[CLOSED] ex-SMEP ladies waiting for lightening to strike.

LillyTame

Mom of 2 boys
Reaction score
Update 03/28/14: We are the last few stranglers of our SMEP thread. None of us are religiously doing SMEP any more. Some are doing everything possible (temping, OPKs, meds, IUIs, etc) and some of us are just waiting for that lightning to strike (NTNP). This has been a long journey for us and we hope to see everyone with a baby in their arms by the end:hugs:

Update 08/29/13: Looks like our thread is running dry so I'm going to go ahead and close shop :nope: Congratulations to our 3 BFPs, I hope you are all having a h&h 9 months! :hugs: I'll still be around so if you want to keep in touch make sure to come by my journal! :thumbup:

I hope no one minds if I make a new SMEP thread...there are a couple others but they are well in progress and I kind of hate jumping in so late and trying to catch up with everyone. :wacko:

So this thread is for ANYONE SMEPing in 2013!

If you have not heard of SMEP, it means "The Sperm meets egg plan". Please google "SMEP" for more details, but below is the general plan. It IS geared towards people that have at least conceived once, that way you know you CAN conceive, but I am giving it a try for my first! :thumbup:

The Plan

Short Version:

"Try" every other night starting Day 8 (CD8)
Buy 10 ovulation predictor kit sticks
Begin ovulation testing on Day 10 (CD10)
When test is positive, "try" that night, plus two additional nights in a row
Skip one night, then do one last "try"
Take a home pregnancy test 15 days after your ovulation test was positive, if your period has not begun
If your ovulation test never goes positive, continue "trying" every other night until Day 35, then do a pregnancy test if your period has not begun.
Statistics coming in from women who write me show that about 40% of post-miscarriage women will get pregnant on the first try if they are faithful to the plan, about double the number of the normal population who are not on the plan. This assumes, of course, that you waited for a normal cycle to begin after your loss, and did not begin trying before having a period after a miscarriage. Many women do not ovulate in that first cycle.

Good Luck Ladies! :dust:

January
:witch:LillyTame:hugs:
:witch:Daners82:hugs:
:bfp:adopim:happydance:
:witch:Cestamy83:hugs:
:witch:Profwife:hugs:
:witch:Wytrease:hugs:

February
:witch:Lillytame:hugs:
:bfp:SlimBrit:happydance:
:witch:Akayj:hugs:
:witch:ProfWife:hugs:
:witch:thayet:hugs:
:witch:moose31:hugs:

March
:shrug:NDTaber9211:hugs:
:witch:Lionchild:hugs:

APRIL
:witch:NDTaber9211:hugs:

MAY
:witch:PrettyPixie:hugs:

June
:witch:PrettyPixie:hugs:
:bfp:Akayj:happydance:

July

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **​

P.S....just to prevent clutter or disagreements...we understand if YOU may NOT agree with the plan, but this thread is for women that WOULD like to try it...so not looking for any debates. Or opinions on how it WONT work....just women that WANT to try. :thumbup: Pretty please, with sugar on top :hug:

We are yet to stick to the smep plan, if I don't get my bfp his month then I would love to join in and try it.

I'm ttc#2, been trying for 4 months now, been off the pill for a little before then tho, but we were using condoms until 4 months ago, our official ttc date (after our wedding).

Our daughter was a suprise pregnancy, we had sex once, a random day in my cycle, also took the MAP and still fell pregnant with my miracle. So needless to say I wasn't expecting to have to wait so long to get pregnant this time round!

Bring on smep!

Aloha Ladies! :hi: I will be your SMEPing host for this year! I would like to start by passing some sticky bean dust around :dust: I hope we all have a very positive year!

A little about me:

I'm 32 and so is my OH :hugs:. This will be our first child and our first time TTC. Although my cycles have always been pretty regular, I am just coming off Depo so, I don't feel I've had a "real" period yet. BUT since I did get some bleeding in Dec, I am very hopeful for Jan. Today is my CD8 and we will begin :sex: tonight! Woohoo :happydance: :haha:

I've started temping, which will help predict OVs if I dont get my BFP this month. I've bought my OPKs and ICs and will be getting some type of expectorant (cough syrup) tonight to help with CM.....CM...that is just one area I have not mastered yet lol...I actually hate checking for CM or cervix location.

Best of luck ladies and thanks for joining me! :hugs:

We are yet to stick to the smep plan, if I don't get my bfp his month then I would love to join in and try it.

I'm ttc#2, been trying for 4 months now, been off the pill for a little before then tho, but we were using condoms until 4 months ago, our official ttc date (after our wedding).

Our daughter was a suprise pregnancy, we had sex once, a random day in my cycle, also took the MAP and still fell pregnant with my miracle. So needless to say I wasn't expecting to have to wait so long to get pregnant this time round!

Bring on smep!

Well first FX'd and lots of baby dust :dust:! When are you due to check this month?

To be honest...I've been wondering IF we can stick to the plan...some times I think...that's ALOT of :sex: :haha: BUT...I'll give it a try...OH is up for it! :dohh: lol

I will try this we are planning on ttc #2 by end of March :)

Yay I have a SMEP buddy lol. Welcome aboard and best of luck to you! :dust:

Please come back and give a quickie intro....CD#? How long been trying? How long been off BC?

I am also trying the SMEP- we BD'd last night, tested for ovulation on my digital kit twice today... both negative.

