Congrats Mommies! Just got my BPF yesterday. Looking for journey friends. EDD OCT 27

Since its almost Halloween here in the states I talked OH into going to a haunted horror night theme park thing where they have haunted mazes and walk throughs.... Was hoping in a way it would scare the baby out of me lol. After about 4 miles of walking and non stop BH after I got home and sat down they stopped. Hopefully the walking did something at least. Pretty much felt fine all day except my feet are KILLING ME!

We're in the middle of a heat wave right now so I'm going crazy with that. Trying to spend as much time with DD tho. Today we bought her her first pair of roller skates so that's what we're working on this weekend. She's so excited.

How r u feeling?

It's been a pretty warm weekend here, too. We spent yesterday at my SIL's house - she has 3 boys aged 4, 2 and 6 months, so with my DS added into the mix it was complete chaos!! I would've liked to get out and do some more walking to try and get things started, but it was just too humid. I have started the EPO pessaries, so fingers crossed they make some difference (tonight will be the 3rd night I've done it).

We don't really do Halloween in Aus. It's starting to get more popular, but only certain streets do trick or treating and in general people don't decorate their houses much or anything. We have been invited to a Halloween party but I'm hoping we can't go as that will mean baby has arrived!! Your visit to the haunted house sounds pretty fun Sam - sorry that baby decided to stay put though! I love scary things like that :)

I hope Audra and nmpjcp continue to check in now and then, I would love to hear their updates! :flower:

Hey guys. Just checking in. The baby is taking up a whole lot of my time but I'm hoping to keep checking in.

DH loves Halloween but I'm not a fan. We won't be having a party at our house this year.

How are you guys feeling as pregnancy woes?

Braxton Hicks suck. I had those all night before my induction and and got no sleep.

Since I'm not at work I don't spend as much time on the computer.

Just quick update to say I have nothing to update! lol. Still just ticking along with no real change.

Haha! I love the updating to say there's nothing to update. Seems like me.
Except days seem so much longer and I hate that I'm in the symptom spot stage all over again.

Awww. Hang in there guys!!! I definitely can commeserate on the symptom spotting. I did it every day and still had to be induced.

Argh, getting frustrated! I had my 40 week appointment today and although I was told at my last appt that I would be offered a sweep today, they wouldn't do one! The midwife said the hospital's policy is not until after 40 weeks and I'm 39+5. I don't know why they told me that last time and I'm positive I had one at 39+6 with my son at the same hospital 2 years ago... I guess I'm just disappointed as I had my hopes up that I'd be getting one and it would work.

Nothing else to really update. I've been getting more tightenings, but no loss of plug or anything else. Looks like I'm in this for the long haul again.

Aww. I'm sorry. That has to be frustrating! I hope something happens for you soon. How are you feeling overall?

I'm sleep deprived and frustrated. Breastfeeding is going well. I'm eventually going to have to start bottle feeding but I'm trying wait as long as possible. Maybe 2 more weeks? Any advice on which bottles to try for combo feeding?

Glad to hear you're going well with feeding. I think sleep deprivation is just par for the course at this early stage but fingers crossed Sam lets you get some rest before too long. We combo-fed DS from pretty early on because my supply wasn't great. We didn't really have any issues getting him to accept bottles, but I know of other mum's whose babies just straight out refused them! We used Avent, Tommee Tippie and Medela bottles (including the Calma type which is supposed to be about as close to breast feeding as you can get)... maybe the key was that we used a few different kinds so he didn't developed a preference for any one in particular. Good luck!

In general I'm feeling pretty good. Lots of pressure and as I said Braxton Hicks, but nothing more than slightly uncomfortable. I'm going to be trying acupuncture for the first time this afternoon to see if it can help get things going. Wish me luck!

I'm so sorry ur overdue. I can just imagine how frustrated u may be. When is ur next appt? U should definitely be getting ur sweep then right?
Nmpjcp I'm glad things are going well. Sorry for the tiredness but like gonearwy said its to be expected and I'm sure we will be too. I co fed as well but I used playtex bottles. I enjoyed them and DD didn't seem to mind at all. I bought those again this time. But this time bought different types of nipples to see if maybe baby will like one better than another.

I put the car seat in the car yesterday hoping that would trigger baby in some way. I had a dr appt Wednesday and they just measured me and said baby has dropped. I kinda figured as I felt more pressure down there. And OH says I waddle lol. I've been having BH but nothing regular. A few nights ago I did have one contraction that actually brought me to my knees. I thought for sure that was it but nothing more came from it.

I'm constantly hoping to see plug or blood when I use the bathroom now. Don't remember having it with DD. Does that happen to everyone???

Good to hear from you Sam. I wonder which one of us is going to go first!

My next appointment is Wednesday afternoon and yes, I should definitely get a sweep then! Last night I was feeling so uncomfortable. Baby was moving around like crazy and felt like he was trying to burst out of my stomach. I was having some Braxton Hicks and also had really bad heartburn (which hasn't been a problem until the last couple of days). I had a glimmer of hope that something might happen during the night, but I woke up this morning and everything was back to normal.

I don't really remember losing any plug with DS, but then I was induced so maybe it just hadn't happened yet. I think sometimes it doesn't come until you're actually in labour, so the fact that you haven't seen anything yet isn't necessarily a bad sign. I've had a bit of extra mucous but nothing that I could definitely say "Oh, THAT'S the plug!'. Like you I'm hoping and checking every time I use the bathroom.

Ur exactly 1 week ahead of me so I hope that it's u! I know this time next week if I still haven't had him I would be losing my mind lmao. So jealous of the other girls from the group.

I kno how u feel about thinking baby might just bust out of ur stomach sometimes.

I think at my hospital they don't let you go any more than 10 days over before inducing, so worst case scenario I should be in labour around November 2.

I have no clue about my hospital. My doctor did say if I make it to my next appt on the 29th which is my due date that we can then talk about induction.

Can I assume u had the baby :)

No change in my status....

No, unfortunately baby has not yet made his entrance! Time is going by at a snail's pace!

No? I for sure thought. I'm sorry. Are u feeling any different at all?

Thinking of you ladies! Labor dust. I'm checking in waiting to see baby news. :)

Thank u, we need it lol. How is baby boy doing? Hope u are getting some rest?

Went for a long walk tonight and I'm going to force OH into DTD something that hasn't happened for awhile both because I've been sore and he feels "weird". Anyways any help I can get I'll take at this point.

Yep, we really do need that labour dust!!

At this point I think I have tried everything to try and start labour - raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil, spicy food, sex, lots of walking, bouncing on a birth ball, acupuncture, clary sage oil, pineapple...!! And absolutely nothing has happened.

I'll update after my appointment tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->