• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confessions of a pregnant woman

And ice cream?! I have been eating tons of ice cream! What is wrong with ice cream?!

It's homemade ice cream that might have raw eggs in it that needs to be avoided. Ice Cream from the store, or an ice cream truck is fine since it's pasteurized.

Unless you've been told to avoid sugar like the plague don't stress about having it.

I baked a cake the other day and licked the bowl, even though the cake mix had raw egg in :blush:

Oh - and when I was 10 weeks along I rode a horse. For all of 5 mins, as it walked slowly down a field. But still, I felt bad....

I've drank a cup of coffee every morning ever since I got into the second trimester. I know that they say some caffeine is okay but I still feel guilty.

I want to eat sweet things all day, everyday. I have had the odd glass of wine and coffee. I'm 21 weeks and have put on a stone. Surprised I'm not bigger to be honest! I regularly forget my vitamins and I wake up on my back...confessing is making me feel bad...
I walk to work and back - 2.5 miles a day but do no other exercise...I could go on... eek!

I stopped taking my pre natal's at 14 weeks and never restarted them. mainly because I forgot but also because I was so sick they weren't staying down anyway.

I drink way too much fizzy pop and sometimes have a can of coke a day.

I eat my eggs still slightly runny (who wants a hard egg with their bacon sandwich!) and Maom sweets are my downfall

I stopped taking my pre natal's at 14 weeks and never restarted them. mainly because I forgot but also because I was so sick they weren't staying down anyway.

I drink way too much fizzy pop and sometimes have a can of coke a day.

I eat my eggs still slightly runny (who wants a hard egg with their bacon sandwich!) and Maom sweets are my downfall

Your last quote cracked me up and ur too right who wants a hard egg with there bacon sarny its so wrong lol

i had a cooked through steak (gutted, i normally like it so raw a good vet could revive him) tonight, with some peppercorn sauce. it had 1.5% brandy in it, i feel so bad but surely thats like a farty little amount.

i had poached runny eggs on toast before i realized it wasn't allowed, i crave it madly but i have resisted for the last couple of months lol :(

love this thread makes me feel loads better.

Here's my confession....I hate being pregnant.
I am so happy and blessed to be having a baby, but I have felt like such shit almost every day I wish I could skip the pregnant part...

I am so happy and blessed to be having a baby, but I have felt like such shit almost every day I wish I could skip the pregnant part...

Me too. I hate it. Can't wait till baby is out and in my arms. And i know that the third tri sucks so I'm not looking forward to what's to come the next 13 wks...

I said to my o/h last week that I really don't understand women who say they love being pregnant.

I spent from 4w to 6w bloated and full of wind, from 6w to 19w throwing up virtually everything I ate only for that to stop and for the heartburn, ligament pain and hip pain to kick in.

My skin resembles that of a teenager, my boobs haven't grown in size but my nipples have which frankly looks ridiculous and I've yet to see a single day of this 'glow' that people talk about and I can't imagine that 3rd tri is going to be any easier.

I am blessed to be pregnant, I can't wait to be a Mummy but the only thing I love about being pregnant is feeling the kicks and the movements. Roll on July

For all the mommies-to-be who don't take their prenatals: My doctor told me they're useless more than 49 days after conception. That's when the brain stem is developing and you need the extra folic acid. After that point, she said I can take any multivitamin I want to or just eat a balanced diet. I'm taking the rest of my prenatal bottle but then will probably switch over to my old multivitamin. I also asked about taking a calcium supplement since I don't drink milk. She told me to eat more ice cream! Well.. she was joking about that.. but said I could just eat other healthy dairy products but not to obsess!

My skin resembles that of a teenager, my boobs haven't grown in size but my nipples have which frankly looks ridiculous and I've yet to see a single day of this 'glow' that people talk about and I can't imagine that 3rd tri is going to be any easier.

