Confused

Simmylew

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
New to all this and was just after some advice.
I have pcos that could say was in slight control since losing 4 stone, I was due on 26th dec, but with my pcos I'm normally a few days before or a few days out. On the 5th jan I had enough of waiting and got a home pregnancy test, one of the clear blue weeks indicator, witch came back positive 1-2 witch meant I was around 3-4 weeks. That night I sufferd heavy bleeding, went to the out of hours and they suspected an early pregnancy miscarriage, and advised me to go to my gp in the morning, witch I did, and they made an appointment for the Thursday at the early pregnancy unit. The bleeding still happening and myself getting more and more worried called my doctor she refered ME to see a gynaecologist, they performed an ultra sound and interal scan, to witch nothing could be seen. She then thought I was also having a miscarriage. I had blood tests and was advised to come back Thursday for following blood tests. My blood tests came back as my hormone level reading 55 my Thursday blood test came back as reading 97 and today's one has come back as reading 157!! All this time I'm still bleeding, with a slight discomfort I'm currently waiting on a doctor to contact me back for the next step because I have baffled the nurses. All I want is either my baby to be safe, or a straight answer on why my body is acting this way! Have anyone else had a problem like this, or know a reason it could be like this?

Many thanks
Simone
Xx

Didn't want to read and run. I haven't heard of this but hope it has a happy ending for you. Sounds like it could it your numbers are increasing.

They are increasing slightly, but doubleing like they should in an early pregnancy, I'm just really confused now, and all the waiting around is driving me slowly insane!
I didn't expect an normal result, but I would love nothing more than answers
Xx

So sorry Hun I can't really help you, just want to wish you luck and fingers crossed everything turns out positively xx

It would be way too early to see anything on an ultrasound if you are only 3-4 weeks.

As for the bleeding, I'd be worried if it was heavy, but I've also read that a small percentage of women bleed and get periods throughout their pregnancy! Maybe you're one of them?

It is good that your HCG is increasing, but it should be doubling at this stage.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but wait & see, as frustrating as that is :(

Sorry your going through this. , it must be so confusing for you. I don't know the ins and outs of the details but I know of someone who thought she was having a misscarrage (which she did) but turned out she was expecting twins and lost one but not the other. I don't know if that could be a possibility with you?

What ever the outcome I wish you all the best and fingers crossed for you :)

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I've just got off the phone to the doctor, she thinks it could be a very early pregnancy, I have to go back Monday for more blood tests and possibly another scan to see if anything is visible now.

I am very confused and unsure on how to feel, I want to be positive but I also don't want to get my hopes up to much incase it's the worst outcome

Twins do run in my family, my mother had twins and lost one and my brother is still alive and kicking. So I'm hoping I have a similar situation.
And also my aunt had normal periods thougt Her first pregnancy so I'm also hoping for that outcome.

I will keep you all updated. Thank you all so much for your kind words xxx

These types of things can be genetic. Worrying isn't going to help, but I guess don't get your hopes up too much either. I still don't have mine up & I've seen a heartbeat. Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->