Come symptom spot with me!!!

S_Dowd

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
Although DH and I have been TTC for just shy of 6 yrs, I have renewed hope this cycle. DH has been taking some herbs/vitamins/drinking 12-16 cups of water per day/has been eating healthier/has cut down on his caffeine for the past few months. (He has high semen viscosity, borderline count and motility, and slightly low morphology)

The combination seems to be working as his semen looks a LOT thinner after liquification than it did a few months ago. (We test it ourselves from time to time to see if anything is working) Soooo, I am currently 5 dpo and here are my symptoms. Feel free to share yours!!!!

O'ed on 1/18/17 which was CD 20 (early ovulation for me) right side ovulation pain, lots of EWCM SUPER HIGH SEX DRIVE:

1-3 dpo- still have EWCM, but not as much as before ovulation. Slightly tender nipples and sore breasts. High and soft cervix. Sex drive through the roof

4dpo-still have EWCM, but ovulation test is negative (just double checking) so am confident I did O on the 18th Nipples are burning/tingling especially when I get cold. Soooo sensitive. Intense pain on lower left side of my uterus. Makes me actually say Ow ow ow and grab my stomach. Lasts for a couple minutes. Goes away, but I have random twinges there the rest of the night. High and soft cervix. Sex drive still through the roof

5dpo-still having random twinges on left side, nipples still extremely sensitive, especially when cold. Burning/tingly sensation, sometimes. Sex drive still super high (DH turning me down because we've had sex every day for over a week). CM finally turned to sticky, but cervix is still very high and soft. Felt cranky earlier for no real reason and bit DH's head off for something stupid.

So far that's it! As I've been typing this the twinges on my left side have been coming and going. We have been trying for sooooo long. I am praying this is finally our month. DH is getting a raise in April, so we are planning to start fertility treatments if I don't get pregnant before then. I really really want a natural bfp! (BCP make me crazy, so I don't even want to know what fertility drugs would do).

Please share your symptoms and keep me company over the next few days! I wish you lots and lots of :dust:

Hi I'll join you if you don't mine? I'm currently 3dpo and although we aren't ttc at the moment, we did have a whoops 2 days before I ovulated! So I'm in the tww :)

Sorry you have been trying for so long :( we tried for dd1 for 7 years so I know how you feel. Don't worry it will happen eventually if you want it enough :)

As far as symptoms go, I don't really have any apart from sore boobs which is normal for me after o. They always hurt from just before o till af starts! I also had ewcm for the past 2 days but today it seems to have gone sticky. When are you testing?

Hi dinky!!! You are so so sweet, and you give me hope that us LTTTCers can get our happy endings :) I want a baby more than anything in this world. All I've ever wanted is to be a wife and a mom. I do have the sweetest furbaby in the world, but I want a human baby, too!

Haha and I take it this "whoops" is welcome... at least on your end? I remember what that was like. Before we started TTC, we had a few whoopses, and I was always very pleased. <3 Can I ask if you ended up needing medical help to conceive your first baby?

I am 6 dpo, today. I am still having pinching/cramping/twinges mostly on the left side. Plus we can add constipation to the list of symptoms. And I could not sleep last night... of course that was because I was so excited/anxious/nervous/hopeful and I couldn't stop reading bfp stories. *sigh* I really should know better by now, but this month just feels different. I can't explain it. But my body has tricked me many many times before in every way possible. My nipples are still tender and sensitive. Really the cramping/twingey pain is the only symptom I really feel like means anything.

No idea when I'm testing. I do have some internet cheapies, but I really try to hold out til after I'm late for AF, which is due Jan 31st. So I guess Feb 1st??? What about you?

Not sure when I'm going to test, maybe around 10dpo so next Tuesday. Hoping to hold out a bit longer though!

Yes I did need help to conceive dd1 and I don't mind telling you my story :)

So after years and years of my teenage years of going to the doctor and telling them I was really suffering with period pains and them just fobbing me off telling me to 'empty my bowels and go on the pill' they still didn't think there was anything wrong. After around 5 years of ttc I went to my gp and told him how we were trying for a baby and nothing was happening so he referred me to the hospital so I could have some tests done. They thought I wasn't ovulating every month on my own due to the day 21 progesterone blood test so they gave me 6 cycles worth of clomid and they all failed. So they prescribed me another 4 rounds of clomid and sent me off to have a hsg done. They found that my fallopian tubes were clear and said that the dye they injected would clear out any debris that may have been there that could be preventing pregnancy and clomid was more likely to work after a hsg. But after another 4 failed attempts they booked me in for a laproscopy to see if they could see anything. They found I had quite severe endometriosis and my ovaries were stuck to the side of my womb and I had lesions everywhere so they burned off all the lesions and put my ovaries back to where they were supposed to be! They also found I have polycystic ovaries. After the op they prescribed me another 6 months worth of clomid and I fell pregnant on the 2nd cycle!

