Cold cuts?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by AlwaysPraying, Jun 4, 2011.

1. AlwaysPraying

AlwaysPraying Mom of two!

I posted in weaning with lots of views but zero replies. No biggie, just thought maybe I'd get more responses here.

Just wondering what you moms thought of serving cold cuts to baby? We have one called "naturals" and it contains: meat (chicken, turkey, whatever), lemon juice, celery season, sea salt, no preservatives at all. The sodium is reasonable compared to other foods I serve him. But generally cold cuts are frowned upon. Wondering if anyone serves their kids cold cuts, natural or not?

2. lauren10

lauren10 1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!

I haven't, but I also haven't looked for healthier ones. I think what you're describing sounds fine! it's not thin slices of meat that are bad...it's what is usually in them :)

3. mumoffive

mumoffive Well-Known Member

I cubed up cold meat to my little one when he was on finger foods. I dont see a problem. I still give them it and they love it. x

4. MrsNovBaby

MrsNovBaby Well-Known Member

I don't know about cold cuts - should think about it though! Hope other people can help xx

5. mumoffive

mumoffive Well-Known Member

tbh, the salt intake never crossed my mind at the time! I just thought it was meat. It was always cooked chicken i gave.