Hoping for some good news in the new year! xxx

My DH and I pretty much do the SMEP naturally. Now that I'm aware of it, I think I'll probably thinking more consciously about it for this cycle. CD10 today, negative OPK but still going to BD tonight when DH gets home from work :winkwink: So excited, I can't stand "off" days! :haha:

In January I am actually taking 6 days off work based on my ovulation. My hubby and I have opposite schedules so come that week IT'S ON. Haha

I am also trying the SMEP- we BD'd last night, tested for ovulation on my digital kit twice today... both negative.

Hoping for some good news in the new year! xxx

My DH and I pretty much do the SMEP naturally. Now that I'm aware of it, I think I'll probably thinking more consciously about it for this cycle. CD10 today, negative OPK but still going to BD tonight when DH gets home from work :winkwink: So excited, I can't stand "off" days! :haha:

Hey, I know you two! :winkwink: Thanks for joining my itty bitty thread :happydance:

adopim...I WISH we :sex: that much! I just don't have the drive. :dohh: Good thing my OH is very patient and understanding :hugs: Hell, I'm thinking I'm going to be exhausted after just a week of this lol

In January I am actually taking 6 days off work based on my ovulation. My hubby and I have opposite schedules so come that week IT'S ON. Haha

Now THAT is serious planning! lol And I think not having to work (not having the extra stress) will definitely help.

:dust::dust: Let the dusting begin!

I bought Mucinex today to help, wont start taking it till CD10 though.

Hey, I know you two! :winkwink: Thanks for joining my itty bitty thread :happydance:

adopim...I WISH we :sex: that much! I just don't have the drive. :dohh: Good thing my OH is very patient and understanding :hugs: Hell, I'm thinking I'm going to be exhausted after just a week of this lol

I bought Mucinex today to help, wont start taking it till CD10 though.

Cycle Buddies! :D

Sometimes I feel like a freak of nature because of my high drive. :haha: I've had it since as long as I can remember, but still makes me feel abnormal sometimes for it.

I actually have been taking guaifenesin every day since yesterday, but it was because of an actual cough I've had the last few days. Haha, it's children's stuff since that's what I had in the house and I needed relief so I was taking 250mg of it. It wasn't until this afternoon that I remembered the benefits of the stuff in the CM department. It is CD10 today and even if my cough goes away I may just take it a few extra days. :D

:hi: ladies! I must creep all threads my lady friends are in.

:hugs: Cycle buddies, indeed! xoxoxo

So not a good start to my SMEP adventures :-(

Yesterday was CD8 so we were to begin :sex: but we just did it 2 days ago so I really wasn't IN the mood...I just wanted a quickie and to be done :blush: but OH wanted me on top and me on top does not equal quickie. So because my mood was all shotty over this we "started" but didn't finish :-({|= So that's my sad story. I can admit I think I was just being a brat. :dohh: I will either try again tonight or just wait till tomorrow...it'll be Saturday...a chill day for both of us and plus he just texted me that his morning is starting off crappy...guess he banged up his car on the way to work.

That doesn't sound like the greatest start, but don't lose hope. I would think it will be alright missing CD10, since it's so early in the Plan. As long as you didn't get a pos OPK or something it seems like it would be okay to continue on with the plan on CD12. Just my opinion. Plus, it seems like Saturday will be a better bet than today if your OH already had a bad start to his day and you'll both be more relaxed. :hugs:

That doesn't sound like the greatest start, but don't lose hope. I would think it will be alright missing CD10, since it's so early in the Plan. As long as you didn't get a pos OPK or something it seems like it would be okay to continue on with the plan on CD12. Just my opinion. Plus, it seems like Saturday will be a better bet than today if your OH already had a bad start to his day and you'll both be more relaxed. :hugs:

Thanks hun :thumbup: Yea, we are still pretty early (only CD9 today)...so not super worried about it. Just hope things go smoother after this. Gonna start checking OPKs tomorrow (CD10). Excited about that :happydance:

Thanks hun :thumbup: Yea, we are still pretty early (only CD9 today)...so not super worried about it. Just hope things go smoother after this. Gonna start checking OPKs tomorrow (CD10). Excited about that :happydance:
Ah, I misread your other post, I thought 2 days ago was CD8 (I must be getting your CDs mixed up with mine! :haha:) So even less to worry about I'm sure!
I started OPKs on CD9, the test line is barely visible so it doesn't look like I'm even close to Ov, except for the fact that the last few days I've had EWCM.... I forgot to limit fluids so never tested twice yesterday but I may try to test again tonight.

YES! I get my dates mixed up with yours too! :haha: Some times I'll be thinking/planning something and I have to go "oh wait" because I visualize YOUR ticker lmao so I have to check on my FF phone app real quick to readjust my thinking :rofl:

YES! I get my dates mixed up with yours too! :haha: Some times I'll be thinking/planning something and I have to go "oh wait" because I visualize YOUR ticker lmao so I have to check on my FF phone app real quick to readjust my thinking :rofl:

Haha, that is too funny! :rofl:

So I finally caved and changed my tickers :-( I loved my kitty tickers :cry:.

But it's time for a new journey and I know it's helpful when asking questions around here to have a relevant ticker lol...So introducing my wacky temp chart and my CD chart :thumbup: (with a link to my furbabies of course :bunny::haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->