Now when I fell pregnant with dd2 I still had 4 cycles of clomid left over so after a few months of trying and nothing happening I took those tablets for the next 4 cycles and nothing happened! So I got booked in for my 2nd laproscopy. While I was waiting for the date to arrive I started drinking spearmint tea on a cycle where I still hadn't ovulated by cd30 so I started drinking it and I ovulated 5 days later, that was the cycle I got pregnant naturally with dd2 so I rang the hospital up straight away and cancelled my operation that was only 2 weeks away!

I fell pregnant in 2015 naturally using the pullout method as we wernt ttc but that ended in a loss at 8 weeks.

Wow that's a long story sorry about that lol!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story! I am just thrilled that you have been able to conceive after all that you have been through!

My little sister doesn't ovulate on her own. She has been NTNP for over 2 years, but she was told that she doesn't have PCOS! She goes months without a period, and when she does have one it's really just spotting.

She is scared to go on fertility medicine because between her and I we know 4 couples that have had either triplets or quadruplets on clomid! Our older sister had spontaneous fraternal twins, so our chances of having twins is higher than normal.

She has been drinking spearmint tea, and she thinks it might be helping. I also told her she should try Vitex. It is supposed to help even out cycles. I took it years ago when we thought I might be the issue. I do ovulate every cycle, but my cycles are a little irregular.

Once DH got tested, we realized it is actually MFI and we have been trying natural solutions ever since, since we currently can't afford IUI or IVF.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss :(

Okay, I am 7 dpo, today and here are my symptoms

Nipples are sooooo tender and I swear my boobs feel fuller. The tenderness was less the last couple of days but it is back with a vengeance. My sweet puppy walked on my chest and it took my breath away. (For reference, she is an 11 lb shih tzu... so not a big dog lol)

The other main symptom I have is my uterus. Oy. So much cramping/twingy/pinchiness STILL! It is almost constant and all on the left side. I also had some weird tingling sensations in the same area. In almost 6 years TTC, I have never had that happen before. Soooo bizarre!

Oh and my sex drive is still up, which has been really nice! I usually have a high drive, but it has been pretty pathetic the last few months. I attribute the higher sex drive to me eating healthier and not to anything pregnancy related, but I thought I should put it here for posterity.

Would love to hear your symptoms!!!!

Hi dowd! First I want to say how inspirational it is to see how upbeat and hopeful you are after trying for so long, I'm so sorry it's been such a journey. Have everything crossed that this is your BFP!!

I'm at 4dpo and am having such painful twinges right above my pubic bone. I thought they felt like AF cramps but now they're more shooting down into my legs if that makes sense?? I'm also super nauseous and hungry, feel dehydrated even though I'm drinking a ton of water.

I also had some ewcm when wiping (sorry) today - what do you think that's about?? I may just do an ov test to make sure like you did.

I'm fairly certain I released two eggs this month so I hope this is it!!

Welcome babylights!

You are so sweet. Trust me, I definitely have my moments of frustration. I just vented a little on another thread. I really haven't had any hope for a long long time. I didn't take any pregnancy tests for over a year because I knew they would be negative. My hope has been renewed because I am seeing some results w/ the natural remedies we are doing for DH, and this strange cramping is definitely new. I never cramp before AF, and it's getting stronger and more constant every day since 4dpo.

I definitely think you should take an ovulation test just to be sure. It made me feel better to see a negative. The extended EWCM was really weird, but I stand by my original O date because my boobs started hurting the day after. My boobs NEVER hurt before O, only after.

That is awesome that you hyperovulated! I swear that I have in the past, too! My sister has fraternal twins (no fertility drugs), so I do have an increased chance of having twins... you know if I could actually get knocked up in the first place lol! Do you have a history of fraternal twins in your family?

Oh and she only has 1 ovary, so she hyperovulated from the same side! I didn't know that was possible, so you may hyperovulate more often than you think even if you only get pains on one side!

