Cloth nappies where to start?

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
I am going away for a month to abu dhabi with my bubba and thought it would be the perfect oppurtunity to get River in reusables as apparently the nappies over there are crap so it saves me lugging a months worth of nappies around.

Where do i start? River is 4 months nearly so what size do i need?, she is a pretty big baby.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I'm not sure about the sizing as babies vary so much but when you buy them, you can either buy birth-to-potty nappies that should fit any age baby, or sized ones where you choose the right size according to your baby's weight or measurements.

My favourite type of nappies are pocket nappies where you stuff however much absorbant stuff (like microfibre or terry or an old towel etc) into a pocket in the back of the waterproof outer bit. But for travelling, I prefer using prefolds as I find them much smaller to cart around. I like mothercare smart nappies but there are lots of different kinds around.

How long is it till you go? I think you'd need to try them out properly before you went. The last thing you'd want is to get half way across the world and then find that you don't like them!

would say same as above though personally i prefer pockets such as bumgenius, ittis, blueberries etc it's all down to personal taste though and what fits your baby. It's best to try one or two and experiment, then you can take it from there

you might want to consider trying the bumgenius flip nappy they're birth to potty and most places have them on buy one get one free.

were going away march 1st. Its very over whelming atm as its like a completely different language lol

Do all cloth nappies need something that goes over the top to stop leaking onto clothes?

no. they tend to say in the item description if they need a seperate waterproof layer.

is it a special kind of stuffing for a pocket nappy? River is a pretty big baby as it is so im thinking as cloth nappies are a bit bulkier i might need to move her up to 6-9 clothes. Did you find this also?

pockets come with the insert 99% of the time but you can also buy extra boosters to pad them out. i never really had a problem with clothing and cloth but my lo is on the skinny side. you can also buy vest extenders.

yep like the bra ones

I've sent you some links re a bundle via pm.

brillaint thanks just making my milk monster some bottles and will have a look

so with a pocket one do you chnage the whole nappy or every time or just the liner?

is that a silly question

the whole nappy is advised as urine still gets onto the cloth and can cause irritation to LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->