co sleeping

hotmama

Reaction score
How many people let your kid sleep in your bed with you?

Drake was never co-sleeped with, he was already use to sleeping on his own because of the NICU. With Isis, I had her in my bed a couple of nights and then was strictly in the bassinet. She doesn't seem to mind :D

Bethanie doesn't sleep with us a lot as I think she likes to spread out and wriggle around lots, plus I get a little nervous now that she is more curious and mobile. We love cuddling her and sometimes I will have a little nap with her if im tired in the day (not often though). I used to nap with her every day in my bed and it was lovely.

DH and i have had the conversation before about cosleeping. I would rather the baby sleep in his/her own bed and maybe on very few occasions let them sleep with us (depending on situation). DH on the other hand likes to co-sleep, that's how his family has always done it. however, ive seen cosleeping in his family first hand lol and while it's nice to love your kid so much and sleep together...i thought it was a bit much that his 8 year old little brother was still sleeping in parents bed every day.

will have to see i suppose though. i cosleep with my dog now sooo...LOL

We co-sleep with Kaya, makes life soooo much easier

I totally agree with Marley :hi:

in the beginning I tried to get Juleika used to her cot and it was something in between the first time of her night sleep was in the cot and somewhen at night she ended up in our bed!

well, she is used to her cot now, but as she feeds a lot during the night nowadays and decided to go to sleep at around 6ish pm to 7ish pm, I do not bother about the cot anymore.

I just lie down together with her as mummy also needs to sleep ;)

i am too scared to squash the baby and then how do u get them out of your bed when they are bigger?

by telling them only babies sleep in bed with their mum and dad ;)

but honestly, atm I am suffering too much from sleep deprivation and can't be bothered about it!

last time, I wanted to prepare a hot chocolate and put instant coffee powder instead of chocolate powder in the milk :dohh:

we are struggling with this at the moment. Rhys has slept with us since he was a baby, now hes 15 months and we're trying to get him out of our bed.. its a nightmare!

Not going down the route of co sleeping , didnt do it with my daughter and she has no problem sleeping in her own bed but my OHs niece on the other hand has co slept with them and she still cant sleep in her own room,not good considering they have just had another baby!

my ohs daughter often climbs into bed with us when its her weekend, shes 5.

xx

No - THe thought scares me :D

I could imagine its easier for breastfeeding Mummies though!

I do sometimes. During the day all his naps are in the bad with me, however during the night he sleeps in his bassinet. Right now he doesn't mind, he sleeps fine in his bassinet at night. He does like to know someone is there though. Like, if he stirs at night and I dont reassure him that I'm here then he will wake up completely, but if I say something to him or rub his hand then he goes back to sleep fine. I'm scared to cosleep because OH is all over the place at night so I cannot put him between me and OH and I definitally dont want to put him on the end of the bed!

I co-slept with Seren but she was also usedtogoing into her crib and cot too (she would go in there at the beginning of the night then comeinto bed with me when she woke). She sleeps in her own bed, and doesn't stir all night. If she is feeling unwell or wants reassurance she will come into our bed but this is very rare, and I treasure these snuggly moments.

Cally has been in my bed since she was born, it just felt natural to have her there. I am not concerned at all that she might want to stay in our bed, if she does stay in longer then Seren I am fine with that as before I know it she will be all grown up and gone. Last night Seren came into the family bed at 2am,and I had her and Cally snuggling up to me, it was fab.

I didn't cosleep with DD as I didn't realise it was safe too, nor commonplace.

I coslept with DS from birth, but then eventually started putting him into his crib or cot at the beginning of the night until he woke for his first feed. Then he came into bed with us for the rest of the night, made breastfeeding so much easier.
He stopped coming into us altogether at about 9/10 months, which is when he dropped his early morning feed.

Last night Seren came into the family bed at 2am,and I had her and Cally snuggling up to me, it was fab.
Awww snuggles! Now I'd enjoy that bless :D

We co slept with Adam for the first 2 to 3 weeks but now he sleeps in his cot, Coby still comes in to us over night, want to try to put a stop to that but its a hard habbit to break him of now

x

i did it with my first wish i didnt as it was a hard habbit to break so didnt with my second or third i've made it a must to get out of bed and breast feed in the chair then put him back down in his cot as i feel and sleep alot better knowing his safe in his own bed.

It was hit and miss with me and DS. I read so much when I had Sam and my head was in bits and I didn't think my DH agreed with it. He soon came round though when he realised he got more sleep! So I always put him in his cot at first and then when he woke up during the night I'd bring him into bed When he was about 9 months old I think he started to feel a bit claustrophic as he couldn't wriggle around very much so after a feed I'd put him back in his cot and he would settle much quicker. Saying that, the last few weeks he seems to be having seperation anxiety so torn between bringing him back into bed or seeing if it's a passing phase.... He even cried for the first time ever when I dropped him off at nursery today! ;o(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->