I truly wish you the best of luck. Please keep posting your symptoms! :dust:

Yeah it was really tough! I used to cry myself to sleep at night thinking I'd never have children, but now my 2 are 6 and nearly 4 and I don't get a minutes peace lol sometimes I miss that quiet time and the freedom pre children but I wouldn't change them for the world! I worked hard to get them but they can be little devils at times lol! My advice is cherish the quiet freedom before little bambinos turn your life upside down, and trust me they will because I have a good feeling about you :) hopefully this cycle is it! Your symptoms sound promising :)

I'm 4dpo today. Don't really have any symptoms apart from sore boobs and grumpiness lol! I've been in a bad mood past 2 days but I always get like this after o although it's not normally till a few days before af arrives so the grumpiness has come early this cycle.

I've always ovulated on my own too except I used to have long cycles between 35 and 40 days so by the time I had my day 21 progesterone test I hadn't ovulated by then so they just assumed I didn't ovulate on my own. But by tracking my bbt and using opks I knew I was ovulating on my own. Now my cycles are much shorter, normally between 27 and 30 days. Do you temp or use opks? I use opks just to track my cycles and I find it easier knowing what day af will start as I still suffer with painful periods so I can plan around them

Dinky!!! You are so so so sweet and encouraging. :)

I really do enjoy our quiet life. I always say everything in life comes with blessings, and that includes infertility. It is soooo hard, sometimes, but I also know I have a beautiful marriage that is strong and solid. We have had 6 1/2 years of marriage without kids to really grow close. I just feel really really ready to move forward. I feel like we are stuck here. Our life is beautiful, but we feel like we are missing out on such a powerful and incredible experience. It's really hard because DH's dad passed away the day after Thanksgiving 2015. I told DH that everyone was going to get pregnant in the next year. It's human nature to do something life-affirming after a death. Well, one of his sisters had a baby in November 2016, another of his sisters is due in March, his brother's wife is also due in March, and another of his brother's wife is due in June. The only married couples that did not get pregnant in 2016 are us and another couple that has fertility issues. (He's the oldest of 10 kids and 6 are married, so far)

I also used to have very long and irregular cycles. They have gotten a lot shorter and more regular since I cut gluten out of my diet (I have an intolerance to it, I didn't do it because it's trendy lol I miss bread every day haha)

I notice that my cycles tend to be shorter when I eat healthier. This cycle will be 32 days if I don't get pregnant which is really good for me! And I had a 21 day blood test once that showed I hadn't ovulated.... but I am a late ovulator. Some doctor's just don't listen. *sigh* She royally screwed up my cycles by putting me on progesterone cream. I gained 15 lbs and stopped ovulating. I was having 21 day cycles. It was a disaster. (This was before we found out we have male factor issues... everyone loves to blame the girl lol)

Did you do anything to make your cycles shorter?

I charted my temps for 3 years, but now I know my body so well I really don't need to. I mostly track CM and use OPK's if I need to. (This month my CM was weird, so I did use OPKs. They confirmed what I already thought)

I was going to start temping again a few cycles ago, but my puppy, Arabella, decided to use my basal thermometer as a chew toy.

No twins in my family that I know of, but I'm over 35 and they say there's a higher incidence so I'm hoping! I guess not everyone would see it as a positive, but I do and anything positive attributed to ladies 35+ - I'll take it! lol

That's so cool about your sister - are there twins in your family before hers?

I hope you get twins!!! That would be amazing :)

Nope! She was shocked to say the least lol

They are 7 1/2, now. (B/G twins) She had a singleton the first time around (he is 9 almost 10).

So she is proof that you don't need family history to have twins! Of course because of her, I now have a family history of it lol. We've been trying for so long, I would be totally okay with twins. I know it is a lot of work, but I feel like I need to play catch-up. Everyone is lapping me with having babies!

Oh and I am a moron and decided to test early. At 7dpo. Of course it was a :bfn: I knew it would be before I opened the package. But the cheapie was there and it was calling to me.

And of course I have line-eye and can see a shadow of a shadow when I shine a bright light and squint. lol Ugh this TWW is going to kill me. I haven't had one like this in months and months.

My best friend is convinced a baby is trying to implant. She said my achey crampy feelings are word for word what she experienced with baby #1. She said even if I get my period she still thinks my body is trying to conceive. I love her <3 I hope everyone can have a friend like her!

She sounds amazing and I'm so glad you have that support &#10084;&#65039; I seem to have more and more promising symptoms each month and DH says that it's my body getting closer to getting pregnant. I keep trying to tell him that I don't think it works that way but he's convinced lol

Sorry about the BFN, wanna post it and we can stare and obsess over it together?? I'm having such intense cramps too, super low in my abdomen and feeling like they're shooting down my leg where they join my pelvis. I so so hope the aches and cramps are signs of BFPs for us both!

