Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

welcome sara and all the new ladies! sara, sorry for the newb questions, but tell us a little bit about provera and metformin. i wonder if that should be on my list..... i did my first round of clomid and am on cd 25 with no sign of o yet!

Hey Horsey,

Well metformin is for my PCOS, I guess it is a insulin type thing, cause I am a bit on the heavy side. SO they give you that to help w/ the pcos.
The provera is a drug that yout ake for ten days and that kick starts your AF so you can get acurate U/S of cysts ( I guess ) so after I get AF I will go in on day 3 for cycle, and then day 5 start clomid 100mg

welcome sara and all the new ladies! sara, sorry for the newb questions, but tell us a little bit about provera and metformin. i wonder if that should be on my list..... i did my first round of clomid and am on cd 25 with no sign of o yet!

Hey Horsey,

Well metformin is for my PCOS, I guess it is a insulin type thing, cause I am a bit on the heavy side. SO they give you that to help w/ the pcos.
The provera is a drug that yout ake for ten days and that kick starts your AF so you can get acurate U/S of cysts ( I guess ) so after I get AF I will go in on day 3 for cycle, and then day 5 start clomid 100mg

sara your right metformin is used to treat pcos with insulin resistence which is what i have(i had been on it a month last year when i got my bfp) sadly it was ectopic:() i was on 2000mg a day and insulin plus other meds to help control the diabetes which does not help in ttc
i am now on a low glycemic diet and am off my meds the only thing that am taking is prednisone for possible rheumatoid arthritis and high blood pressure meds which i might be comming off as well

sara are they going to be keeping you on met if you get your bfp? i was told that as soon as i got a bfp i would be using insulin only but am hopping that i can keep it low and not use anything (one can dream)

afm last day of provera :happydance: now i need af to get here so that i can begin the clomid

Lucy, I hope she comes soon.

Sara, I'm heavy too, maybe I should ask then to test my insulin. I'm gonna see my doc at the end of November....

Smiler WOOP!!!!!!!

Yeah, I am still waiting :p but hey, the weekend is almost here at least. I can count on it too. lol

MrsElsie, I'm hoping my doc will up the dose to 100 next time too.

How was your HALloWeEN??

Smiler - exciting that you've O'd! :)

Lucy - hope your AF comes soon so that you can start your clomid journey.

Horseypants - I hope that you O sooon!!

AFM - had my D16 scan today and left follies are growing slowly but getting there - they are about 11-13mm, so hopefully will O within about a week!

LOL thanks Smiler! Have been BD-ing about every other day, so will try to keep that up! The weekends are always better for BD-ing because during the week DH and I are sometimes just tired after a long day at work - not sure if you ladies ever find that?

Yeah the weekends are generally better as there is more time to properly enjoy it :) However I have to say I'm blessed with a husband who is up for it no matter how tired he is. Even when he is ill he still wants to! I find though that it's quite nice to make love just before we go to sleep as it does actually chill me out; even if it's been a stressy day we just go to bed a little early, and afterwards we're both more relaxed and sleep better for it :D

zomg, im still grumpy butt. im sad cause i truly thought i'd be prego by now. yay smiler for o! starlight, fingers crossed for you. i'm so bummed out that when i start typing, i feel blah. love u guys though xo

:bunny: weekends are for :sex: like :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Hi all. I'm also using clomid. Waiting to poas, I'm 9dpo. Can someone pls help me with this, I posted as a thread but got not response:

I'm on my 1st round of clomid. I had hcg trigger on23rd of October and ovulated 24th (next day). Isn't the hcg supposed to tak effect 30 hours after ovulation, does that mean I ovulated b4 the hcg took effect. Will this affect my chances of being pregnant?

I have very sore nipples, I'm 9 Dpo (10 days after trigger). Is this an effect of hcg or early pg symptoms?

That it would be ok to post here, hope I'm not crashing. Thanks

I totally agree with you Smiler - after a long stressful day, it is great to BD before sleeping - definitely relaxes me to :)

Sorry to hear that you are feeling blah horseypants :hugs:

Hi Niyoo! I don't have any experiences with trigger shots, so sorry I can't help you there. Sore nipples can be from early pg, or could also be pre-AF symptoms, so may be a bit soon to tell, but fx for your BFP this cycle :)

Hi niyoo, welcome, I'm not sure about your question, but I think you will fit well in our group and I've added you to the top post as "waiting to test" :dust:

Hi Niyoo! I don't have any experiences with trigger shots, so sorry I can't help you there. Sore nipples can be from early pg, or could also be pre-AF symptoms, so may be a bit soon to tell, but fx for your BFP this cycle :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I never get sore nipples before AF, but who knows what clomid and hcg are doing to me!:shrug:

Niyoo, I'm not sure either - sounds like a good thing i say.

AghghghghghhHH!!! ladies! today I am so mad im not pregnant yet! :growlmad:

Oh it is sooo frustrating Horsey! It isn't fair that we aren't pregnant yet!

Niyoo - you'll be able to test soon and find out!

oh horseypants :hugs: :hugs: It really can drive you up the wall and beyond. Nothing I can really say to help but just vent, do get it all out of your system. We understand!

Niyoo, hello! Sorry I am going to add to the chorus of "I don't know". I haven't had hcg triggers either. How long have you been TTC? I wonder if you might get a more knowledgeable response from the ladies on the Long Term Trying To Conceive part of the forum as many of them have gone through a lot more processes than us. But do stay on this thread and keep chatting with us :)

Starlight I'm so pleased for you that you finally heard from your brothers, what a relief. Some of the images coming through are shocking aren't they. But yeah I totally agree there'll be a baby boom in 9 months' time! That's what happened when the credit crunch hit wasn't it, as people couldn't afford to go out :D

That is also great news your follies have done a u-turn Starlight :) Really hope it leads to O.

MrsElsie I don't know about doing it whilst on clomid, but I do read a lot of people on here using natural progesterone cream. It might be worth looking into it if you haven't already? I hope the 100mg does the trick, it certainly seems to have worked a lot better for me than the 50mg did.

horseypants did you get to ask anyone about increasing your dose too?

I don't want to be to 'woop-woopy' as I know a lot of ppl on here are feeling quite frustrated at the mo, but I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD16. Just need one more high temp tomorrow and FF should confirm. I have never ovulated this early, EVER. I really hope you all get to up your doses too xxx

Hey Smiler I think that news is definitely woop woopy! Really pleased for you, gives the rest of us hope that the clomid might work.

I'm in a weird (but nice) situation - for the first time ever I have been left on my own with a young (2 month old) baby overnight (my nephew) while my hubbie and his brother / sister in law go out to celebrate his brother's birthday. Am slightly nervous but he's sleeping next to me at the moment - so cute!!! Hope he behaves! Think I might try to bathe him a bit later - wish me luck!

I'm afraid I cant help with the trigger injection question either - but welcome to the thread :)

AghghghghghhHH!!! ladies! today I am so mad im not pregnant yet! :growlmad:
Horsey pants I'm so with you on that one. I'm actually getting mad when I see random pregnant women ITS NOT FAIR we deserve it too !!!!

Thanks for making feel welcome here! My name is on the 1st page, love it! :happydance:

I'm so worried now though, been having uterine cramps :nope:

Aww MrsElsie how did you get on with your nephew? How lovely to get to spend time with him like that, but also understand how it could feel a little strange caring for a baby when you want your own so much. I hope you had a good night together :)

Niyoo I've found that being on clomid I cramp after ovulation pretty much every day. How many dpo are you now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->