[CLOSED] ex-SMEP ladies waiting for lightening to strike.

So today I noticed that FF says the next few days are my fertile days before OV...I checked CM and it's tacky/sticky, so I was going to go buy preseed. But I got vetoed! OH was like "that doesn't sound natural, can't we just try for a month first?" UGH! NO! I don't want to wait :brat: I want my baby now :cry: I want to increase my chances as much as possible EVERY cycle. *sigh* I will respect his wishes though and other than SMEPing, we will keep things "natural".

We are supposed to DTD tonight, but he is really tired from work and said his back hurts, so I don't think it's going to happen.:nope:

Pre-seed is just lubricant. Lots of people use lubricant even when they aren't TTC. It's not a natural fluid, but it's not necessarily "unnatural" to use either.
Hopefully your CM changes very quickly, drink lots of water. (PS. It's not natural by any means, but if CM continues being a problem for you try the cough expectorant (guaifenesin) along with a higher water intake.... it really does work to thin out CM. I found out almost by accident :haha:)

Do you test on your OPKs more than once a day?

We used pre-seed the first 2 months as it's recommended, but we're still TTC. Don't let that stress you out. (We don't use it as "recommended" anymore...just as strictly lubricant.)

It's okay. Keep in mind, it only takes one swimmer properly timed among the millions and millions.

Thank you ladies for the encouragement and reminders, I knew you were good for something :thumbup: Just joking, but really...thank you.

Pre-seed is just lubricant. Lots of people use lubricant even when they aren't TTC. It's not a natural fluid, but it's not necessarily "unnatural" to use either.
Hopefully your CM changes very quickly, drink lots of water. (PS. It's not natural by any means, but if CM continues being a problem for you try the cough expectorant (guaifenesin) along with a higher water intake.... it really does work to thin out CM. I found out almost by accident :haha:)

Do you test on your OPKs more than once a day?

You're right adopim! And I had forgot all about that! I've even already bought Mucinex! Just forgot about it! I've been trying not too drink too much because I don't want to dilute my urine for when I use my OPKs. I've only been testing once a day for that reason, so I can drink more after I test....it's just healthier to drink plenty of water...IMO.

We used pre-seed the first 2 months as it's recommended, but we're still TTC. Don't let that stress you out. (We don't use it as "recommended" anymore...just as strictly lubricant.)

It's okay. Keep in mind, it only takes one swimmer properly timed among the millions and millions.

Right! I just wanted something safer for his :spermy:, the lube we have already seems to have a lot of ingredients, I don't think that will work.

Lilly - the normal stuff (like KY or Astroglide, etc.) will actually keep the sperm from freely swimming. They aren't really good to use when TTC (most docs will tell you this, too).

I'd ask DH if he's okay with the switch in order to keep from creating a barrier. I've heard rumor that canola oil also works, but I'm prone to UTI's (which I will NOT risk again if possible).

We have used preseed for the last few months and we both really like it! Nice to know you are helping the wee swimmers along their merry way!! :)

Lilly - the normal stuff (like KY or Astroglide, etc.) will actually keep the sperm from freely swimming. They aren't really good to use when TTC (most docs will tell you this, too).

I'd ask DH if he's okay with the switch in order to keep from creating a barrier. I've heard rumor that canola oil also works, but I'm prone to UTI's (which I will NOT risk again if possible).

Yea, I had read that somewhere but had forgotten about it...was mainly thinking the ingredients themselves were bad. I think I'll just stick with the Mucinex and see if that helps. Will try preseed next cycle.

Lilly: I have never really had too much of a problem with CM, but I was taking the expectorant due to having a cold (I may have mentioned that earlier in one of these threads! lol) It worked really well! Just gotta remember that you need lots of fluid as it doesn't create the CM, it just helps thin out what you already have to make it more sperm friendly :thumbup:

AFM, I'm pretty sure I Ov'd yesterday, but I was still hoping to be able to BD again tonight... I'm going to make an attempt but I'm not too sure it's going to happen. I'm sure that we timed things well this cycle, but just to be on the safe side I would prefer one more time in a row. We'll see how tired he is when he gets home from work...

