• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confessions of a pregnant woman

There isn't advice in the UK to avoid deli meats I don't think. They've even said that parma Ham is OK, though I have avoided that.
Despite wanting this baby for so long and loving her so much it's taking all my strength to get through this, that and about 150g of chocolate a day!!! (not every day, but it has been known). I'm not eating nearly healthily enough. And since my dad died 6 weeks ago I've had several glasses of wine!! Basically I've become a pig and can't even exercise because of incompetent cervix!

Im adicted to nutella (hazelnut spread) I eat it by the spoonfull..
Ive had 1.5kg in the last 6 weeks ...

So lucky I havent been putting on weight lately lol

The worst I've done so far is smoke half a cigarette after a huge blowout with hubby. It was terrible, and I brushed my teeth several times afterwards to try and get rid of the taste. (I quit 2 months before getting pregnant).
I've eaten a few things that aren't recommended for pregnancy, like runny eggs, brie cheese, deli sandwiches, hot dogs, and tons of sugary sweets. In the end, I figure if my body is craving something, it must serve some kind of purpose right? Most of the food stuff has to do with bacteria anyhow, and I buy locally almost always which for eggs at least eliminates the issue. It's really uncommon for healthy farm animals to have disease or for organic local produce to contain any bacteria that can't be washed off.
I'm also guilty of taking really hot showers and using a microwavable heat pack to ease round ligament pains. :p

in the end, remember that women have been pregnant for thousands of years and babies have come out strong and healthy in most scenarios. heck, my grandparents smoked during their pregnancies!! and drank! and probably ate whatever they wanted. it's good that we know the risks of bad behaviors so we can be cautious nowadays... but abstaining from turkey sammiches to avoid a small chance of listeria? i've got a pretty good immune system and i take probiotics. i'd like to believe that any bad food bacteria doesn't last long in my gut. glad this thread was started. i needed to confess!

I ate a hot dog a couple of weeks ago.. I still feel extremely guilty as even though listeria is very rare, it still does happen. If my baby were to die because I had to have a hotdog i couldn't live with my self. A couple of months ago there was a listeria outbreak here in Australia, one baby was stillborn and two elerdly people died, it was in brie cheese.
This thread makes me feel better that im not the only one making silly mistakes :)

oh and i haven't been exercising, at all! I work full time managing a retail store and am way too exhausted to do anything by the time i get home :s

Just curious from the posts in this thread ... are we NOT supposed to eat beef ? gosh i have been gorging on and on for some time ..

I haven't exercised at all this whole pregnancy. Other than walking everywhere I go, and walking up and down the stairs in my house every day, I've been super lazy!

When hubby is on late shift I dont have the energy to cook a proper meal so I snack on the most random things & I am obsessed with vinegar!
I usually have a coffee and a glass of pepsi max, maybe some choc a day too ooops

X x

Hmm, things ive done: eaten a hot dog, eaten a turkey deli sandwich, eaten mayo, eaten garlic aoli sauce (this was before I knew it was bad, but still), drank a couple glasses of wine, smoked some pot to get my appetite in the beginning because I was not eating and losing weight. That sounds really awful but it was all in tiny amounts. (And fully disclosed to my doctor who kind of laughed at me and said not to worry). I also drink coke occasionally, though never a full glass or can- just enough to satisfy my craving. I can't live without chocolate, either. I also take baths frequently!

I sound awful! I also take Ambien sometimes. *waiting for someone to yell at me*

I had an Italian BMT from Subway yesterday :haha: MMmmm yummy. Really, I'm not too proud since I know how most employees handle meats and don't take things too seriously but I also don't want to be overly paranoid. Not like I am doing it regularly as it's the only deli meat I've had so far :haha:

I am supposed to be off caffeine entirely as it worsens my heart condition but I've been using it to help with my migraines. I felt a bit of caffeine was most likely safer than the meds.

I've been eating canned tuna quite a bit and cream cheese too. I honestly didn't feel there was enough risk associated. I make myself some tuna or veggie+cream cheese wraps for lunch so that makes for a nice light lunch. I figure maintaining my weight and eating healthy things was more important.