LOL oh man, that's so funny. I could have written that myself. But I actually am enjoying being pregnant for the most part, somehow. I just love feeling my little wiggle worm in there kicking me. I'm sure I'll be eating those words in a few weeks when she actually starts hurting me with her kicks... but for now we're okay.

LOL oh man, that's so funny. I could have written that myself. But I actually am enjoying being pregnant for the most part, somehow. I just love feeling my little wiggle worm in there kicking me. I'm sure I'll be eating those words in a few weeks when she actually starts hurting me with her kicks... but for now we're okay.

Laying in bed and feeling the movement is by far the most amazing feeling - kinda makes all the Crapness worth it

on my recent babymoon I enjoyed and craved hotdogs and had 1 almost everyday!!!As well upped my caffeine to 1 coffee, .5 cafe mocha and 2 cokes a day as we were walking alot and I needed the energy. Now that I am home, I am back to being good:happydance: except for the fact that despiote having a fridge full of healthy food I am too tired to cook dinner (and dont want what I have) and have ended up ordering in chicken or Chinese food over the past week....

For all the mommies-to-be who don't take their prenatals: My doctor told me they're useless more than 49 days after conception. That's when the brain stem is developing and you need the extra folic acid. After that point, she said I can take any multivitamin I want to or just eat a balanced diet. I'm taking the rest of my prenatal bottle but then will probably switch over to my old multivitamin. I also asked about taking a calcium supplement since I don't drink milk. She told me to eat more ice cream! Well.. she was joking about that.. but said I could just eat other healthy dairy products but not to obsess!

I hate taking medicine everyday. I'm so stubborn about it! I eat like crap though and want to be healthy and kid myself with the natals lol.

I said to my o/h last week that I really don't understand women who say they love being pregnant.

I spent from 4w to 6w bloated and full of wind, from 6w to 19w throwing up virtually everything I ate only for that to stop and for the heartburn, ligament pain and hip pain to kick in.

I am blessed to be pregnant, I can't wait to be a Mummy but the only thing I love about being pregnant is feeling the kicks and the movements. Roll on July

I love being pregnant but that's because I've had either no symptoms or very very mild symptoms. Now in my third tri when I'm huge and rarely comfortable, I'm sure I'll be here to gripe and begging to get the baby out already!

Oh dear, here I go...I drink coke (or similar evrry day), i eat too many sugary snacks every day (cakes, doughnuts etc), I still have runny eggs, I do my steaks medium/rare,
I always forget my prenatal vitamins, I sleep on my stomach, I have had a few italian BMT subways (footlong every time!) theyre too good to resist. I havent been able to resist anything I have been craving.. Ive had too many chinese takeaways and also a couple of kebabs since getting pregnant. I had 3 chippys in a week also.

How am I not the size of a whale?!

^^ all of this, except I am the size of a whale!

I just thought of something that makes me feel bad...I'm a redhead (strawberry blond) and I honestly love my hair but I don't want a redheaded baby at all... :(

My husband would love a redheaded little girl but I'm really hoping we get lucky and the baby has anything but red hair....

I just thought of something that makes me feel bad...I'm a redhead (strawberry blond) and I honestly love my hair but I don't want a redheaded baby at all... :(

My husband would love a redheaded little girl but I'm really hoping we get lucky and the baby has anything but red hair....

How funny! We always want what we don't have when it comes to hair. My hubby was born with red hair (it's now strawberry blondish) and I am kind of hoping that our little girl comes out with red hair. :) Although I was born with black hair, so I guess we will see!

This thread is great, I can share

I have caved in on ham without heating it, I just miss ham sandwiches so much. Also have caved in on coffe a few times, and black coke. I did sushi too, only the cooked kind but still. Also hot dogs, they are just too good, only once. I am DYING for a runny egg but I haven't caved yet.

I also have thoughts of what baby will look like and wish that she has blue eyes like me, my DH has brown so probably she will get brown, but sometimes I wish she had blue eyes, it makes me feel awful :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->