Congrats Mommies! Just got my BPF yesterday. Looking for journey friends. EDD OCT 27

Oh, I'm glad you got an explanation. It's hard to know what doctors are thinking when they aren't explaining things like they should. NO ONE wants you to have another mini-stroke. Hope you guys get a chance to bd. That's one thing I'm looking forward to getting back to normal.

I'm feeling OK physically. The same aches and pains you know. Mentally and emotionally, I'm really working on being positive because my attitude is pretty bad. I don't even want to talk to DH and everything my SD does is annoying me, and that's not fair to them. I just want to be left alone.

I still have 5 days to beat the induction clock. Keep me in your thoughts.

After a very scary placental detachment and an emergency c-section under general anesthesia, Timothy William is here! Born October 5th @ 2:38 am. He's a very healthy 6lbs4oz & 19.25 inches. I'll get back a little later as I am in alot of pain right now...

Congrats Audra!!! So happy that u and Little Timothy are doing well. Get some rest and hope to hear from u soon. I could imagine how scary that was but I'm glad the u both are doing well.

Here he is... ❤

Attachments

• 20151006_154833.jpg
    20151006_154833.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 9
Oh my goodness, I did not expect to see that when I logged in today!! Congratulations Audra and welcome Timothy! :happydance: :hugs: What a little cutie. I hope you are feeling better today.

When you feel up to it Audra, I would be interested to hear what happened with the placental detachment, if you don't mind sharing? How did you know it was happening?

When you feel up to it Audra, I would be interested to hear what happened with the placental detachment, if you don't mind sharing? How did you know it was happening?

So, I woke up Sunday and was having contractions but they weren't really strong, just annoying. Dh and I went to Babies r us to get the baby's carseat & stroller. I was really achey the whole time. We went home around 6pm & i started timing them. They were consistent but too far apart to rush in to the hospital(7-8min). Dh and I went to bed early. Around 12:20am i woke up to painful contractions but after timing them, they were still only 5-6. minutes apart. I went and layed back down & a few minutes later i felt a gush. I yelled out to Dh that my water just broke. He turns on the light and we both see that it's not my water, it's blood. ALOT of blood. I immediately lay down on the floor, on my left side and told Dh to call 9-11. We have a doppler so i immediately tell Dh to get it for me because I needed to hear baby's heartbeat. I was terrified that we were going to lose him. So, the ambulance arrives ( they were pissing me off because they were moving so slow) they take me into the ER. I was there being evaluated and my doctor comes in. She said i had lost too much blood for a spinal and she wanted to get baby out ASAP. They put me under and Timothy William was born @ 2:38am on October 5th! It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I thought for sure we were going to die ����
So now, Timothy is doing perfectly I'm healing up pretty good. C-sections are really painful! I didn't know what was happening but when I saw all that blood, I knew it had to be placental abruption. I lost two units at home and more on the way there. I feel so blessed to have made it through this, and baby Timothy is Healthy. hope everyone is doing well and we have some more babies soon!

Wow I feel bad for DH as well as u Audra. I know how much u said he worried before so seeing so much blood was probably horrifying to him. Again I'm so happy everything is fine now, and he is beautiful btw.

Ncpjcp good luck on ur induction. I hope everything turns out perfect and u have Baby Samuel in ur arms in no time.

AFM nothing much has changed. Dr said she's going to let me go into natural labor (boooo) so I probably have a long ways to go. Can't believe we're seeing babies already. It's so exciting.

Gonarwy it's crazy huh. Never kno what ur going to see when u check for updates lol. How r u doing?

That sounds terrifying Audra! I'm SO glad everything has worked out OK, you must have been so scared. Do your doctors have any idea why that happened? How long do you think you and Timothy will be in hospital for?

Ncpjcp - I am thinking of you. Looking forward to seeing an update!

Sam - pretty soon it will be just us two left out of the thread regulars, lol. Nothing really happening with me. I have an appt this evening so I'm hoping they tell me baby is engaged, or that at least something is happening! No signs that labour will be starting any time soon, just a few tightenings here and there - but we all know that can go on for weeks before baby actually arrives.

I ended up with an induction and almost 24 labor. I pushed him out in 15 mins. GL everyone who hasn't delivered yet and congrats to those who have.

Samuel Henry is what we've named him. He's perfect and feeding great. I'm sore but recovering well. We are still at the hospital.

I ended up with an induction and almost 24 labor. I pushed him out in 15 mins. GL everyone who hasn't delivered yet and congrats to those who have.

Samuel Henry is what we've named him. He's perfect and feeding great. I'm sore but recovering well. We are still at the hospital.

Congrats. How big was he?

Congratulations nmpjcp! I'm so glad to hear he is finally here :happydance: Enjoy these first few moments with your little guy and rest up. Looking forward to hearing more from you soon :)

Not much to update after my appointment yesterday. I was measuring a little behind last time which had me slightly worried, but I have now caught up so that's a relief. The midwife couldn't tell if he is engaged yet (and said that 2nd+ babies usually don't engage until right at the end, anyway), but she did say that his head couldn't be moved side to side when she felt my belly - so he must be at least heading in the right direction! I have been feeling a lot of pressure low down and getting jolts of pain in my right hip. I've also had (TMI warning) slightly loose bowels for the last couple of days. So I'm hoping these are positive signs! My next appt isn't until the 22nd (if I'm still pregnant then!), at which time I will be offered a sweep.

How are you feeling today Sam?

Why isn't ur appt till the 22nd? Mine are very week now. I go back on Tuesday, even tho I'm pretty sure nothing would have changed. Today I've felt okay just a lot of Braxton hicks. Nothing painful only the tightenings. Took walks the last few nights hoping that will kick start something. OH won't dtd with me anymore, he's to scared he'll just the baby. He's becoming more and more paranoid.
It's weird I'm getting more and more anxious for this to happen but at the same time telling myself it's more than likely going to be another month with my luck.

Do u feel anything changing.

P.S I hit this stage of insomnia it seems like. OH is snoring away in bed next to me and I'm just laying in the dark with the stupid phone in my hand. Debating on going downstairs and watching tv....

Going through the public system here in Aus (well at least at my hospital), you don't get weekly appts until 40 and then 41 weeks, and then after that you are usually induced before you get to 42 weeks. I know, it seems like a long time between appts when you are this far along, I wish I had another one next week!

I am also doing things to try and start labour - walking lots, bouncing on my ball, taking red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil... my hubby will still DTD as I've told him it can help! Not that that's happening very often these days lol. I feel the same way as you Sam, it just seems more and more likely that I will go overdue again!

In a way I get it. I just hit weekly appts this past Tuesday and they gave me 4 more to include Nov 3 incase I need it. Fingers crossed that I don't. But I don't really see what's the whole point of them. I'm going to ask my doctor what her thoughts are about doing a sweep.

God these next few weeks are going to really DRAG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->