Oops, I threw the test away... There was seriously nothing there lol. Besides, I can't figure out how to post pics on here. I tried to post one of my puppy, and the file was too big. And I still have a drawer full of IC's so I'm sure we will have plenty of chances to obsess over the next week lol... if I can figure out how to post that is.

Awww your DH sounds so sweet! Mine told me at the beginning of this month that he really thinks this is going to be our year :)

I hope these cramps mean something. This evening that super intense sharp pain that I had at 4dpo came back for about a minute. And now it's back to the dull achey feeling. All on the left side. Occasionally, there is a twinge on the right, but 98% is focused on the left.

My bestie said hers lasted 5-7 days with her first, and for her it was word for word what I described.... we shall see.

The radiating down your legs sounds very uncomfortable! Do you know when you are going to test?

P.S. Your chart looks great!

Your friend does sound amazing! I never had that support because I never told anyone. I just told people that I didn't want kids as I was enjoying my freedom too much which was really a massive lie. I never told anyone apart from dp obviously about the struggles and tests etc. I hated it when people asked me when we are having kids or told me it's my turn next because it hurt so much. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters and they all had children. All my friends had children and it does hurt! I do wish I had spoken about it to people. Maybe it would have made me feel better about it but I just bottled it all up and it ate away at me. So I'm glad your not going through that because I really did feel lonely!

I haven't really done anything to shorten my cycles they have just gone like that since my loss in 2015 for some reason :/

5dpo today and no symptoms. My boobs aren't as tender as they normally are, normally they make me want to cry! My hair needs to be washed more often like it's more oily but I have no strange twinges or pains. This tww seems to be dragging!!

That sounds terrible, Dinky :( I'm so sorry you had to go through that. We were so excited when we started trying that we told family and some friends, so they obviously realized we had trouble when we didn't get pregnant.

Now, when people ask me when we are planning on having children, I just say we have been trying for years and that we have trouble. I don't usually volunteer the information, but I am honest when asked. I have been amazed by the love and compassion of people. I think it also educates people and helps them to be more sensitive in the future about asking that question. Plus, a lot of people have shared with me their struggles by me being open about it. I think I would explode if I kept it bottled up. I am so thankful for all the love and support, and I am truly sorry you didn't get that when you were going through it.

That is so interesting that they just shortened on their own! Our bodies are so weird sometimes. lol

Ugh I know what you mean about this tww dragging. You are on the early side of your tww, so maybe your symptoms will start showing up in a couple of days! And some women never have symptoms, so you never know. Did you have any tww symptoms when you were pregnant with your kids?

Okay so I am 8dpo today. Last night, I got a really sharp pain like I had at 4dpo. Lasted about a minute. After that, the twinges/cramping got worse and lasted the rest of the night.

This morning, I had nothing until about 10 mins ago, but now it's back to the dull twingy achey pinchy pain. Still on the left side in the same place.

My nipples are super tender. Just the tips. I think my boobs are fuller, but it's hard to tell. Cervix is still high and medium softness... my cervix is posterior so I can't reach the opening to see if it is open or closed. CM is sticky/creamy

I actually feel pretty normal overall. Not too moody or irritable, which is always a PMS sign for me. Not too tired. My lower back was hurting last night, but it's better today.

Hello! 5dpo for me today. Everything you describe with the twinges and pinches and ache sounds exactly like what I'm feeling. Occasionally I have something super sharp and shabby, but in general there's a crampiness that isn't normally there. My temps went up again which is unusual for me. Ugh I hate this part of the TWW where it's not even possible to have pregnancy symptoms but yet here I am obsessing - ugh.

Dowd everything is sounding so promising for you!! And 8dpo means you def could've implanted already!!! I feel like the boob symptoms are super telling

Babylights!!! That's amazing! Your temp going up sounds very promising... esp since that isn't your norm! My crampy/stabby/twingey stuff started at 4 dpo. So I think at 5 dpo it is definitely possible to be an implantation symptom! I hope this is a good sign for both of us!

I'm trying not to read too much into my boobs because I get boob pain during the tww, sometimes (I swear every cycle is different). The crampy pain is the only thing I have never felt before.

It has been a lot less, today, or maybe I've just been distracted and haven't been paying as much attention. I was on the phone from the time I got up until about 10 mins ago. DH, older sister, Dad, DH again, Best friend. I got nothing accomplished, today lol

Ooh I so hope it's a good sign for us Dowd!! The cramps are also different for me this early so FX! It's gotten to the point in the day where I just want it to be over so it'd be another dpo and I can see what my symptoms are. Lame

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->