[CLOSED] Photo Challenge

Mine is not quite as exciting, but this is probably one of Austin's best known landmarks:

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/1400260155134259IMG_4426_zpsc041f296.jpg

It's the University of Texas Tower, unfortunately probably best known for a shooting that occurred in the 1960's. However, it has a pretty interesting past for a relatively young building.

I wish I could have gotten a picture tonight, because it will be lit up with numbers in honor of students graduating this year. (I saw some parents walking to see their children graduate on my way to take this picture. I got a little choked up when I saw how excited they all were.) They actually have to manually turn on all the lights and close shutters on windows to spell out letters and words. Here's a picture of what it looks like lit up:

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/af6b97a6-2199-474b-bca0-03afacd3ad96_zpsc8eb7352.jpg

How do I spoiler a picture I upload from the computer? My home town is small and the landmark is easily found out

I can't remember how to spoiler a picture, Cowgirl. It took me forever to figure it out the last time I did it.

Nice photos, @tx and Nicki! I never knew they lit the UT tower up at graduation, @tx. That's neat.

Here are three for Albuquerque. I still haven't tried to figure out the photo collage. I took all three pictures (although the last one is not a recent photo).

The first is a picture of roadrunner that I snuck into a random yard to get a picture of. They are everywhere, but they are very camera shy. I watched a roadrunner chase another one down the street for about a quarter of a mile yesterday. The one doing the chasing had its mouth open like it was yelling at the one in front. They were weaving in and out of the road like a high speed chase. It was hilarious to watch.

The second is a picture of a ristra on my front porch. New Mexico is famous for chiles. There are 18 varieties of chiles that are native to New Mexico.

The third is an old picture with one of my favorite desert plants. The adobe style house in the background is another icon of Albuquerque (and New Mexico in general).

Other icons of Albuquerque- Route 66 (with the old signs still up), the International (Hot Air) Balloon Fiesta, the Sandia Mountains, and the tv show Breaking Bad.

Attachments

• roadrunner2.jpg
    roadrunner2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 4
  • ristra.jpg
    ristra.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
  • adobe.jpg
    adobe.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 5
Maybe I'm naive, but I didn't know that road runners were a real thing!

That roadrunner is too cute!

I feel like such a lazy bum! :dohh: I didn't go out to get any of the pics I had planned, so I'll be late :blush:

I will make a really easy challenge this week so that people can get caught up:

Something that makes me happy

I am behind too, I will post a butt pix, the city pix and what makes me happy this week!! =)

I am as behind as Mizzy... I suck!! But I still am not going to back down. I WILL do this!! *Rocky theme plays*

Butt pix: Little Jayla's outfit from behind
What makes me happy: My little girl & my boys (DH too of course :thumbup:)

Now just need the landmark, which will be hard since I haven't gone out and don't have any plans of leaving the house anytime soon :dohh:

Ok, here's a butt. It's also my kid's butt. Jameson's monster jammies that he just wore for the first time because he's now in his 0-3 month stuff. :cry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 5
I'm behind:
Something blue
Landmark
Something that makes you happy

I will aim at getting these all in TODAY.

Start with something blue... From last week, when I was swollen as f***k, sitting on my couch. (I have to have at least, at the very freakn least, a square of chocolate a day)

Attachments

• panza blue.jpg
    panza blue.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 5
They say eating a little chocolate everyday while pregnant is correlated with having a more easygoing baby. It worked pretty well for Ellie!

I need to take my "something that makes me happy" picture. I'm tempted to add another baby butt to the thread!

I will probably replace this picture later, but what just made me very happy this afternoon was a surprise visit from Ellie and OH at work:

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/1400872753176717IMG_4457_zpsf2a883f2.jpg

I love her smile!! I think another baby butt pix would be nice!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->