[CLOSED]*Snow Babies* EDD January 2013

This pregnancy has just started and im praying that i dont have the whole nausea and morning sickness for 9 months!!!!! Its already getting on my nerves!!!!!!!

I have my 1st appt tomorrow to have blood drawn and I'm a little nervous. Fx'd my numbers are good!

Ive seen my gp today.. he was about as much help as a chocolate fire gaurd.. as far as my concerns...he didn't even ask me to poas..
I spoke to midwife.. she said the cramps are normal.. unless I start to bleed.. first appointment is at 8 wks x

My doc didn't ask me to poas either!! Ive got to ring midwife today to book in.

We told parents and grandparents yesterday when I came back from docs & they're all super excited!!

Hi everyone! Thanks Lindsay for inviting me over! I'm so excited to be bump buddies with you again! We'll have to come up with a clever name and I'll make the blinkie! Here's my survey.

About You
Name? Jessica
Age? 34
Height? 5'2

About The Father
Name? Tyler
Age? 35
Height? 5'8
Are you still together? yes
What is your due date? January 5, 2013

About Your Pregnancy
Is this your first pregnancy? No, this is actually my 5th. I had two m/cs, then twins, then we lost our baby girl to Trisomy 13 in December, and now PG again
When did you find out you were pregnant? ummm, this morning! lol... 16dpo
Was it planned? not exactly... okay, not at all
What was your first reaction? shock
Who was with you when you found out? no one. but I immediately called DH upstairs
Who was the first person you told? DH
How did your parents react? haven't told them yet.
How far along are you? 4+2
What was your first symptom? nothing really. I thought AF was coming
What is your due date? January 5, 2013
Do you know the sex of the baby? no
If so, what is it?
Have you picked out names? Yes
If so, what are they? Emilynne Dorothy or Christian Tyler
How much weight have you gained? nothing yet
Do you have stretch marks? from my pregnancy with the boys. It's what happens when you gain 65 pounds! :blush:
Have you felt the baby move? no
Have you heard the heartbeat? no

About the birth
Home or hospital birth?hospital
Natural or medicated birth? medicated since I'll be having a c-section
Who will be in the delivery room with you? DH
Will you breastfeed? I'll try
Do you think you'll need a c-section? yes, I had one with the boys
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the first time? I'm sure!
What's the first thing you might say to him/her? "hi"
Would you let someone videotape the birth? probably not
Are you excited about the birth, or scared? both

Hey Jess! So nice to hear from you again! Looking forward to sharing this together again!

Morning ladies (well morning here on the west side of the pond, I guess it is afternoon to all my friends on the east side!)

So, I went for bloodwork yesterday and they were not much help there either! I get the results this morning! She said, depending on what the results show, I may or may not have to go back for more bloods tomorrow. If they are low, I go back, if they are higher then I wont. If I don't go back, she said she will then book me for a 6 week appt.... I did not have a 6 wk appt with my last pregnancy, I am wondering if this is because I have had a previous loss. I am not going to lie, I don't really want an ultrasound at 6 weeks, because it is unlikely to see the heartbeat at that age, and then I will just stress out. I would rather wait until 8 weeks when I will see it for sure...

As for symptoms, I am hoping not to get nauseous too (obviously). I am a teacher so I would have a very rough time, running to the washroom which is WAY at the other end of the hall and leaving 22 students on their own! I have light, light cramping still. Boobs are still not as sore as I expect them to be (I remember last time them hurting so much, but I think it started around 5 weeks...) They are tender now, but not really sore.

So we weren't going to tell parents, but I caved and told my mom. Her and I are really close, so it is ok. Hubby told his Mom. I told my bff.

So our little group is at 11 members, I am thinking I will close it now, what do you all think?

I like our little small group!

Next step is to come up with a catchy group name! Any suggestions?

Hey my names Lisa, I'm new to this website. I am 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Due on the 4th of jan :) was wondering if I could join? X

I think 12 is a nice round number! Welcome Lisa! H&H 9 months to you!

Welcome Lisa!

OK Ladies, it has started...my worrying! I need a little reassurance...I went to my primary physician this morning so they could confirm and give me a referral to my OB. I POAS and it came back positive, but the line was fairly light.

Some things to note: This was not FMU, I had pee'd around 6:30 this morning and my appointment was at 8:30am. I also do not pee very often, so I drank 1/4 a bottle of water, knowing I was going to have to POAS for them.

I guess because I got a faint positive on Friday 4/27 and then a positive digi on 4/28, I expected my levels to have doubled and the line to be darker...

The nurse did not seem concerned, she didn't order blood work or anything. Just said the line was light, but there, and asked how late my period is (it was due yesterday).

