had a tiny tiny bit of pink when I checked my cp this morning but that could have been me poking it. I have felt like AF could show any moment for about 5 days now.

Finally got AF so start Letrozole tomorrow..

fingers crossed.

Laurabe...my clinic monitors on any meds. so yes I was monitored on femera. It gave me no lining issues.

Elle..hi hun!!!!!!

So good to "see" you. Things are going...just ended iui #3 with a bfn. :(

I noticed you status updates that you also had 3 iui bfns...and now break until ivf.

Can I ask how you made the decision to move to ivf?

I started meds for iui #4 bc i dont see my Dr until next week and didn't want to waste a month. However I think he is going to recommend ivf. But I just don't know if that's right for me.

How do you know?

DH has no issues. I have small follies which is resolved with femera. We did get a bfp on our own with good old fashioned BD. But it was a chemical bc of the small follie.

I just feel like we can do it without ivf. I'm so confused

hi

I got a letter from the IVF clinic saying they will send me an appointment. I'm only on my first cycle of femara so praying it doesn't come to that

my O time confused me this cycle tho. on CD13 I had what felt like O pains and my nipples really sensitive afterwards. that's usually what happens when I O but all my OPKs were neg.

then I got pos OPK (clear blue digi ) on CD16. have had no O pain or no sensitive nips or anything that resembles O. from what I understand its difficult to get a false pos on a digi one so we BD plenty anyway

I got my cd 21 bloods drawn today and they came back at 38.44 the highest I've ever gone. Also scheduled a consult for IVF October 1st.

hi I'm on 2nd round letrozole waiting to ovualte. how u getting on?

Hi laurabe

How is femera treating you? I found it so much better for side effects then clomid.

I'm 6dpo on IUI #5. We are doing an injectables only cycle bc for the past 4 IUIs with femera/puregon I only got one good follie. My dr suggested to try this. We also talked about ivf....bc in all the the time with the re we've never had one bfp so it's frustrating.

We had really good follies and super sperm count. So I'm feeling like this is as good as we're gonna get on an IUI.

Fx to you!! Keep me posted....would love to see you get your IUI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->