Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

I have thin lining and have to have an HSG then start femara. Feel like 6 rounds of clomid has been a complete waste of time :( guess it explains why I've had chemicals

Sorry to hear that. I am currently off of my clomid and have been for 3 cycles now going into the 4th if AF shows next week. Anyways, i have a dr appt to check a cyst before I can restart the clomid and my appt isn't until may 28th. It sucks I know and once I do start I too have to go in for a HSG. I'm happy though because at least this dr is trying to do something and I will be 40 in August so time is a ticking for me.

I wish you luck and sorry about the clomid not working but I hear Femera is better for you. :flower:

Fingers crossed for femara but will probs be July before I can start, so I have a few weeks too relax apart from the HSG which scares me a little eeek.

laurab- don't be scared. I have a friend who had this procedure done and she said it wasn't that bad. I am having it done later this month too once I start my AF.

I'm actually a little excited to have it done because I've had endometriosis for years and my dr said that it can cause your tubes to be scarred or non functional so hopefully this will clear any mysteries of that.

I had the hsg in Dec and it hurt me worse then my usual period cramps. Take ibuprofen before hand. But it was nice knowing your results instantly.

AF got me yesterday so 3 days till I start Clomid again

yea they told me to take motrin or ibuprofen before hand so that's what I will do. I had a colposcopy done and that made me cramp some but nothing I couldn't bear. My AF cramps are usualy horrible!!! Good luck this cycle Rebandy

How many cycles of clomid is this for you?

yea they told me to take motrin or ibuprofen before hand so that's what I will do. I had a colposcopy done and that made me cramp some but nothing I couldn't bear. My AF cramps are usualy horrible!!! Good luck this cycle Rebandy

Ive had colposcopy before, is it just similar to that then? I've to phone on Day 1 of my next cycle to get booked in for some day between CD7-11. they told me to take aspirin or ibuprofen, think thats why im nervous cos they mention taking pain relief beforehand lol

I did two cycles of Clomid and then took two cycles off, so this will be my third. But I ovulate regularly on my own so I'm not sure if it is even doing anything for me.

I did two cycles of Clomid and then took two cycles off, so this will be my third. But I ovulate regularly on my own so I'm not sure if it is even doing anything for me.

I ovulate on my own too. With 50 mg I have 5 eggs with 100 mg I had 11 eggs so it gave me more eggs and better quality so it's def doing something for you.

I ovulate on my own too. With 50 mg I have 5 eggs with 100 mg I had 11 eggs so it gave me more eggs and better quality so it's def doing something for you.

Yay that's what I'm hoping, I'm not being monitored tho so that is as bummer, my Dr will probably up my dose when I finish what I have, I just think there must be another problem if we aren't getting pregnant even with extra eggs.

HI ladies. Just checking in here..

Have my appointment thru for my HSG on Tuesday. EEK dont know why but i feel so scared

If thats all clear then i'll start femara next cycle.

Hey laurabe

Haven't seen you in a while,

Do NOT worry about the HSG....it felt like a pap but with more cramping bc of the fluid they flush into your uterus.

The reason they recommend Advil is bc if that cramping...

Having said that I've heard from women who have blocked tubes that the HSG is painful experience....bc the fluid is trying to get thru the blocked tubes....so lots of cramps.

Fx your tubes are fine and the procedure is a breeze!!!!

I'm hoping my tubes are fine I've had 3 chemicals so I think its possibly cos of my thin lining. hoping the femara will help with that, but they say they must do the HSG before I can proceed thanks for reassurance, I'm a big wimp sometimes lol

Hi ladies. I have not been on very much recently but figured I'd give an update. Not trying in June seemed like forever and was very hard. I have my post op surgery doctor appt tomorrow morning. I'm on a liquid only diet for 24 hours and have to do a bowel prep :/ shoot me now lol. My surgery is scheduled Tuesday at 8:30. I'm getting a lap and dye, hsg, d&c and chromotubation. I am super nervous about the anesthesia and pain afterwards. But am excited to finally get answers after 6 failed clomid cycles and 1 failed iui. Praying we get the go ahead to try in July! I have to take a week off work after surgery so that stinks! If we conceive in July well have an April baby and DH and my birthdays are both in April! Fingers crossed. Good luck to all of you ladies still waiting. Prayers sent!

my HSG was clear and now I'm starting femara next cycle. started drinking raspberry lead tea, im told it helps the uterine lining so fingers crossed. would be a dream come true if we managed to get a BFP this cycle au naturale with no meds

This thread is very quiet now, but I'll ask anyway..

I'm due to start femara next cycle. when I was given the prescription I was told I'd go in for day 12 scan and then injections. not quite sure how it all works but I thought I'd get all my info at the day 12 scan..

now I have had a letter from the hospital saying they no longer do the day 12 scan and that I've to take the femara for 6 cycles, only getting bloods checked on day 21/28 to check for ovulation,
so now I feel like I won't be getting the full benefit of the femara treatment

also I think they should be scanning me cos they told me last time I had thin lining.

I don't know if femara will fix this by itself

also this cycle sucks as its day 36 and not even any sign of O. its my first natural cycle after clomid.

Yay that's what I'm hoping, I'm not being monitored tho so that is as bummer, my Dr will probably up my dose when I finish what I have, I just think there must be another problem if we aren't getting pregnant even with extra eggs.

I thought that exact same thing and come to find out there was a problem they found with surgery. Hopefully this month is your cycle! If not upping the dose should help!

I thought that exact same thing and come to find out there was a problem they found with surgery. Hopefully this month is your cycle! If not upping the dose should help!

I had the hsg and it was all clear. I'm sure the next step would be a lap&dye but they won't do those at the military base I live on. We are moving next year and I will probably have to wait that long. Unless I see a Japanese Dr. Which we haven't decided yet. I just finally took my 3rd round of Clomid in June. I didn't track my O at all because I'm trying to de-stress this whole thing. We just bd as much as we could during the O week. My period is due today. No spotting yet but sore boobs and light cramping. I hate the day of and the day before my period, that is when my hope is the highest.

I had the hsg and it was all clear. I'm sure the next step would be a lap&dye but they won't do those at the military base I live on. We are moving next year and I will probably have to wait that long. Unless I see a Japanese Dr. Which we haven't decided yet. I just finally took my 3rd round of Clomid in June. I didn't track my O at all because I'm trying to de-stress this whole thing. We just bd as much as we could during the O week. My period is due today. No spotting yet but sore boobs and light cramping. I hate the day of and the day before my period, that is when my hope is the highest.

When do you plan on testing since you were due today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->