Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Hi there, I'm new here but hope you don't mind me joining. I just had my 21 cd progesterone check and it was a whopping .04. .04! I'm not ovulating. So my doctor wants to switch me to lezitrole/femara next cycle.

I'm down. And scared I'll never have a baby. But I'm trying to convince myself maybe 2012 was just not meant to be. Here's to 2013! But in the meantime - let's hope this period doesn't take forever to get here. :/

welcome bearface21 :) I see this is your first post to BnB! The ladies here are wonderful, so I hope that this forum is as helpful for you as it has been for me! Sorry to hear that youre CD21 test showed you were not ovulating. Is it possible that you ovulate later in the cycle? Have you been temping or anything like that to see if you are ovulating?

Hello bear :hi:

I agree with Starlight - it's entirely possible you ovulate later in your cycle. I just had a rant about this on another thread, lol :) A day 21 test is a useful starting-off point, but if it's not followed up with weekly tests then they can't know. I've been told a million times I don't ovulate, but because I chart I know that I do. Before I started clomid I ovulated from CD30 onwards, so there was no way I was ever going to get a positive result. What are your cycles like, are they fairly regular?

Smiler - how are you doing? Where are you at in your TWW now and when are you planning to test? :)

I'm okay...am 13dpo today, AF due tomorrow or Thursday. I really don't know! I feel a bit crampy and stuff so I reckon I'm out. But if AF doesn't show I will test on Friday.

How are you? How many dpo are you?

bearface and horseypants! i find this a delightful combo and ew i am not being pervy with that. welcome, bearface! what smiler said. i ovulate earlier too...... how long are your cycles, generally?

i've been playing phone tag with my doctor about my slightly elevated prolactin and tsh. grr!

Wow starlight - that's quite the follicle!!!! Hopefully u get a bfp with that this cycle!

I'm doing well....just really busy with work!!

smiler - i hope that AF stays away. have my FX for you! I took at look at your chart and it is looking good :) I am a measly 2-3dpo right now...hahah. Have a while to go...

horseypants - hope you are able to get your doctor soon! i always have a hard time getting a hold of my doctor's office and it can be very frustrating!

breaking dawn - i hope that we get our bfps this cycle, just need to be patient for a little bit longer! yesterday crawled for me but today is going by a bit quicker :) that's great you're busy at work, it must help the time fly by!!

yikes - i just got back my cd3 blood test results and have slightly high prolactin and tsh. if anyone can shed any light, please come to my journal <3

breaking dawn - definitely helps having a buddy :) My TWW only just started and I am already going stir crazy - I've hardly done any work today, LOL. I think that is a good plan to go for the blood test and if you get the BFP results you can wait and you can tell your DH on xmas! Or you may be so excited you give your DH an early xmas pressie, in which I am certain he'd be thrilled either way. FX!

ready2Bmum - that is great that your flow started and that you can take your clomid! I guess you are doing D2-6, 50mg this cycle? :) I also take my clomid at night as I find it lessens the side effects. Main ones for me were hot flashes (so sometimes at night I would wake up from them, but it wasn't too bad). I hope that you have minimal or no side effects! fantastic that things are moving along!!

Yep, thats exactly it. cd2-6 50mg. I dont fully understand why people take it different days. Someone else explained that its less eggs/better quality Vs more eggs/less quality. I presume better quality is best. Not sure what it means for me doing cd2-6. Ive just had dinner. Im going to wait about half an hour and take it. (its 8:30pm here) fx no little or no side effects.

Hi ready2Bmum!! I just finished up my first round of clomid this past Friday! Good luck. I also took my pills at night thanks to the suggestion of all the lovely ladies on this thread! I only felt nauseous one night... other than that a little more tired than usual but I'm thankful that's about it!

A question for anyone who wants to answer-- what was your CD21 progesterone level before going on clomid?? Mine was a 4. I'm just wondering if this 50mg of clomid is going to even make me ovulate? I guess I wont' know for sure until I go for my blood test... FX.

breaking dawn - i hope that we get our bfps this cycle, just need to be patient for a little bit longer! yesterday crawled for me but today is going by a bit quicker :) that's great you're busy at work, it must help the time fly by!!

Yes, really hoping for a bfp right before the holidays :dance:

Time is flying by this cycle...can't believe I'm on 5dpo. I've got super busy weekend its gonna fly by!

ElleT613, mine was around a 4 too :) fingers crossed we both o this time. I'm on cd13 and waiting....... normally i dont o till around cd19, so we will see!

ElleT613, mine was around a 4 too :) fingers crossed we both o this time. I'm on cd13 and waiting....... normally i dont o till around cd19, so we will see!

This is perfect I'm on cd 13 today!! So glad I found you!! My opk's are sad looking thus far, lol.

Elle, do you chart? How long are your cycles normally? I should correct myself, it looks like I'm cd14. My opks have been looking the same since af left! No change yet! I am really hoping to o soon - if I did on cd16, it would be the start of a miracle ;)

I'm okay...am 13dpo today, AF due tomorrow or Thursday. I really don't know! I feel a bit crampy and stuff so I reckon I'm out. But if AF doesn't show I will test on Friday.

Don't count yourself out yet! I got my BFP at 15dpo. I waited to test until the day after AF was due because I was cramping. My cramps weren't as bad as when AF comes, but they were definitely there. Good luck when you test! :dust:

Welcome to the new ladies!

Good luck Elle and horsey! I hope you both ovulate very soon!

Don't count yourself out yet! I got my BFP at 15dpo. I waited to test until the day after AF was due because I was cramping. My cramps weren't as bad as when AF comes, but they were definitely there. Good luck when you test! :dust:

Thank you kerrbear! My cramps are also not quite as bad as AF - usually once they arrive they hang around. But they are coming and going at the moment so I don't know. Trying not to get hopes up but it's hard the longer you go without seeing any spotting or anything. I've been caught out before though, AF arrived 16dpo instead of the usual 14 or 15.

Please can i ask u ladies? What cd did u ovulate on with clomid?
Thanks im cd12 and waiting to see if i o xxx

Mrs Broodypant my 1st cycle I didn't o til CD31 (50mg) Cycle 2 and 3 (100mg) I o'd on CD16 both times. I was taking mine days 2-6. HTH x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->