Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Starlight- yup wasted no time buying, lol!! I figure I'll buy a bunch of the cheapie ones so I wont feel bad testing everyday, lol!! we are pretty close on cycles......so Lets hope this is our month.

Breaking Dawn - Ive never bought the cheapie ones...lol!! Im the girl that sends my husband to buy the Digital ones even when I have the First response ones at my house, so that if I was PG I would actually see the word "pregnant" instead of a line, lol!! LMAO, im a cheeseball, I know!!

And I also, have NO WILL POWER. And actually all this talking about taking tests is making me what to go test w/ one of my non cheapie ones! lol MAN......you really can never win!! lol

Murmers - Sorry the Witch AF got you! Its always so disapointing!!

Family First - Good luck on your first round

Puppymom - I wouldnt worry about missing the pill, as long as you took it right when you remembered or w/ your next dose. (FX) for you

Hey guys I see you're talking about the cheapie tests. I've been buying them in bulk since we started ttc for the exact reason that I can test as often as I like. However it makes me start testing at like 3/4dpo which is RIDICULOUS :haha:
Also this month I had MAJOR evap/indents on loads of them. I thought I had my bfp once or twice. So I've decided no more. Only full price tests from now on so il test less often and not get my hopes up.
That's just my input :)

Hey guys I see you're talking about the cheapie tests. I've been buying them in bulk since we started ttc for the exact reason that I can test as often as I like. However it makes me start testing at like 3/4dpo which is RIDICULOUS :haha:
Also this month I had MAJOR evap/indents on loads of them. I thought I had my bfp once or twice. So I've decided no more. Only full price tests from now on so il test less often and not get my hopes up.

Watch out for the first response tests. Those tests are guilty for indent lines and evaps.

so the cheapie tests gave you false positives? sorry, dont know what evap/indents is? Ive never taken the cheapie tests, so Is it something just with those?

First Response Early result has them also. It's an indent line that can look like a positive.

I actually go with the cheap dollar store tests because it's just the dye, no indent lines or anything. I have 3 of the clearblue easy pregnant or not pregnant saved up.

I always use the tests from the dollar general store. They keep them at the register and they are only $1! The dye is redish pink.

I always use the tests from the dollar general store. They keep them at the register and they are only $1! The dye is redish pink.

Yeah there's no mistaking whether you're pregnant or not with those.

Family1st - welcome!! good luck on your first round of monitored clomid :)

MrsElsie - haven't seen you around in a bit, how are you doing??

puppymom - on this cycle, i took a pill about 12 hours late as i also forgot, but it didn't seem to impact O, so likely that all is okay! what did you end up doing?

breaking dawn - seems like you are holding up pretty well through your TWW and you're halfway done already! i am hardly into my TWW and for some reason it is going by super slow this time around! usually i am more impatent for waiting to O then the TWW flies by but it doesn't seem that way this time so far. the weekend is almost here and i think that will help to distract and speed things up!!

laurabe - that's great that you've got 2 follies and hope that you O soon! are you using OPKs are going back for scans until you O?

sara - sorry i don't know much about progesterone levels. my doctor just tells me if the levels are good or not but never gives me the number! i am the same with testing - I always intend to wait until a missed AF, but test all the time and usually way to early, hahah. on that note I just ordered some tests from the online earlypreganancy store, and they are on their way to me now! in the past i had bought them from the drug store, but they are so expensive! ($20 for 2)

I'm using OPKs and they are progressively getting darker.. I think I will get my positive tomorrow. Other sign for me is my nipples starting to become sore.

so the cheapie tests gave you false positives? sorry, dont know what evap/indents is? Ive never taken the cheapie tests, so Is it something just with those?

Its not quiet a false positive. Just a mark where the positive line would be, or sometimes when the test dries there might be a bit of a line but its not pink. Basically make sure any line you see is the same thickness as the control line and it must have colour to be considered a positive. It can happen on any brand of tests but some are more prone than others. I didn't have this problem with the cheapies until this month. I changed supplier so maybe that was it.

Hi Mrselsie thx and yes I have regular cycles on point to the T. I even feel when I'm o'ing. I'm sorry about your miscarriages. I'm confused as to why clomid would do that. Is it because clomid releases premature eggs maybe. I'm concerned about that bcuz u wait so long for bfp then it results in miscarriage. It's s art but we have to stay positive. Good luck to us this cycle and to all the ladies fx

Hi Family1st - thats good about your cycles, it's so much easier when you know when ovulation happens - do remember that clomid can slightly change your timings apparently (wouldnt want you to miss your window!) Are you going to be monitored?

