[CLOSED] ex-SMEP ladies waiting for lightening to strike.

Can I join in the fun here? We weren't able to REALLY fit the SMEP last month, but we are this month so far. Started a little earlier with the every other day (CD 5...we couldn't wait until CD 8 - thankfully I had a short period this month!).

We've opted against the 10 OPKs though. I keep track of all the biological signs and temping, so we're going with that. I have a few OPKs from last cycle that I'm using to verify (and got my first smiley yesterday). Praying this month we catch the egg...

Can I join in the fun here? We weren't able to REALLY fit the SMEP last month, but we are this month so far. Started a little earlier with the every other day (CD 5...we couldn't wait until CD 8 - thankfully I had a short period this month!).

We've opted against the 10 OPKs though. I keep track of all the biological signs and temping, so we're going with that. I have a few OPKs from last cycle that I'm using to verify (and got my first smiley yesterday). Praying this month we catch the egg...

Welcome Aboard ProfWife! And Happy New Year!

So with the smiley OPKs...do you need so many in a row? Or does the 1st smiley mean "get busy"? lol

I'm using just the cheap internet OPKs...so just waiting for the line to get darker.

I finally got my pos this morning! Let the real BDing begin. DH isn't gonna know what to do with himself when I throw myself at him for the next 3 nights!

I finally got my pos this morning! Let the real BDing begin. DH isn't gonna know what to do with himself when I throw myself at him for the next 3 nights!

Wooohooo! :happydance: Go get him girl! :rofl::dust:

The smiley usually means (for most people) that ovulation should happen within the next 48-72 hours. However, I've had several in a row and multiples separated by a few days. So, in reality, we are just using it to confirm what the EWCM and temperatures are telling me.

I'm planning on keeping going every night as long as I have EWCM until my temperature shifts. (He has no known issues, so we're operating off that idea.)

The smiley usually means (for most people) that ovulation should happen within the next 48-72 hours. However, I've had several in a row and multiples separated by a few days. So, in reality, we are just using it to confirm what the EWCM and temperatures are telling me.

I'm planning on keeping going every night as long as I have EWCM until my temperature shifts. (He has no known issues, so we're operating off that idea.)

Got it! Sounds like you have a good plan in place :thumbup: FX'd for you! :dust:

*pout* It looks like out of all my BnB pals I'm going to be the last one to OV :dohh: I wanna be in the 2ww with everyone else :brat::haha:

CD8 - no go
CD10 - nope, OPK-
CD11 - :thumbup:, OPK-
CD12 - :thumbup: (back on track), OPK-
CD13 - OPK- :coffee:

First of all, welcome! :wave:
Next, sounds like a good plan to me! I had my first pos OPK today, and mine say 24-36 hours, but I believe mine happens in 12 hours from the first pos, we'll see if my temp spikes tomorrow. :dust:

Got it! Sounds like you have a good plan in place :thumbup: FX'd for you! :dust:

*pout* It looks like out of all my BnB pals I'm going to be the last one to OV :dohh: I wanna be in the 2ww with everyone else :brat::haha:

I hope you get your positive OPK soon! Fx'd!!! I had a good number of negatives before I even started to get a faint line (9-11 were completely white and CD12 and CD13 barely had any lines at all), it actually progressed rather quickly. I hope the same happens for you! :hugs:

Hey guys do you mind if I join?? I have been thinking a out trying smep for a while now and always seem to have a trip or hubbie getting flu getting in the way of good pre -o bd'ing!! Well this month I am totally determined to get smep going - currently cd 1 so 7 days till action stations!!

Baby dust to you all sounds like you have good plans in place!! Talking about men and when they are in the mood.......hubbie and I bd'ed twice last night just because he felt like it.......why can that never happen during my fertile time!! I usually get a smiley opk the day that my hubbie has the worst day at work and its nearly impossible to get to bd!! Sod's law I guess!!

Nice to meet you all and baby dust to all. Xx

Welcome twinkletoe!
We always get plenty of BDing in, but just haven't caught eggy. Thought it was worth a shot. I'm unsure if we'll 100% succeed with the plan, since we went on CD14 and I got my pos OPK on CD15 so tonight is night 3 in a row. Not sure if I'll be able to convince him to go tomorrow too. Especially if work is tough. Tonight won't be a problem since it's his day off and we finally get to go on a date :D
Good luck to you and lots of :dust: to you as well!

