[CLOSED GROUP] Trick or treat, Baby feet, Give me some chubby cheeks to eat

I'm dreading using the SoftCup again tonight. Taking it out was a pain last night. I don't think sitting on the toilet is the most comfortable way. Instructions say to pull it out by hooking your finger under the ring, easier said than done. Even with short fingernails I scratched myself. :-(

Like Amelia said, if you bear down it helps A LOT.

I only leave it in for a few hours. I think leaving it in longer hurts your cervix which makes it more painful to take out.

I always left mine in overnight and it didn't bother me. I had to stick my finger in, nail side down and hooked the top side of the cup (my finger was straight). When I got it out a little further, then I hooked it from underneath. Not the easiest thing, but I never scratched myself and never had a problem getting it out. You'll get used to it, I promise lol

I have a good friend who has been TTC with her husband for awhile but has some fertility issues. I asked her to give me a rundown of her diagnoses to ask you ladies if anyone can relate (I forget who is dealing with what honestly... sorry!) and what you've taken/done to help improve your cycles or fertility. She mentioned to me that her and her DH are going through some marital issues so TTC is on hold right now but said she's open to any info/advice you ladies may have for her for when the time comes.

If anyone has any treatments, vitamins, meds, recommendations I can send her way to help her cycles or fertility, I'd appreciate it. She deserves children of her own more than anyone I know and I hate to see her going through all this. She manged to get pregnant last year but miscarried in the first trimester. She also managed to ovulate her last cycle but obviously didn't conceive so I know she's capable of getting there... it's just a bigger struggle than I'm familiar with. Thanks ladies <3

This is a copy/paste from her:
Basically my issues are I don't produce progesterone and I don't ovulate. Also have cysts. Was diagnosed with dysfunctional bleeding disorder as well. I have my period 6 months straight then nothing for months, etc. I had my period 7 months last year and they gave me medication to end it in march. Tried to regulate me with birth control and that didn't work. October 3rd I got my period for the first time since then and I'm still at it it's just miserable.

Oh no, your poor friend. Have they tried Clomid with her with progesterone supplements during the TWW?? That would be the only thing I could think of but I haven't had to deal with fertility doctors yet so i'm not to versed as to everything that can help..

Endometriosis? I know that can cause prolonged bleeding. What level of health professional has she been to? I've heard stories of women having the endo cut or ablated away long enough to get a stable period or IUI and a successful pregnancy.

That's rough. I bled for a month+ after the termination and it was hell.

Leah Katherine... What a gorgeous name!!!!

Endometriosis and Abnormal Bleeding

Endometriosis does not itself cause the uterus to bleed abnormally. More specifically, it does not cause the brain, ovary, or uterus to malfunction. However, it does create problems, which can, in turn, affect any of those areas. Therefore, when a woman with endometriosis has abnormal bleeding, we have to look for indirect effects of the endo and for several other possible reasons for it.

Let's consider some examples of abnormal uterine bleeding caused indirectly by endometriosis.

Ovarian endometriomas (chocolate cysts) can get large enough to put so much pressure on the rest of the ovary that it is not able to respond to stimulation, or is not able to complete the ovulation process. This then leads to abnormal hormone production and possible bleeding abnormalities.
Ovaries can become encased by adhesions due to endometriosis. The endo irritates the tissues it's on, and the adhesion forms as your body attempts to wall off the offending area. When the ovary is entrapped this way, cysts can form and abnormal hormone production can result.
Many of the medical treatments for endometriosis have as their purpose the modification of your hormones. The response to these drugs is quite variable. Abnormal bleeding is very common with Depo-provera. Lupron, Synarel and Danocrine can all cause abnormal bleeding by interfering with normal ovarian hormone production.
Hypothalamic-induced abnormalities may occur when the pain of endo causes the patient extreme stress and anxiety. Some patients lose significant amounts of weight because of nausea and other gastrointestinal symptoms.
Many patients on drug therapy do not get the expected amounts of hormone administration due to malabsorption of the drug from their gastrointestinal tract. Pain, stress, and other medications (especially pain meds, laxatives, and anti-depressants) can affect how well or poorly the drug is absorbed. The entire drug must be properly absorbed for the blood levels to reach the desired state. Poor absorption thus creates inconsistent responses to the therapy.
The end result is that many women with endometriosis do have abnormal bleeding. The doctor must evaluate each patient individually to look for the influence of endometriosis on the above-mentioned factors, and also bleeding that has causes totally independent of the endometriosis.

When all the endometriosis is completely removed, many patients will see their bleeding patterns restored to what is normal for them. Others (whose bleeding problem has nothing to do with endometriosis) may not see change.

It is important to realize that women who have excision often have an interval of abnormal bleeding afterwards. This may be because the manipulator used inside the uterine cavity to move it during surgery can irritate the endometrium. If the ovaries also required surgery, the return to normal function can take 2-3 months. This can also cause an interval of abnormal bleeding post-op.

Finally, I would like to mention one more situation that is potentially of great concern (though thankfully very uncommon). Sometimes, when both ovaries are riddled with endometriosis, we must remove substantial amounts of them. We do not remove healthy tissue, only that which is already lost to disease. In more than 800 patients, we not have three women who had premature menopause post-op. This might have occurred anyway because of the destruction of the ovarian tissue by extensive endo; we just don't know.

Women are born with such a vast reserve of ova (eggs) that only a small amount of ovary can produce the required hormones and even generate a pregnancy. You don't need a lot of ovary, but the ovary you have must be healthy. In the huge majority of cases, even with significant surgery on the ovaries, the age at which a woman reaches menopause remains within normal limits

https://www.centerforendo.com/articles/abnormalbleeding.htm

That sounds rough. Your poor friend :(

As for softcups. I use a mooncup during AF and love it! I find squatting down on the bathroom floor then put my finger in with my nail against me then hooking finger around until I feel the suction break. I've never scratched myself and find them so much better than tampons.

its 6am here but im so excited/ relieved i had to post..

fallback rise!:happydance: fallback rise!:happydance: fallback rise!!:happydance:

Amanda - Any news on your results yet? I don't think I overlooked them... but it's possible lol.

Sending you love girl, fx so tight:dust:

Ps been meaning to say this for a long time - when I see your name RobertRedford I always get this song in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1mGWhLwu64

Girls, I'm sorry I've had a lot of questions lately but I have one more...

I'm not too familiar with temping and OPKs so I was trying to figure out if I am 1 DPO today or tomorrow. Here is what I have...

My fertility monitor also detects LH surges and registers "PEAK" when I surge (it always registers two peak days). I had peaks on mornings of CD 19 and CD 20 (today). Typically, with a CBFM, the 2nd peak day is OD however I test with the monitor in the mornings. My OPK was positive on CD 18, the night before my monitor detected it. In other words, my OPKs have confused me...

The OPK I took at 11:20pm on CD 18 was positive, today's OPK on CD 20 is also positive (see pictures). My temps, which I am not relying on too much since I'm not taking them at the same exact time every day, are still in the 97 degree range. Last cycle, after ovulation, I was in the 98s.

In your opinion, what cycle day would my OD be? Do you think today, CD 20, is OD? Would my temps show a shift tomorrow or day after?

NOTE: pics are OPKs not HPTs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members