I dont think it was the clomid that caused the mcs, I think for me it is likely to be low progesterone so the egg doesnt implant properly (but that is what I think rather than what doc has told me). I have progesterone supplemenents for next time though so hoping I'm getting a step closer.

Take care x

Family1st - welcome!! good luck on your first round of monitored clomid :)

MrsElsie - haven't seen you around in a bit, how are you doing??

Hi Starlight

I'm ok thanks - find it hard to find time to post but I keep up with the forum.

I'm feeling quite smug as I had positive OPK on Thurs and managed to BD on Weds & Thurs (OK so not quite as much as some people but it only takes that one swimmer :spermy: - so I have millions of chances is the way i look at it!). And just to confirm it my temp went up this morning. This is a non clomid cycle so I'm now in my 2WW (although normally is only 9 days for me which is a slight problem :wacko:

My DH is likely to be away for the next possible round so I'm going to have to wait until March if this doesnt work.

How are you? You're in the 2WW too arent you? Hope you're doing ok x

Oops silly me - sorry Family1st you said in your first post that you were being monitored and then i asked if you were being monitored.... think I'm going a bit loopy, have fertility on the brain 24/7 but cant remember a think people have said!

Laurabe - hope you O soon!!

MrsElsie - fantastic you bd'd at prime times this week! Hope you catch that eggy :) I am 3 DPO right now so we are both close in our TWW! I am trying to keep myself distracted and super happy it is the weekend now!

Thanks starlight.. I've had 4 positive OPKs today. Used 4 different ones to be sure lol (poas crazy this cycle as waiting impatiently for O ) lol.

Fingers crossed for this cycle, bring on the 2ww..

Hello, I'm in the same boat! I finished my first round of clomid cd's 5-9 had my surge 7 days after. I have a sore lower pelvis pain on left side and also sweating. TTC for 4 1/2 years now. so I'm hopeful we all have great luck with clomid. I'm taking provera to induce AF, and Metformin daily. Good luck Ladies♥

By ladies! I have a question! My dr has me taking clomid on days 5-9 and she said day one starts when I have to use a tampon not the spotting the days before. I spootted very very lightly on Thursday and then a lil heavier on Friday. Friday night I used a pad because it was staining and I thought af would truly come over the night. Today I am heavy spotting but I'm still calling it spotting because it's brown. My period was due around the 10th so this is the right time for the spotting. Today I have been using tampons because I'm expecting AF. Should this be day one even though I havnt seen any red????

By ladies! I have a question! My dr has me taking clomid on days 5-9 and she said day one starts when I have to use a tampon not the spotting the days before. I spootted very very lightly on Thursday and then a lil heavier on Friday. Friday night I used a pad because it was staining and I thought af would truly come over the night. Today I am heavy spotting but I'm still calling it spotting because it's brown. My period was due around the 10th so this is the right time for the spotting. Today I have been using tampons because I'm expecting AF. Should this be day one even though I havnt seen any red????

It should be your first day of FLOW. So just bc you are wearing a tampon today doesn't mean today is full flow bc you don't have any red.

What your dr was implying by the tampon comment is that tampon is necessary bc of full flow.

I would wait.

My previous comment should have said "hi ladies" not by! I
Always full of typeos. I do everything from my phone and get to typing too fast!

Thanks breaking dawn!

Hi Mrselsie thx and yes I have regular cycles on point to the T. I even feel when I'm o'ing. I'm sorry about your miscarriages. I'm confused as to why clomid would do that. Is it because clomid releases premature eggs maybe. I'm concerned about that bcuz u wait so long for bfp then it results in miscarriage. It's s art but we have to stay positive. Good luck to us this cycle and to all the ladies fx

Hi Family1st - thats good about your cycles, it's so much easier when you know when ovulation happens - do remember that clomid can slightly change your timings apparently (wouldnt want you to miss your window!) Are you going to be monitored?

I dont think it was the clomid that caused the mcs, I think for me it is likely to be low progesterone so the egg doesnt implant properly (but that is what I think rather than what doc has told me). I have progesterone supplemenents for next time though so hoping I'm getting a step closer.

Take care x

Yes it's gonna be monitored, I'm not to happy about it possibly changing my cycles but what can I do.? I will be also testing for o and temping so I don't miss it O:)

Progesterone supplements should do the trick then. F'x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->