Cold sores??

Which part was vicious and venomous please enlighten me? Because as far as I can see, my post was correcting misinformation, your posts have just been having digs at me and personal insults. At no point have I insulted you. Perhaps you should read your own posts back.

Your general attitude through this whole thread. I had even tried to be civil and you responded by belittling me and mocking me. Whatever floats your boat, I'm done here.

Goodbye then, go take your frustrations elsewhere and not out on me.

If you reAd the article you will know they can be passed on without kissing.
You would also know that a first cold sore in the late stages of pregnancy IS the worst possible time to get a cold sore. The fact that you've had 'plenty of them over your pregnancies' means that your bAby has antibodies and is not at risk.
Perhaps read in future.

and its also not a risk to the op so no need to scare monger.
i don't need to read i know it is not what your making it out (in my case)

Which I also posted about, again if you read my posts.

I read your posts, still not what your making out. the op isn't in late pregnancy so she doesn't have to worry about that. you have gave your info which doesn't apply to everyone. not sure why your still here arguing?

I'm not arguing. I was correcting your points that 1. Herpes is only passed through kissing and 2. It isn't a concern in pregnancy.
They were sweeping statements to make, and incorrect.
It's important expectant mums are informed of the correct information. Awareness saves lives.

I'm not arguing. I was correcting your points that 1. Herpes is only passed through kissing and 2. It isn't a concern in pregnancy.
They were sweeping statements to make, and incorrect.
It's important expectant mums are informed of the correct information. Awareness saves lives.

all the info you have gave isn't 100% accurate either.
i can't be bothered arguing your obviously looking for one.

the op is a long way from birth so no need to scare monger

It is correct. Feel free to research it yourself, the information is widely available.

It is correct. Feel free to research it yourself, the information is widely available.

it is only dangerous if you have your first coldsore and are about to give birth or have genital herpes noone on this thread is in that position so no not totally accurate.

There are hundreds of women reading this thread and you were giving out incorrect information. It would be irresponsible to not put the facts.
Once again, please read back on my posts, where I stated in the very first one that the danger is first cold sores towards end of pregnancy. Please stop trying to turn it around because you know that I am right.
I'm sorry that for what ever reason you feel the need to pick holes in that, however that is your issue, not mine.

Your not right part of what your saying is right .
But your making out its a danger too all women, when it's clearly not. I'm not the one feeling the need to argue so I'm not the one with the issue. But we'll done for ruining someone's thread by arguing with every poster on here.

If it was dangerous for every woman I'm sure my consultant would have been up in arms over it when I told her about reocuurant coldsores in my pregnancy but she wasn't and she is a obstetrician.
Says it all.

You've gave your speech now move on and stop pestering everyone .

Thanks for the replies ladies , I was aware of the risks to a new born, but was really asking if there's a concern when pregnant . Fingers x I don't get another anytime soon .

If it was dangerous for every woman I'm sure my consultant would have been up in arms over it when I told her about reocuurant coldsores in my pregnancy but she wasn't and she is a obstetrician.
Says it all.

You've gave your speech now move on and stop pestering everyone .

You've clearly not listened. You've clearly bypassed the posts where I've stated, several times, that first coldsores are the issue with pregnant women. Recurring coldsores means baby has antibodies and so is not a danger to baby.
At NO point have I said all cold sores are dangerous to all babies. Again, feel free to read back and check.
I'm not sure why you can't grasp this but feel free to continue with your ignorance. Well done. You're the one keeping this going repeating the same none sense, I'm merely defending myself from your rambling insults.
If there's one women that reads this thread that was unaware of the risks then I have no regrets correcting misinformation. The life of a baby is worth more than upsetting anybody or point scoring to me.
TTC 84, I'm sorry this has happened on your thread. Seems some women don't like having their information corrected which is sad and silly.
As I said earlier I think your baby will be absolutely fine but it's definitely worth a mention to your Dr

I'm sorry I don't meant to be pedantic but the previous posters are wrong.
It IS dangerous on the lips, it's a different vitus to genital herpes and it can be passed on without kissing as the skin can shed, or be passed on via hands if touched.
Now I'm not saying this to scare monger, but this lady is a personal friend of mine and has made a lot of effort to spread awareness.
In your case o think your baby should be fine as the cold sore will be long gone by time baby arrives, and if you get another then you should have built immunity and transferred to baby.
But please read, please be aware, please spread the information.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...over-danger-common-cold-sore-virus-late-.html

This is what I was going to say. Cold sores can and have killed babies.

I have had multiple cold sores over the years and had a few in my first pregnancy, one of which developed hours before I went into labour. I was so worried about passing it on to DS especially as non of the medical professionals I spoke to in the hospital could tell me whether he would have developed antibodies or not. I played it safe and made sure I didn't kiss him and that I used antibacterial hand gel every time I touched him. I got three more in his first 6 weeks of life. He was about 7 or 8 weeks old before I got to kiss him for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->