• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confessions of a pregnant woman

one thing i really really fancied is kopperburg strawberry and lime cider i really really wanted it but didnt because i knew id feel so guilty if i had some :(

Lol you girsl are silly most the stuff I completly space like subway never been a big fan but since I became pregnant this time been craving like crazy I also like runnyish (I cook mine most the way) eggs I've prob don't a few things I shouldn't I drink to much coffee and soda hhehe and I've been craving beer that when hub opens one I take a few sips to just get the taste and feel of the beer even tho it takes all I have not to chug it lol. I've also been eating so much crap! Haha so tired :/ I don't want to stand there and cook plus 5 mins on my feet and I'm crying in pain!
Luckly tho myy friends and family don't seem to judge when i /we (my cuz is pregnant too) do these things lol

Why can't pregnant women eat soft serve ice cream?

one thing i really really fancied is kopperburg strawberry and lime cider i really really wanted it but didnt because i knew id feel so guilty if i had some :(

Oooh I know that feeling!!!!!! Kopperburg do a really really nice non alcoholic mixed fruits cider....it is really tasty :) xxxxx

Apparently, there's a higher risk of listeria/food poisoning. But, seriously, out of all the years I've been eating it, it's never got me sick, so I figure what are the chances of it doing so now?

I had no idea about the ice cream but I pity the person who will stop me from having it! :haha:

Never gotten sick on ice cream and I'd be surprised to ever be. Ice cream is an instant cure to all my grumps :haha:

most of this stuff i do anyway (except cigarettes and alcohol)

i eat runny eggs/cake batter/cold meats ect

i drink fizzy a lot and did with DS too!

eating rubbish because.im too tired to stand and cook.

lifting/moving stuff im a carer so have to move heavy weight.

x

Oh dear, here I go...I drink coke (or similar evrry day), i eat too many sugary snacks every day (cakes, doughnuts etc), I still have runny eggs, I do my steaks medium/rare,
I always forget my prenatal vitamins, I sleep on my stomach, I have had a few italian BMT subways (footlong every time!) theyre too good to resist. I havent been able to resist anything I have been craving.. Ive had too many chinese takeaways and also a couple of kebabs since getting pregnant. I had 3 chippys in a week also.

How am I not the size of a whale?!

Oooh I know that feeling!!!!!! Kopperburg do a really really nice non alcoholic mixed fruits cider....it is really tasty :) xxxxx

OMG really where can i get it from :happydance: ive craved it for ages now i wont let oh buy any incase i crack open a bottle and start necking it :haha:

Okay so my OH is in the restaurant biz and he told me in the US all cheese sold in stores is pasteurized. So then can't we just eat soft cheese? Or is there something else wrong w it?

Apparently, there's a higher risk of listeria/food poisoning. But, seriously, out of all the years I've been eating it, it's never got me sick, so I figure what are the chances of it doing so now?

That's because listeria food poisoning rarely affects anyone other than people with a compromised immune system, so pregnancy leaves you vulnerable to it.

Okay so my OH is in the restaurant biz and he told me in the US all cheese sold in stores is pasteurized. So then can't we just eat soft cheese? Or is there something else wrong w it?

Nope. Not a thing.

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend pregnantchicken.com's posts on what is safe and what isn't. She is SO FUNNY about the OMG PREGNANT LADY!! Better safe than sorry and don't eat anything! garbage you see everywhere!

Oh, I also saw a website (reputable one too) that said don't eat any vegetables due to listeria risk. After that, I pretty much quit worrying about it. I am not eating any differently than I was before in regards to avoiding food poisoning.

ive had more takeaways in the past 3 months than i have in the past 2 years! i am craving chicken sooooo badly and the fatigue coupled with the craving made it so much easier to just order in!

saying iv eaten a lot of chicken (and 2 bacon sandwiches :blush:) is a big confession because i was a vegetarian before getting pregnant!

ummm what else... iv had a few undercooked eggs but theyre lion marked so its all good! i also ate through all my pregnancies and still eat a lot of peanut butter because i had no idea that the rule only changed to allow it very recently!

ahhh.

xxx

As much as people worry about listeria from soft serve and lunch meat/hot dogs, the most recent outbreaks have been like spinach and stuff – thus the “avoid veggies” website. Just always wash your veggies before you eat! You can’t exactly wash soft serve! I always heat lunch meat and boil hot dogs, so I eat those two. I eat regular ice cream all the time (not soft serve) the stuff you get and take home and scoop.

I drank tons of soda, like 1 a day in first tri every day and 2 per day in second tri, I have been on limited consumption in the third tri, but I still have to have a soda some mornings, the lack of sleep due to the heartburn and stuff has made it where I can’t get by without it sometimes.

So yeah I eat hot dogs (boiled or thoroughly grilled), I eat lunch meat (heated), I eat ice cream (not soft serve), I drink caffeine (under 200 mgs per day I safe)….

I do eat my baby spinach without washing it first….

at 17 1/2 wks on valantines my Dh made a candle lit dinner and poured me a tom collins in a decent size wine glass he said it has 1 1/2 oz of liquor I don't think that would hurt the baby (I actually think it has less b/c there was leftovers in the frigde where he mixed it in another glass). I drank all of it and it was sooooo gooood. I have also been on coke icee cravings like 1 a day of the 32oz for the past 2 wks :dohh:. I have not been walking my 1 mile a day as dr and dh told me to. I have had steak that has a little pink but more done then I like it. I sleep on my back sometimes I use to hate it but now it seems it the most comfortable positiion sometimes. And if I go out to restruant I get sweet tea but did not start really doing it all the time till about 16 wks. I am a little dissappointed I am not having a girl b/c I wanted to have the first girl in the immediate family but hey it could still happpen.

So far...

I've eaten goat cheese, soft-serve ice cream, snow, WAY too much sweets (chocolate, hard ice cream, juices..) and salty junk food (chips, popcorn, pretzel chips..)

I've drank way too much Diet Coke (~2 - sometimes more - per day), coffee early on (until I started making me nauseous), half a glass of champagne the day we found out we were pregnant (which also happened to be New Year's Eve!), and a sip or two of my husband's beer.

I haven't exercised. Like, at all.

I went downhill skiing soon after I found out I was pregnant. And fell twice.

I've always wanted a girl and fear I'll be disappointed if I find out I'm having a boy.

I don't want the baby to come on his/her due date or two days before. I'd be pretty disappointed with either really. Due date is Friday the 13th of September (2 days early would be 9/11 - I'm in the US).

Oh, and I go days, literally days, without drinking water. A typical day is one glass. On a good day, I drink 2-3 glasses. I think that's what I feel most guilty about!

I haven't taken my pre-natals in THREE DAYS!

I'll get on that tonight....

I have had Subway 5 times, they were all toasted. I have had a few venti Starbucks coffee (like right now as I write this). Also a few sips of red wine. Ahhh I feel better venting now and knowing I'm not alone lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->