Hey guys do you mind if I join?? I have been thinking a out trying smep for a while now and always seem to have a trip or hubbie getting flu getting in the way of good pre -o bd'ing!! Well this month I am totally determined to get smep going - currently cd 1 so 7 days till action stations!!

Baby dust to you all sounds like you have good plans in place!! Talking about men and when they are in the mood.......hubbie and I bd'ed twice last night just because he felt like it.......why can that never happen during my fertile time!! I usually get a smiley opk the day that my hubbie has the worst day at work and its nearly impossible to get to bd!! Sod's law I guess!!

Nice to meet you all and baby dust to all. Xx

Welcome twinkletoe! :hi:

Does you DH know you are trying to follow the SMEP plan or do you just try to seem spontaneous?

Thanks for the welcome guys!! No i dont think i will tell hubbie we are trying smep he will obviously guess its eggy time but I am not going to talk too much to him about it I think he just prefers to think I can't resist his hotness!! :) which of course I can't! ;-) what about you ladies have you shared "the plan" ? X

Thanks for the welcome guys!! No i dont think i will tell hubbie we are trying smep he will obviously guess its eggy time but I am not going to talk too much to him about it I think he just prefers to think I can't resist his hotness!! :) which of course I can't! ;-) what about you ladies have you shared "the plan" ? X

I so agree! I too prefer that he just thinks I can't resist him... which like you, I really can't resist him. Pretty much ever, but it's even worse around Ov time! I didn't share the plan with him, but I did warn him that I was going to need him for the next few days (I had my first pos OPK yesterday, so we got a few days in a row here now according to SMEP). Though we already have an "agreement" to BD at least every other day regardless of the time in the cycle.
I am also trying SoftCups this cycle, and I did not even tell him that I bought them. I think they would just weird him out... a lot.... so I'm just going to keep that my little secret for now. :haha:

Totally agree some things just might slightly ruin the mood!! ;-)I bought preseed and I would use the wee applicators to put it "up there" quickly in the bathroom .....not the most attractive sight for foreplay ;-) x

I've shared the plan...but I don't talk too much about everything else...just a snippet here and there, because he starts shaking his head at me lol...thinks I'm being obsessive :dohh: But it's more obvious when the deed is done as I try to get my butt up onto a pillow! lmao

Hehe!! I know that one is hard to avoid but at least at that point we have finished!! :) so he just laughs and says "time to incubate" some things we just can't hide! :) x

CD8 - no go
CD10 - nope, OPK-
CD11 - :thumbup:, OPK-
CD12 - :thumbup: (back on track), OPK-
CD13 - OPK-
CD14 - waiting for OH to get off work :winkwink:, OPK-

I'm starting to worry that I wont OV or that the OPKs wont catch it :nope:
(remember I haven't had a "full" flow since stopping depo in Nov)

Sheesh...this wait is about as bad as the 2ww!

Hubby knows. We are pretty serious about trying to have a little one soon; so, he wants to be as involved as possible.

He thinks it is a great idea (and it hasn't been a "chore" these last few days of BD-ing every night...I think knowing what we are trying to do makes it more exciting for him).

ProfWife: That's great that he wants to be as involved as possible! I'm pretty sure that my DH wants to have a LO of his own too, but the pressure might just get to him. I'm not sure. If he wanted to know things, I'm sure that he would ask (he has on occasion for various things and I've answered as fully as he wants me to)

Well we BDed tonight, but I'm not sure that we're going to be able to do it tomorrow. It seemed like he was....shall we say... struggling a little bit. But this is day #3 in a row. We'll resume again on Friday as usual, but our SMEP has been modified a little bit I think. It may still happen, we'll just have to see what tomorrow brings. LOL

So today I noticed that FF says the next few days are my fertile days before OV...I checked CM and it's tacky/sticky, so I was going to go buy preseed. But I got vetoed! OH was like "that doesn't sound natural, can't we just try for a month first?" UGH! NO! I don't want to wait :brat: I want my baby now :cry: I want to increase my chances as much as possible EVERY cycle. *sigh* I will respect his wishes though and other than SMEPing, we will keep things "natural".

We are supposed to DTD tonight, but he is really tired from work and said his back hurts, so I don't think it's going to happen.:nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->