[CLOSED GROUP] Trick or treat, Baby feet, Give me some chubby cheeks to eat

Thanks, Ladies. I will def still be here, cheering you all on. I can't wait to see all of your pretty little babies! It feels like the right thing to do right now. I kept on saying that something needed to change. I was in such a rut. I wasn't happy with my job, my body, my car, my house, etc. and realized that it was probably all the stress of TTC that was turning me into a really angry person. I've been working out a lot regardless, and I still hate my job today (just one of those days..) but everything is looking up now.

Woohoo Mirolee!! Now snoop dog is stuck in my head for the rest of the day lol

Yay Amelia for not missing O, ill keep my fingers crossed for you to catch that eggie!

Amanda, I'm so sorry that you have to put off TTC that must be a hard decision for you but I think its great that you are switching your focus to getting oh healthy and I'm sure it will help him keep a positive outlook on the situation knowing you are standing by him.

AFM, cd7 here...I heard back from the dr about my day 3 labs...everything is completely normal which is good but doesnt explain my lack of AF for 100+ days! I am going to start OPKs on sunday and attempt SMEP...but I don't know when I should start taking the guaifesen since I have no idea when I will ovulate. Will it hurt if I start taking it now and continue until O or should I wait a few days to start? I also did an OPK just now bc I can't help myself and there is a darker line than i was expecting...definitely not positive obviously but pretty dark...im confused now.

AMANDA!!!!

So proud of you and your attitude - you are protecting your hubs and YOU and that's awesome and will make you guys strong throughout these challenges.

Are you thinking of coming to LA soon? I have two dogs and a love of hiking... if you ever feel like getting some nasty LA air into your lugs (or we can just sit and eat and watch the freaks in Venice) x

YEP! I was going to go this weekend but its the oakland A's playoffs and OH has demanded that I stay to watch it with him. My best friend's (soon to be) fiance called a few weeks ago and is going to propose soon, and wants me there. So we are trying to coordinate a weekend for me to come down, take her out for a day for mani/pedi's, blowouts, etc, so he can get the house ready for his proposal :) I'll prob stay a few days, and we can DEF get some drinks and hike with the pups! She just moved to the valley, but her office (shes an attorney) is in BH on Wilshire! I have been craving crepes from the Grove forever, too :)

PS: Nicole - I'm with Ash - my termination doc was a dude and my Obgyn was a chick and frankly I preferred the dude - wasnt awkward, he was, if anything, extra gentle.

AMANDA!!!!

So proud of you and your attitude - you are protecting your hubs and YOU and that's awesome and will make you guys strong throughout these challenges.

Are you thinking of coming to LA soon? I have two dogs and a love of hiking... if you ever feel like getting some nasty LA air into your lugs (or we can just sit and eat and watch the freaks in Venice) x

YEP! I was going to go this weekend but its the oakland A's playoffs and OH has demanded that I stay to watch it with him. My best friend's (soon to be) fiance called a few weeks ago and is going to propose soon, and wants me there. So we are trying to coordinate a weekend for me to come down, take her out for a day for mani/pedi's, blowouts, etc, so he can get the house ready for his proposal :) I'll prob stay a few days, and we can DEF get some drinks and hike with the pups! She just moved to the valley, but her office (shes an attorney) is in BH on Wilshire! I have been craving crepes from the Grove forever, too :)

WOOOOOO It's a MTHFKING DATE

PS: Nicole - I'm with Ash - my termination doc was a dude and my Obgyn was a chick and frankly I preferred the dude - wasnt awkward, he was, if anything, extra gentle.

I've had a D&C performed by both a chick and a dude-- I cried through the whole procedure done by the chick, I was in SO much pain, she was really rough, etc. I threw up during the procedure I was in so much pain. The D&C last year after my MC was done by a dude. While it was still uncomfortable, it was nothing like before and really quite easy.

I think, because men don't have vagina's and have very little to compare it to, they are extra gentle. The only real comparison they have is getting hit in their junk, and that obviously hurts like none other.

I easily perfer men over women doctors. I had to see a woman GYN once and she just kept writing my pain off because "she had that once, and it was nothing" It really pissed me off. Men don't have vagina's or ovaries, so they can't compare pain.

I easily perfer men over women doctors. I had to see a woman GYN once and she just kept writing my pain off because "she had that once, and it was nothing" It really pissed me off. Men don't have vagina's or ovaries, so they can't compare pain.

my thoughts exactly! My male doctor is super sympathetic to all of my pain, as well as any questions or concerns. I really appreciate it.

my thoughts exactly! My male doctor is super sympathetic to all of my pain, as well as any questions or concerns. I really appreciate it.

Me too. I really wanted to punch the woman gyn in the face. Uh. Just because "your pain was normal" doesn't mean that mine is! SO yeah.. I tend to avoid women docs. haha

my dad grew up in Pittsburgh so i am, by default, a Steelers fan. (yay, joiner!)
nichole, my HSG really wasnt that bad. it was painful for about 30 seconds while they inserted the catheter thingy. like a PAP smear but lasts a little longer. i dont remember if i took anything before hand, but i think you can - i probably did, like ibruprofen, 'cause they say it can cause cramps. afterwards, i went out to lunch with my work group - drove myself there and back. wore a pad becuase the iodine and dye is what leaks out of you - dont want that! really, though, on a scale of 1-10, it was maybe a 3 for being uncomfortable and an 8 during that minute or so. also, my dr is female but the xray dude was a dude. it's... um... strange to have your legs up, thing in your hoo-ha, and 3-4 ppl in the room (i had my mom, dr, nurse, xray dude). but they're all "this is normal".
girl, you GOT this - and we're ALL cheering you on!

You were able to have your mom in there?? I really want to get DH back there with me. I never thought of it that way with male doctors. I am very self conscious so this is going to be super difficult for me but I know it must be done. Ugh I hope they let DH back there. The lady on the phone said no but I am still going to try and fight for it.

Amanda, I am so sorry, but I admire your dedication and selflessness. That action speaks volumes. I hope that things happen quickly and go smoothly for you both. I'm glad you plan to stick around here :)

I don't blame you Nichole! I would, too.

No OPKS for 3 days after clomid? Is that right? I took the last today so would Sunday be ok or Monday? I don't want to miss it!

I'd start on cd 11. I doubt you will miss it if you waited. You can start opks now but there is a possibility of a false pos because of the clomid.

i have gotten false positives (or ALMOST positives, enough to make me freak out) when i tested within 3 days of my last clomid. even this time around, i started on cd13 and it was still pretty dark - but i knew my trickster body!
nichole, i would argue with the nurse/dr. my mom is a nurse, and she was like, "you have extra lead aprons, right?" and they let her stay. it was not even discussed that she would not be there. all he needs is a lead apron, which they usually have multiple of. yes, she was there, and got to see my uterus and open tubes. (i love science). dont let them push you around!

I am definitely going try my hardest to get DH back there. Thanks Mirolee!

Thanks! I guess I will start them on Monday. I'm just nervous that I will be an early O-er and miss it. Cover it with BD I guess. The "sex schedule" starts on Tuesday. I'm nervous because it's on paper. Lol. I don't want to stress Hubby out! And we wont BD on cd 15 or 16. This egg better cooperate! Lol

I never got any bd schedule or anything with my clomid. I just try to stick to an every other day thing.

That's my plan and thats what it is. It just writes it down. It just freaks me out having it on paper. Hubby said when he saw it, "I thought this was supposed to be fun.." :( I hid it after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->