confusing time...

Twist

Reaction score
So here's my story,

I am getting married in just over a week, we are getting married and having our honeymoon in Punta Cana. I went off the pill a month ago in a vain attempt to loose some weight before the wedding and my OH and I decided to not do the BD until the wedding (shakes head.... as if that was going to work...) so long story short,... we didn't make it a week... My OH has been wanting to get pregnant for as long as I can remember and honestly I would be thrilled. Our actual plan was to wait and start trying in the autumn but we talked about it the other day and we have decided that after the wedding I will NOT go back on the pill and we will just see what happens. I have heard that it takes most people an average of 6 months to conceive, so we should be ok.

But now here it is, 4 days after my AF was due and nothing!! I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative (was suppose to be 95% correct), so I am fairly certain that I'm not PG. But I still havent started my period and I have none of the symptoms I usually have (sore back, cramps etc.)

Is it common for things to be out of sync after going off the pill for a while? The trouble is is that I leave for Punta Cana in 5 days and I REALLY do not want to have my AF while I am there, I am thinking that if I dont get it by Monday I will go back on the pill just while I am away so I won't have it. Is that ok to do?? and what if I am pregnant and just getting false negative tests??? will going back on the pill hurt the baby??? I am so confused, not sure what to do. I want to get pregnant more than anything, have wanted tp be a mom all my life... but I also want to do it right, have the whole vitamins and healthy eating thing going on for a few months first,..

Sorry if this is a rant, just a million things running through my mind,..

well, guess I will go to see if AF is here yet, for the billionth time today!

Hi there! I cam off the pill had an af then was pregnant so i was quick. Good luck with the :bfp:

i wouldnt worry too much. i tried to miss my placebos so i wouldnt get AF during wedding time and i had a withdrawl bleed anyways. i really think the stress of a wedding screws it all up....especially if you dieted as well... but in case, i would start vitamins and eating properly (and avoid drinking) in case anyways...

AF finaly made an appearance today!! Wow, that is a load off my mind.

I think your right Alchemist, it was just going off the pill along with wedding stress and diet that probably screwed things up. Plus I am currently verry sick with some kind of throat infection so that might not have helped as well.

But now all is well and I can start the preparations for TTC next month, so until then I am still WTT, and will enjoy every minute of it!!. Already started the folic acid, and reading anything I can get my hands on regarding the rest.

Thanks everyone!

Hey!

Congrats on your wedding!! Its so exciting!

I have never been on the pill and my periods were always regular up until christmas when I got irregular bleeding. this months it took 30 days before AF showed.

I think its wedding stress too, but gawd its stressfull lol

Emma.x

Took me 6 months to get pregnant after coming off the pill.

Glad it worked out for you :hugs: Keep in mind the 6 months is just an average, some women take much longer, some get a BFP much more quickly (my hubby was counting on it taking us 6 months......only took three!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->