[CLOSED] ex-SMEP ladies waiting for lightening to strike.

Made special arrangements to go out with hubby's work group tonight to celebrate a phase being completed...and one of the recently married (under 3 years) guys announced he and his wife are expecting. I felt gutted since I'd hoped we'd be the first in this group as we're the oldest and married the longest. It was worse when he announced the due date. I'd had a light positive back in March that went away the next day; my natural family planning contact is convinced it was a chemical pregnancy. The due date he announced would have been ours had that baby been a sticky bean.

Could use a little cheering up...

Awww ProfWife :hugs: Announcements can be a real blow, even more so when there is some connection...like those dates for you. I don't have anything that could cheer you up but just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Someone emailed the whole company that she was back from maternity leave...I was just thinking...really? Really? You had to announce to EVERYONE that you are back from ML, we don't even know YOU! lol Needless to say I felt a twinge of jealousy at that announcement. I don't even have a pending date for ML and it just hit me that I SHOULD have one by now. Or at least I think I should lol

GL, Cutler!! I hope you've got an extra sticky one!! Keep us updated!

:hugs:,ProfWife. I completely understand having those types of feelings. It stabs you right in the gut. It makes me feel worse that I'm sometimes bitter about these happy events. But month after month of trying and the uncertainty about it ever happening is enough to make even the most positive and kind-hearted person feel this way at a certain point.

I finally think I may be numb to BFP announcements though. DH and I had a difficult week emotionally because our 17 year-old niece had a baby this week. We thought we were prepared after 8 months of getting ready for it. It's really confusing to become great-aunts and uncles before we're even parents. DH and I have been together 10 years and married for 5 this summer. We waited to TTC until I was finished with coursework for grad school and until we were financially stable. We bought a house last fall, and we're ready to start a family. We've been ready for 2.5 years, but we waited for the *best* time. If I'd only known... It's hard not to be a little angry at the world when we were so responsible about family planning, and now we're not getting pregnant. Meanwhile, our teenage niece had no problem getting pregnant by accident. We are totally supporting her, and we'll love our great-nephew to pieces, but it's still been rough. At this point, I don't think any BFP announcement can phase me.

Lily- The only new thing I'm doing this month is not 'trying'. We are BDing and not paying any attention to when and whether or not I O. I just need a break. I hope the bag of tricks proves useful for you this cycle. Come on BFP!!! I'm sure I'll be back to my bag of tricks in a couple of months if this 'taking it easy' business fails us.

10DPO what do you ladies think ?? do you see the line ??

Attachments

• 405685_10151431826178671_631658130_n.jpg
    405685_10151431826178671_631658130_n.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks :) i plan to take a digi monday . i guess the second time is a charm :)

Thanks ladies you guys are wonderful:hugs: i will deff post back when i get a confirm on a digi .

Hey ladies! How's it going? Where is everyone in their cycles?

AFM, my body doesn't seem to want to ovulate yet :shrug: We started out real strong with BDing, but that started to waver when I realized my OPKs were staying the same - negative...I should have OVd between CD18-23, but here we are CD24 and I don't know what's going on :shrug: Nothing I can do but wait and see when/if AF shows up :coffee:

Stress, illness, etc. can all throw off the follicular phase (even good stress like a vacation).

AFM, waiting for doc's appointment or phone call. My progesterone came back at 7.6 around 7/8 dpo. That's on the low side. Most docs want 10 if not medicated. I'm praying they'll put me on progesterone supplements.

I'm only at 12 dpo right now, but fairly certain AF will arrive on Saturday or Sunday as scheduled.

School ends with students this week. The week after Memorial Day will be our close down week. Then I have a full, wonderful month off before my once a week summer class kicks up.

Yea, I just got through with finals, so someone had mentioned that maybe the stress of that threw me off...I don't know...didn't feel like I was stressing that hard lol but there was also a change at work...so maybe it was that...who really knows? Some times there isn't a clear answer, crap just happens! Or in my case...doesn't happen lol.

A whooole month offf...ohh I'm drooling over here lol. That sounds so nice.

Finals could do it. The closing of school did it for me one year, even though I'd done it 8 previous times at that point.

This is the first extended time in our dating and married lives where neither my husband or I will be enrolled in classes, I have no workshops, nor will we be moving. It's pretty amazing. Just over 7 years in the making...

Im on CD14 and waiting for O Day! I will updated when it happens! :winkwink:

This is going to b a tmi:blush: but when I took a shower tonight I had some cm. it was like stingy is the best way I can describe it. Would this be egg white cm? Sorry guys:haha::blush:

You can have EWCM for several days before O. I used to have it for 4-5 days when I was younger (now I'm lucky for 1 day!). I would definitely make sure you're BDing, in case you O early. Are you using OPKs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->