[CLOSED]*Snow Babies* EDD January 2013

Well ladies, my visit to the hospital today was a lot more productive. They took some blood, okay, a lot of blood, I peed in a cup again, and my husband and I filled out a lot of paperwork, but things are finally moving along. I have my first official OB appointment Friday morning at 8 AM, and my appointment after that, which will definitely take place in the next two weeks, I'll get my ultrasound! The one good thing about my insurance is a first trimester ultrasound is a requirement! Although, they did start to give me shit for waiting this long to get things going even though it was their fault, I'm willing to look past it and just look forward to my ultrasound!

I posted this on another thread, but I wanted to share this with you guys, too.

I am waiting for my next scan next week before I tell work. I want to make sure all is still well before I spill the beans.
Brittany-glad to hear you are on track now. It's crazy how every dr or office does things so differently.
AFM-I'm officially tired of feeling crappy. No foods are appealing, I eat and feel sick, I haven't cooked in almost 2 wks and I'm sooo freakin tired I can't stand it. I need some relief from this feeling. Any suggestions?

I am waiting for my next scan next week before I tell work. I want to make sure all is still well before I spill the beans.
Brittany-glad to hear you are on track now. It's crazy how every dr or office does things so differently.
AFM-I'm officially tired of feeling crappy. No foods are appealing, I eat and feel sick, I haven't cooked in almost 2 wks and I'm sooo freakin tired I can't stand it. I need some relief from this feeling. Any suggestions?

I feel the same way. All the foods I usually eat are not appealing. I am trying to eat unlimited of the healthy foods that I like. I have found a few (maybe 5) foods that I like that are healthy. Cheddar cheese (real), milk, hard boiled eggs, 12-grain bread, any fruit, soup.... that's mostly it. So I pack my snack/lunch around that. Like I just had:

Breakfast:
2 pieces of 12-grain bread toast with no sugar added jam
glass of water

Snack:
3 pieces of cheddar cheese
milk
hard boiled egg
an orange

For lunch I have packed:
french onion soup (from Mand M Meat Shops)
milk
grapes
strawberries

When I am driving home from work I always pack/eat an apple

Dinner tonight is probably soup..... chicken and vegetable probably. I can stomach cooked veggies but raw turns me off.

Do you have ANY foods you can eat that are healthy? Try to write down and PLAN meals around the foods you can eat as opposed to just "wingin' it"?

Great advice Lindsay!

Brittany, sounds like you're on the right track! Good news!

Thanks Lindsay! Fruit is the one thing that I can eat at any time and it's not repulsive. I'm really struggling with protein right now and I'm sure my lack of it is adding to the nausea. Yesterday I just kept putting food in to my body even though I didn't want any and it really helped keep the nausea at bay. I woke up this am and it was there as soon as I got in to the shower so I ate some watermelon and crackers on the way to work and then just ate my cereal. If I let myself get the least bit hungry it is brutal.
Foods aren't tasting good though so it's making it tricky to plan ahead because I really can't think of anything that I want to eat. I had a bagel w/ pb for lunch yesterday and it tasted metallic (it's normally one of my faves).

Just got done at my first OB appointment! Ultrasound Tuesday!

im glad all is well with everybody! i dont go back to md office until the end of the month. im addicted to see my little olive!

yup!! I did it, i quit over this weekend! It feels so wonderful!!!! Im glad our we can afford me not to be working! I dont know what we would have done!! Ive got my next check in with my doctor next week! And then my first ultrasound in 2 weeks, so excited, 2 weeks cant hurry up faster!!! :) Im still having a pretty hard time with morning sickness!!! I dont want to eat anything most days!!! Hows everyone else doing this week?

My ultrasound got moved to Thursday... A couple more days and my husband and I get to see our first baby for the first time. I could cry just thinking about it. He'll probably cry when our baby is born. He cried at our wedding. My husband's a cutie.

Awww, I am so excited that things are starting to pick up for everyone with scans and all that!! How exciting!

Brittany, DH sounds adorable! I'll bet seeing your little one will move him! C'mon Thursday!!!

mommym, good for you for quitting. I bet you can breathe a little easier now! YOu gotta do what's best for you!

it is so exciting to see everyone's tickers so much farther along than when we started! We are all so close to that 12 week mark!

it is so exciting to see everyone's tickers so much farther along than when we started! We are all so close to that 12 week mark!

I know, it's so exciting! I go in for my scan on Thursday. It seems like everyone who goes in is either right on schedule or actually further along than they thought... I feel like I'm going to be the one that isn't as far along as I think and I actually still have quite a bit longer before I reach the safety of the 12 week mark instead of a week and a half.

Everybody's a prune! Yay!! It's already been 6 wks since we found out, time is moving quicker than it feels.
Now if another 6 wks would fly by we will have little bellies, feel good, and feel that little bean moving around in there! So exciting!!!
I go for my next scan on Thursday and am excited/nervous. No way would I be suffering through this ms if things weren't moving along well...right?

Hey ladies, I feel like my scan is ages away it's on 28th ... I've been to see the nurse again today as the spotting is back..but she had a little feel of my tummy and said everything it's as it should be..luckily she is a Midwife. I feel a little more relaxed now. How is everyone getting on.. Has the morning sickness eased yet?

Yup my ms is pretty much gone, but I have been eating bad stuff:( I need to clean up my diet! Other than that just waiting for my 12 week scan on the 26th and think I'm going to tell people after that- seems close enough-IM SO EXCITED to see the baby again!!

I wish my morning sickness was gone, its horrible. some days i have to force myself to eat!!! Ive even lost around 7ish pounds from it!!! It was like this with my first pregnancy and i guess its gonna be the same 2nd time around!!! Im just hoping this ms stops soon. I want to enjoy food sometime soon again!!!! :( 2 more weeks till ultrasound....hurry up 27th!!!!

I have evening sickness. I was doing a lot better the last couple weeks, but its picked back up in the last few days, like my hormones want to give me one last sucker punch before I get out of the first trimester.

I fulfilled my sushi craving for lunch and followed it up with a glorious two hour nap on my couch. I feel so good about these endeavors, I'm telling everyone, lol.

with my last baby ihad horrific morning sickness, with this one, nothing....i cant believe it. i still feel human, just tired. its my only symptom now. However now i worry cause i dont have ms...cant win hey! :) my scan in 25th. i have a consultant appt then to, to see how i willbe monitored. Im on holiday next week so it should fly by! cant believe we all near scan dates already!

My sickness has stopped but I have to eat every couple of hours otherwise the nausea hits and I get a little shaky.. I've put on 6lbs I'm going to be the size of a house :(

Hey ladies
I know were getting very close to the end of 1st tri, and heading into 2nd soon!!!! Excited about that!!! Have any of you ladies thought about buying for baby yet ...or what you might want to buy? Im trying to be smart about what i buy this time, i bought so many things last time that my DD didnt use and wasted alot of money!! Im trying to avoid doing that this time!!!! Which really sucks is i have nothing from my 1st baby and will be having to buy everything again!!! And i have no family that will be helping me buy, my side of the family isnt involved in my life or my DD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->