cold hands when in his cot?

ladymilly

proud mammy
Reaction score
Jack is in his big cot now as he is too long for his moses basket. he sleeps in a sleep bag and i put a couple of cellular blankets over him. well the last couple of nights his hands have been cold. any suggestions on what i can do?

mits or u can buy sleepsuits that fold over their hands to stop them getting cold :)

My health visitor told me his hands would be cold, and that it was fine, it wasnt affecting his actual body temp x

My LOs hands is always like this too. Her hands are constantly cold. But like someone has already mentioned earlier, this is fine cos their body temp wont be as cold.

yep, I've been told it's fine too. The best way to check if they're too cold is to slip your fingers under their clothes and feel the temp of their chest. Alasdair has his sleeping bag, a cellular and a fleecey type blanket. I'm planning on putting another cellular on him when it gets really cold again as it's been a bit warmer over the past week or so down here!

I have to put mits on max hes always got cold feet & hands

I put mitties on caitlyn else when i go get her in the morning i am welcomed with stone cold hands and its not nice when you've just come out of a snuggly warm bed. :rofl:

She has some sleep suits with foldy over hand bits too

xx

Even with mitts on their little hands can feel like ice but don't worry about it....as xarlenex says, it doesn't have any reflection of what their real body temperature is.

By the way....socks stay on better than scratch mitts;), honestly:happydance:

By the way....socks stay on better than scratch mitts;), honestly:happydance:

You beat me to it excatly what i was goin to suggest, but like the others said slide your hand down there back x

what about arms in the sleeping bags? don't they get cold? mind you abigail sleeps with her arms out anyway...

do you use blankets with the bags?

sorry to raid your thread...:blush:

thanks for all your replies girls :hugs: yeah i use 2 cellular blankets with the bag. his hands were cold again this morning but when i checked his body temp he was lovely and warm :happydance: i think i will try the sock idea though!!

I usually keep the tem of the room a bit cooler so she has clod hands often.
I sometimes put mittens on her,sometimes not.

Cold hands are fine.:)

jack gets cold hands too not nice trying to breastfeed with cold hands on ur boobs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->