Thoughts?

It could be that you didn't hold it for very long, so your urine didn't have time to stew inside you like it does at night. It could also be that the doctor's office test was less sensitive than the tests you already got your positive's on, making the line remain light. It could also be that even though you already got your positive, your HCG count was still just starting to rise, so even with it doubling, it wasn't very high. I would say you don't have anything to worry about, especially if no one at your doctor's office was worried. :thumbup:

A positive is still a positive no matter how faint. And with drinking all of that water your wee would be very dilute.

I've not been sicky so far yet but had a iffy moment today - i'm a science teacher and whilst doing a practical today I opened one of the chemical bottles and the smell made me gag. It wasn't a dangerous chemical but just the smell did it for me....

Hey my names Lisa, I'm new to this website. I am 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Due on the 4th of jan :) was wondering if I could join? X

Hi Lisa!

You can be out LAST member (#12). WELCOME!
Fill out the survey on page one! I will go ahead and close the group!

YAY! We're a complete group! I can't wait to get to know everyone better and watch everyone's babies being born! How exciting!

Welcome Lisa!

OK Ladies, it has started...my worrying! I need a little reassurance...I went to my primary physician this morning so they could confirm and give me a referral to my OB. I POAS and it came back positive, but the line was fairly light.

Some things to note: This was not FMU, I had pee'd around 6:30 this morning and my appointment was at 8:30am. I also do not pee very often, so I drank 1/4 a bottle of water, knowing I was going to have to POAS for them.

I guess because I got a faint positive on Friday 4/27 and then a positive digi on 4/28, I expected my levels to have doubled and the line to be darker...

The nurse did not seem concerned, she didn't order blood work or anything. Just said the line was light, but there, and asked how late my period is (it was due yesterday).

Thoughts?

Hey Kim,

I won't ever tell you that you are crazy or overreacting, because I stress about little things too. With that said, I think the lighter line is due to it not being FMU, you drank a lot of water to dilute it and you didn't hold it.

Here are some things I found that may help:

https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Pregn...-water-dilute-your-pregnancy-test/show/535250

https://pregnancy.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Why_a_Pregnancy_Test_Can_Be_Wrong

Try not to worry Darlin'. A positive is a positive! Try to focus on that :) :hugs:

Ladies,

I got my results from my bloodwork! I went for bloodwork at 4pm yesterday, it was 57. She said it was completely normal for newly pregnant. She also said that I need to call back in about 3 weeks to book an 8 week ultrasound, they wont do one before then because there isn't much to see. They wouldn't even consider an ultrasound without an HCG of around 6000.

She said I do nothing now for 3 weeks (I asked my friend who is 6 months pregnant what her experience was and she said the exact same thing). I will go at 8 weeks for ultrasound and also a full blood work up.

So now...I wait....I hate waiting!

Thanks Ladies, I appreciate the input and feel much better than I did this morning :)

I called and made my first OB appointment today :happydance: It's just what they call an "orientation" (they go over medical history, introduce you to the nurses, etc.) but still exciting. That is set for May 16th. They will schedule my first appt. with my doctor on that day, which will be about two weeks from then.

When I had my daughter the doctor that I really wanted wasn't available, but I got him this go-around, so I am very excited about that!

Lindsay, so happy your blood work came back good-to-go!

I go to the doctors at 6 weeks may 15th. Im excited and nervous. I have been cramping off and on pretty mcuh since I got my bfp. That's really my only significant symptom besides some minor GI upset (bloating, gas) Nothing too much. how about everybody else.

Hey ladies.. I hope we are all well this morning..
Lindsay, good to hear your bloods came back fine.. & Kim glad to hear your feel better today..:)
Not much of a change with me. Im Still cramping which is quite scary at times but also reminds me that im pregnant. :) I still can't quite believe it.. its just not sinking in lol I want to tell everyone.. the next 8 weeks will feel like a life time lol

Terri,
I feel the same way sometimes! I will be mid-day, and then think about it, and can't stop smiling!

so ladies, starting last night I have had a very tight feeling in my uterus. Anyone else feeling that? Here comes TMI, but I only feel crampy right before I need to have a bowel movement but starting when I got home from work yesterday, it feels very tight.

Anyone else feel like that?

I was thinking, we can still get to know each other a little more :)

My question to you is:

-How did you conceive? The old fashioned way? Medication? IVF? etc?

Me... Hubby and I started trying in July of last year and fell pregnant in September. I had a twin miscarriage in November. It took until February 7th for my levels to drop to 0. It took 3 full cycles to get pregnant again, the old fashioned way :) o' naturel'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->