Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

tiatammy-yay for positive OPK!!! now time for the TWW which I hope zooms by for you!

sara - thrilled for you that you got confirmation you ovulated!!! :)

Mrs Elsie - sorry to hear that you may not have ovulated this cycle. hope you have better luck with 150 mg. I am on my third cycle and just did 150 mg myself, and it seemed to be the best dosage for me so far!

ready2bemum - welcome and good luck on your first cycle of clomid!! have you started the clomid yet or still waiting for a proper flow?

R9chel - sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: sorry I can't really help with your spotting questions as I haven't experienced much spotting since I have been on clomid - that is not to say that it is uncommon though! have talked ot your doctor about it?

Breaking Dawn - YAY for being done ovulating! What DPO are you now? Have you thought about when you will test?

Smiler82 & horseypants - how are you both doing?? :)

AFM - I am CD17 today and FINALLY ovulated!!! :) I went in for a scan today and the tenichian confirmed that I O'd over the weekend. this is definitely the earliest that I have ever O'd, so looks like 150mg did the trick! My folly sizes have been a bit all over the place - first cycle was 25mm, second was 22mm, and third was 28mm before ovulating. So am officially into the TWW now!

Glad to hear you ovulated early! Good luck with the TWW. When will you be testing?

thanks kerrbear! Hmm...I think that I will try to hold out till Dec 22nd to test (that would be around 13/14 dpo)! When did you test and get your BFP? How are you feeling these days? :)

I tested at 15dpo. I'm nauseuous, vomited for the first time today. I have heartburn almost all the time. And my boobs are so freaking sore! Lol. But besides that, I'm really good!

Welcome new ladies! R9chel, ninnyone12 and ready2Bmum, you have been added to our list on post 1 :) Sorry for your loss R9chel, I know it isn't easy.

Yes, I've had spotting on Clomid - not sure why though. This cycle seems to be ok.

And I have been so moody too! With hotflashes, sweatiness at ngiht and then freezing coldness at other times lol. I hope that means it is working.

Yay starlight, so happy you o-ed early! :dance:

Me - I just found out my TSH and prolactin levels were a little high on my cd3 tests and I am freaking out. Has anyone had any experience with these things? Eeeek!

Kerrbear, I'm excited for you

MrsElsi & Smiler and all the ladies <3

Starlight - I am 3/4 dpo today. AF is due approx Dec21(14/15dpo)..my dr wants me to come in on Dec20 for a bloodtest. Before he asked, I was thinking to wait until Dec23 to test.

I kinda still want to wait it out and not do the bloodtest...but I don't know now...

horseypants - sorry i don't have much experience with what you're mentioning. for me, my testosterone levels were a bit high but the doctor said that it was not a big deal. has your doctor given you some feedback on what they were thinking?

breaking dawn - I think that I will be testing around Dec 22 or so, so we'll be testing about at the same time :) As for yoru blood test, I think if the doctor wants to have it done, you should go for it. the blood test also is a lot more sensitive than the HPTs, so it will pick things up earlier!

horseypants - sorry i don't have much experience with what you're mentioning. for me, my testosterone levels were a bit high but the doctor said that it was not a big deal. has your doctor given you some feedback on what they were thinking?

breaking dawn - I think that I will be testing around Dec 22 or so, so we'll be testing about at the same time :) As for yoru blood test, I think if the doctor wants to have it done, you should go for it. the blood test also is a lot more sensitive than the HPTs, so it will pick things up earlier!

Great - I'l have a buddy to get me through this tww...glad we are testing at the same time. Not surprised as we've had identical cycles!

One of the reasons I wanted to skip the bloodtest is bc if its a bfp (Fx) DH will know I'm getting a test...and my clinic calls same day with HCG results. I was hoping to gibe him a xmas gift with a bfp if it happens.

But I guess I still could...if I do get a bfp from the clinic I could say I didn't find out bc they are understaffed/busy cause of holidays.
LOL

I am trying NOT to symptoms spot - how's it going for u?

Starlight2012 - delighted to hear you O'd. I hope you have a quick tww! :hugs: My flow finally started yesterday. So first clomid pill tonight. (I read somewhere on here that taking them at night lessens the side effects so Im going to try that!) Also having cd3 bloods taken in the morning. Very happy things are moving along :happydance:

horseypants
- thanks for adding me to the list :hugs: Im also on round one :thumbup:

breaking dawn - definitely helps having a buddy :) My TWW only just started and I am already going stir crazy - I've hardly done any work today, LOL. I think that is a good plan to go for the blood test and if you get the BFP results you can wait and you can tell your DH on xmas! Or you may be so excited you give your DH an early xmas pressie, in which I am certain he'd be thrilled either way. FX!

ready2Bmum - that is great that your flow started and that you can take your clomid! I guess you are doing D2-6, 50mg this cycle? :) I also take my clomid at night as I find it lessens the side effects. Main ones for me were hot flashes (so sometimes at night I would wake up from them, but it wasn't too bad). I hope that you have minimal or no side effects! fantastic that things are moving along!!

breaking dawn - definitely helps having a buddy :) My TWW only just started and I am already going stir crazy - I've hardly done any work today, LOL. I think that is a good plan to go for the blood test and if you get the BFP results you can wait and you can tell your DH on xmas! Or you may be so excited you give your DH an early xmas pressie, in which I am certain he'd be thrilled either way. FX!

ready2Bmum - that is great that your flow started and that you can take your clomid! I guess you are doing D2-6, 50mg this cycle? :) I also take my clomid at night as I find it lessens the side effects. Main ones for me were hot flashes (so sometimes at night I would wake up from them, but it wasn't too bad). I hope that you have minimal or no side effects! fantastic that things are moving along!!