CD8 - No BD
CD10 - No BD, OPK-
CD11 - :sex: , OPK-
CD12 - :sex: (back on track), OPK-
CD13 - OPK-
CD14 - No BD , OPK-
CD15 - possible light OV pain on right side, :sex:, OPK- (getting a little darker)

So my OPKs are getting darker! So happy about that...I was afraid I wasn't OVing yet since stopping depo.

Yup they look good, you should be getting a pos OPK anytime now!

Just like I predicted we didn't BD last night, but we still went 3 nights in a row.
CD5-8 :sex:
CD10,12,14 :sex: OPK- SoftCup on CD14
CD15 OPK + :sex: SoftCup
CD16 :sex: SoftCup
CD17 no BD

FF confirmed Ov on CD15 due to risen temps, so I'm really hoping that we will have caught the egg this time! If this wasn't perfect timing, I don't know what is!

Ok, what do you guys think? They are just the tiniest bit fainter than the control line...should I give it another day or two? What difference does it make you ask? Well the difference is DTD tonight or not. We did it last night and we are supposed to skip a night...unless OPK is positive..then it's 3 nights in a row...right?

Gosh, that is looking very very close! Maybe try to take another OPK this evening (It's still early afternoon there yet, isn't it?) and see what that one looks like?

Gosh, that is looking very very close! Maybe try to take another OPK this evening (It's still early afternoon there yet, isn't it?) and see what that one looks like?

Yea maybe I will start testing in the evening too...it's just harder because I will go for a walk after work and I like to drink plenty of water, before and after. Don't want a diluted sample. :shrug: We will see :thumbup:

Yeah, testing in the evening was always more difficult for me too. As I usually have a snack with my DD while she eats supper (I eat with DH when he gets home from work which is after her bedtime) and it was always so hard not to drink anything. I just tried to tough it out as best I could. All of my blazing positives have come at 11am, but I still test twice a day just so I don't miss the height of my surge.
KUP! :thumbup:

Wow what a difference, I got these this morning: And I did take a test last night and I could see my good dark line starting to fade. We didn't DTD yesterday...but we did the day before when the darker lines started showing and again today. Will try to DTD tomorrow too. I did have a slight dip in temp today...it was taken about an hour later than usual because I sleep in later on Saturday....now for you chart pros...I should be hoping for an increasein temp in the next day or two right?

CD8 - No BD
CD10 - No BD, OPK-
CD11 - :sex: , OPK-
CD12 - :sex: (back on track), OPK-
CD13 - OPK-
CD14 - No BD , OPK-
CD15 - possible light OV pain on right side, :sex:, OPK+ (getting a little darker)
CD16 - No BD, OPK+ started to fade in evening
CD17 - :sex:, OPK-

Yes, I would be looking for a temp rise. I've heard a slow rise is possible... just keep an eye on it the next few days. Hopefully you're Ov gets confirmed! :thumbup:

I finally got my crosshairs!! Officially in the 2ww @ 3dpo! :happydance:

I'm a little sad though because I just don't think this is my month. Last month I was way more optimistic and I wasn't doing any of the things I did this cycle because we were only NTNP and we only DTD once. Oh well, we will see...of course I still WANT the BFP...just don't think I'm going to get it.

How's it going for everyone else?

Yay for crosshairs!! :happydance: Fx'd for you to get your BFP!

I'm doing alright, I am on the fence. One second I feel SO in, and then the next second I feel out. I've been going back and forth all day. I'm just trying my best not to symptom spot, but it's so hard. There are so many things that I'm noticing that are just tough to ignore. I'm more just trying not to read into them! The end of this week can't come soon enough!

Wth?! My crosshairs moved and are now no longer dotted. Ff said its because my info is conflicting, but all i did was add todays temp. This is frustrating, especially since the day its on we didnt have sex that day or the day after...ugh really feeling out now

Wth?! My crosshairs moved and are now no longer dotted. Ff said its because my info is conflicting, but all i did was add todays temp. This is frustrating, especially since the day its on we didnt have sex that day or the day after...ugh really feeling out now

The circle for today's temp is open, did you take it at a different time than normal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->