Been drinking too much chocolate milk. :dohh:

But probably the worst thing I did was have fondue. I was craving it sooo darn much I just had to have it. I took extra precautions like using an entirely different plate for the raw meat, having a bowl of hot soapy water to rinse my fingers each time, and used those lemon wipes too. I made sure to use 'fresh' chicken too. I'm sure it's fine and most likely not too much of a risk but I did worry about handling raw chicken some. However, I would do it again. :blush:

I am a caffeine-aholic 😳

I have also eaten a slice of cheesecake and a spoonfull of soft ice cream lol

I love this thread i am glad im not the only one!

Hmm, things ive done: eaten a hot dog, eaten a turkey deli sandwich, eaten mayo, eaten garlic aoli sauce (this was before I knew it was bad, but still), drank a couple glasses of wine, smoked some pot to get my appetite in the beginning because I was not eating and losing weight. That sounds really awful but it was all in tiny amounts. (And fully disclosed to my doctor who kind of laughed at me and said not to worry). I also drink coke occasionally, though never a full glass or can- just enough to satisfy my craving. I can't live without chocolate, either. I also take baths frequently!

I sound awful! I also take Ambien sometimes. *waiting for someone to yell at me*

glad i'm not the only one who smoked a little pot in the first tri. i felt guilty, but honestly it was the only thing that kept my nausea at bay. yeah, i could have asked my doc for anti-nausea pharmaceuticals but to be honest cannabis has been around for a looooongggg time and there aren't any studies that show pot use damages a fetus. if anything, it's the act of smoking that restricts the blood flow that does damage. all the studies are pot combined with either cigarettes or alcohol use. oh well. it's been so many months i'd almost forgotten that confession. oops.

well ive drank lots of coke at it was the only thing that helped my sickness lol .... and i still now and then have the odd runny egg, and yesterday i helped my neice bake a cake for her mom and yes i licked the spoon and it was flippin amazing lol

glad i'm not the only one who smoked a little pot in the first tri. i felt guilty, but honestly it was the only thing that kept my nausea at bay. yeah, i could have asked my doc for anti-nausea pharmaceuticals but to be honest cannabis has been around for a looooongggg time and there aren't any studies that show pot use damages a fetus. if anything, it's the act of smoking that restricts the blood flow that does damage. all the studies are pot combined with either cigarettes or alcohol use. oh well. it's been so many months i'd almost forgotten that confession. oops.

my sister smokes ''pot'' she is an addict and when she was haveing my neice she did bless her try to stop but it was hard if anything she would have done more harm than good trying to stop and her midwife said to carry on smoking it but to not smoke as much, but i tell you one thing her kids are very very bright... smokeing fags is bad but i dont think somking pot is its a natrual drug

LOVE THIS THREAD! just had half a carrot cake with j won't say how many calories and how much sugar in !!!! Eek! The coke thing am guilty too can't help it even tho I did give up caffeine completely with DS (don't know how i did it!) runny eggs .....mmmmmm

I'm guilty of the caffeine thing too. I drink way too much, but I wouldn't be able to get through the day without it between working night shift and being home with my 3 and 4yr old boys all day. I love coffee too, and it helps with migraines.

I forget my prenatal vitamins a few times a week, I smoke a cigarette at 22 weeks, and I'm secretly ecstatic that we are expecting a girl after two boys.

Anybody got something to say about that????? Lol

So far I've had a soft serve ice cream from an ice cream van, about 5 subways since getting pregnant, a glass of wine, half a 500ml can of relentless energy drink, I sometimes skip meals all together, and I don't take any prenatal vitamins because I don't believe in them!

Oh and about 3/4 cups of tea a day!

Ah yes! Licking the spoon after making a cake! I did more than lick the spoon, I lickd the spoon and th bowl...and made sure to leave extra batter in the bowl after pouring the batter into the cake pan! It is soooo good!!!

I am so happy to see so many of you have had a glass of wine or two..or five! I have really thought about having one!

I never knew we should not sleep on back until I read this thread! Big mistake telling hubby! Last night he kept poking me when I would lay on my back! Haha

And ice cream?! I have been eating tons of ice cream! What is wrong with ice cream?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->