I KNOW what you mean, last month I was not very productive during the TWW and then I got AF. So iv been telling myself this month leading up to Oday that I don't want to do that again...so far I'm good. I come on here to chat but no googling "2dpo xyz symptom is bfp". LOL

Gosh..I sound crazy!

When/how will you tell your OH?

LOL, I am definitely on the same page as you. Coming onto BnB to chat and distract myself :) I also will avoid symptom spotting so we can do that together! You don't sound crazy at all - sounds totally normal to me!!

Hmmm, I had been thinking the other day about how I would tell my DH and after thinking of all these grand or fun things I could do, I realized that it is most likely that I will be overly excited and not be able to contain myself and would just tell him as soon as he got home and likely would throw the positive test at him, lol, LOL. now who sounds crazy??

Yep, thats exactly it. cd2-6 50mg. I dont fully understand why people take it different days. Someone else explained that its less eggs/better quality Vs more eggs/less quality. I presume better quality is best. Not sure what it means for me doing cd2-6. Ive just had dinner. Im going to wait about half an hour and take it. (its 8:30pm here) fx no little or no side effects.

Ive come up with (what I think is) a great plan to tell my OH. I have bought a card with little booties on the front of it. Its a card to him from the baby saying they cant wait to meet him in 9 months. signed "your baby in mommy's tummy". I already have it stashed away for when the day comes. VERY cheesy I know, But i love cheesy things like that :haha:

Starlight - its true, the excitemnt of the BFP can overrule all other plans. That happened to me in october (bfp but it was chemical), we were NTNP bc in 3 weeks we had first clinic appt. I was 3 days late with AF (very unusual for me), I had one hpt at home - and thought let me take this so ican tell the dr I'm having AF issues now too (and no bfp)..lol well I got a light 2nd line. Ended up walking out of the bathroom with the test speechless and holding it out to DH and pointing at it - LOL. I know what my first reaction is now, so maybe I'll be able to surprise him!!

Ready2B - that's a cute idea!

With respect to clomid dosage days...it depends on your fertility issues..and what your dr thinks ...the dose amount and the timeline on the first round is really a baseline to see "how does this work". I don't thinnk there are rules: if u have this...then this is your dose! And I think that makes sense bc fertility + infertility is not an exact science.

Me - I just found out my TSH and prolactin levels were a little high on my cd3 tests and I am freaking out. Has anyone had any experience with these things? Eeeek!

Horseypants I don't have elevated thyroid thingies but when they were investigating me for PCOS they found out my prolactin levels were on the high side. I had an MRI scan to check the size of my pituitary gland, as if it's really enlarged it can be a problem. Thankfully they said mine was a tiny bit bigger than normal, but nothing to worry about. Also they said not to worry about the prolactin levels being a bit high.

This was all diagnosed a couple of years before I ever fell pregnant, so you can still get pregnant with higher prolactin levels. The thing with higher prolactin levels is that it can delay/disrupt ovulation though, so for me having PCOS too is a double-whammy!!

I don't know what they might want to do about it, it depends how high your levels are. There are things you can take to try and lower them, but best to ask as I don't know how they could affect the clomid.

ready2Bmum- any side effects after your first clomid pill or you doing ok? :) hopefully if you had any you just slept through it! i love your idea with the card from the baby - so cute!

breaking dawn- i am sure you'll be able to hold it in and surprise your DH!

how is everyone doing today?

Hi!
I have PCOS and finished my first round of 50mg of Clomid on 12/2. I had an hsg on 12/3 and my midcycle appointment on 12/7 at CD12 and my follicles were 7mm or less. I’m going back tomorrow morning at CD17 to see if they’ve grown at all. Has anyone else experienced a growth this late in their cycle? I’m wondering if perhaps the Clomid just did not work and I won’t ovulate this month. Thanks for your thoughts!

CJDHappy - I am currently on my third round of clomid, and my first two cycles were similar to what you mentioned and I ovulated later in the cycle, so it is definitely possible you rae just ovulating a bit later this cycle. Other ladies here have also had experience with O'ing a bit later so not to worry :) Here is my experience:

Cycle 1 (50mg)- CD12: 9mm, CD20: 25mm, ovulated around CD21/22
Cycle 2 (100mg)- CD12: <8mm, CD23: 22mm, ovulated CD24
Cycle 3 (150mg) CD10: 21mm, CD14: 28mm, ovulated CD15/16

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back