Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...?

Sorry girls! Hope the New Year brings many BFPs and many new, healthy baby bundles! Let's keep the stork busy in 2011!

I felt ovulation yesterday, big time. And timing-wise it makes sense. What a waste of my little eggy!

But....... hopefully we'll do better with the timing this cycle for OH. Planning to meet the donor on Thursday morning! Hope the weather is good for travelling by Wednesday night! FX'ed.

I am going to order an insem kit online... but it wont be here in time for this insem. I like the look of the syringe better tho! Plus it comes with preseed... which we haven't used yet. Anyone (in the US) know where they sell preseed?? I think we need to start trying some new techniques this time!

https://www.fertilitysuppliesonline.com/ItemPages/AI.htm

Lea -- How are you doing? :hugs: Tegan have a wonderful Christmas??

Yes thanks, she had a brilliant time :) Not so good for me though, I have some sort of virus/flu thing and am quite ill with it.. not good. Hope you are all well x

The Preseed website also tells you of some stores you can find it in: https://www.preseed.com/where-states.html

Thanks -- as soon as i get paid, i will order it online for next time... Seems there are very few places that carry it!

Hope you gals don't mind me joining you here in this thread. We've been TTC naturally but suffered three MC, and now my DH is having a hard time keeping erect during BD that we are trying inseminating with his sperm in syringe. I think the frustration is just getting to him. :(

Tonight is my last shot for this cycle. OPK was positive yesterday. We inseminated both the day before yesterday and yesterday. Hoping he doesn't mind giving me one more sample tonight.

Welcome Ohai! :wave: Glad you are joining us!

I found Pre-seed! The website said that CVS carries it -- so i called & they had some in-stock! :happydance: Any suggestions for the best way to use it??

Welcome Ohai! :wave: Glad you are joining us!

I found Pre-seed! The website said that CVS carries it -- so i called & they had some in-stock! :happydance: Any suggestions for the best way to use it??

I wouldn't overdo it. I used it to "lubricate" an instead cup before putting the sperm in there. It's not supposed to actually nourish sperm like egg whites, just isn't harmful, so I'd say just use it as a lubricant as needed.

Rainbowbaby10 and I had lunch today!

Welcome Ohai!

It is sooooooooooo hard to predict ovulation in advance! :dohh:

OH got a positive on the OPK this morning!!!!!!! (Tuesday)

But we aren't meeting the donor for insem until Thursday morning! :growlmad:

We tried to email & text him to see if he can meet us tomorrow instead -- but no response! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

The Thursday morning insem should be good, you ovulate 24-48 hours after the positive, but the egg still lives for an additional 24 hours :D.

I hope that he is still confirmed for Thurs. morning though, the non-response would annoy. FX'd for you :).

He finally responded back -- He was away visiting relatives for xmas. (It was worrisome not getting a response from him!) He said he will try to leave work early & meet us tonight... but if he is unable to do so... it will be Thursday morning as planned.

We are packing now & getting ready for the long (2 hour) drive to the hotel. Getting there early *in case* he is able to meet us. FX'ed.

Hope it all goes well and he can meet you tonight Ruby. Even if tomorrow is your only shot, it's still well worth it. I'll keep everything crossed for you.

G. x

Very much so Luna. :) I'm in quite a bit of pain with SPD and now we've had the go ahead to birth at home - baby at full term size and head engaged - I just want to meet him/her now.

Incidentally, when it does happen I will probably post on FB before I get the time/energy to post on my various other forums. Those of you who know me on there too are more than welcome to spread the word here if I don't get to it, just so you know. :)

Gina. x

Ohhh its so exciting! :D :D Boo for SPD tho, bet I get it cuz I have bad hips already :( Do u think you'll go sooner than ur due date? xx

I've got no idea! :) I'll be surprised if it happens before 39 weeks but after that who knows. E was born on her due date and statistically 2nd babies come a few days earlier than the first, but almost everyone I know personally who has had more than one has gone longer the second time. I'm hoping it's a day or so early at least because then it will be a capricorn like me, but who knows!

We'll find out soon enough!

Gina. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->